“Intriguing Dinner Spot”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Maple Creek, Canada
“Intriguing Dinner Spot”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Restaurant provides a quaint atmosphere you wouldn't expect from the outside. We started our adventure with fresh bread that came with balsamic and oil for dipping, it was nothing special and could have used more balsamic with the oil. Next we had an Olive Tapinade which was very flavorful and would definitely recommend ordering it. For our main course we both had the evening special which was Baked Acorn Squash Ravioli in a brown butter sage beer sauce. It was unique and had a fairly mild flavor but still pleasing to taste. For desert we followed up with the waitresses recommendation of Chocolate Pate that she eluded to being better than.........Shoe Shopping! It was very good but...shoe shopping in my girlfriends eyes is better. We also had a creme dessert similar to creme brulee which was very rich but also tasty.

After perusing the menu we are looking forward to going back and experiencing future taste sensations....

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Ritzmank

Alberta
“Always a great meal whether lunch or dinner”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This visit was for dinner. Usually requires reservations but we stopped in right at opening & owner was able to fit us in. Fantastic meal as everything is cooked to your taste & dietary need. Had the bacon wrapped dates to start & there were enough for two. Main meal was gluten free pasta with shrimp (large) & cream sauce. Owner also aware of dairy intolerance so she only lightly sauced my plate which was enough & completed the dish.Husband also enjoyed the fresh made bread, escargot in a beautiful light white herbed sauce & his main meal was fantastic as well. We had the dessert trio ...this could have been enough for four as I didn`t realize that it was 3 complete regular size desserts. Every one of them, again homemade & excellent. We love coming here!!

• Visited May 2013
6 Thank Look4-2
Alberta
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Popped in for lunch (no reservation needed at this time of day). We had the Veggie Crepe (gluten free) with Italian salad & the Poalo Pizza & shared Penna Cotta dessert which was fantastic. Owner remembers her repeat customers & is always friendly. Service & food excellent. Food very fresh. We love this place!!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Look4-2
Manchester, England
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I visited here with my husband on a Friday night as a treat. I'd read good reviews and we weren't disappointed. It was quiet but the inside of the restaurant is lovely, they have a big stage and instruments. I can imagine it would be an amazing place for live music. I had the parma ham wrapped dates, having never had dates before I was concerned I wouldn't like the dish but it was gorgeous. My husband had the casear salad which he also said was good. We also had warm bread straight out of the oven with olive oil and balsamic vinegar served to us for free which I thought was a lovely touch. I had the lemon shrimp pasta for main and my husband had the chicken burger which I thought strange given we were in an Italian restaurant but it was really well cooked and the portions were massive. My pasta was beautiful. We were given a shot on the house by the owner and then had desert, again fab.The owner, China is lovely and so friendly. She came over to ask us how our food was and we had an interesting chat with her. I can't wait to go back and take some friends, my only regret is not having room to try some of the amazing looking cocktails!

• Visited January 2013
Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
“Nice ambience. Friendly helpful staff.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had the cannelloni and also the Italian Nachos!! The nachos were so good we had a second plate:) a little pricey, but very tasty. My only complaint would be with the serving of wine!! There was very little in the wine glass, definitely not the usual serving one would usually receive. Overall a nice evening.

1 Thank Patricia R