We stayed at the Comfort Inn for a weekend while attending a wedding reception. We had booked a suite which cost around $150/night.
The outside of the hotel is nice and new and the lobby and hallways look brand new, but this must be a renovated hotel - the rooms looked updated, but not fresh and new. The walls had patterns that looked a little stale and the colours were more 1990s. However, everything was very clean and well-kept. The suites have a living area with sofa-bed, mini fridge, bar area (with sink) and microwave with a separate adjoining room for the bedroom. Beds were very comfy. There were 2 TV's but my husband claimed the 'good one' was out in the living area, while the bedroom TV was smaller and lower quality. The channels were also difficult to navigate in the bedroom, and there were much fewer options. Not the end of the world.
We peeked at the pool, which was a standard hotel pool and seemed average, but when my sister wanted to swim with her little one mid-morning, they were unfortunately cleaning and adding chemical, so they didn't get a chance to use it.
Parking was great - we were able to get a spot close to the additional keyed door quite easily despite coming and going. The front desk staff were very pleasant and quickly accessed our room number without any fuss or wasted time. It was actually fairly quiet (for a hotel) and rooms seemed better insulated from noise than we've usually experienced. Comfort Inn is very close to the Mall and to several restaurants, which was very convenient when you needed to run to Target for Tylenol or grab at coffee next door at Tim Horton's in the morning. Easily walking distance. There is also a Safeway and a Superstore less than a minute away.
Overall, it was a nice stay for a decent price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Breathe Easy on our 100 percent smoke free environment. We invite business travelers, family vacationers, pet lovers, and couples seeking a different lodging at our fresh and modern look Medicine Hat, Alberta hotel. Guests enjoy the 100 tastefully design and super clean guest rooms, newly expanded breakfast area that serves an amazing hot breakfast, an abundance of amenities including 24 hours lobby coffee service, free local calls and free wireless high-speed fiber optic internet access. After a good work out on our Fitness room, guest can also relax on our indoor hot tub and upgraded swimming pool. Business travelers, enjoy our hotel's business center, containing 2 computers, printer and scanner with Internet access, meeting rooms capable of handling up to 40 people, copy and fax services. All guest rooms are equipped with new and environmentally friendly air conditioned, cable television, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Whether business or pleasure brings you to the area, the Comfort Inn & Suites hotel is the perfect place to stay on your next trip to Medicine Hat. We look forward to serve you and experience the true meaning of hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Medicine Hat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Medicine Hat
- Comfort Inn And Suites
- Comfort Inn Medicine Hat
- Medicine Hat Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn & Suites Medicine Hat Alberta