“good hotel- would stay again”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Reviewed May 1, 2013

great hotel, wonderful staff, very clean and bright. Pool was good the nieces and nephews had a great time- althought the staff could have been a little more attentive with the towles (make sure you check before you enter the pool). breakfast is great- cookies were wonderful- coffee and tea all day was a great touch...as well as the playground for the kids!

worst part of the stay was I had internet when I arrived at the hotel- however the next morning I did not- I called the front desk and was told that I had to call the 1888 number- this is not something a guest should have to do- I know how to operate my computer- I should not have to sit with tech support to figure out the internet modum needed to be reset -I called around 9am- to make matters worse I called around 2pm again becuase it was still not fixed-he could not help me because a level 2 tech had to call the hotel persons to walk them through reseting it- according to the person I spoke to) the second guy I spoke to was very unprofessional, rude and condecending.

the hotel is a wonderful place- wonderful staff- its too bad that they have this company dealing with their internet- again as a guest I should not have to deal with hotel connection issues- and yes it was a saturday but people still have to work I did not appreciate having no internet from 9am-4pm! I feel that the hotel would benefit from addressing the service issues from this company as it reflects very poorly on them- and if I had to deal with them again- I would choose to stay elsewhere.

however, great stay otherwise....just get a room away from the elevators.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Barbara H
LeslieSquires, General Manager at Days Inn Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to share your comments, feedback such as yours is very valuable to us. I am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. However, I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced with the internet. We fully realize the importance of good, fast, reliable internet, and I can appreciate how frustrating this must have been for you. In most cases, the technical support team that we have are very helpful in working with guests that need assistance with their computer. However, in your situation, there was a problem with our equipment and you should not have had to deal with that. I would also like to apologize for the way that you are treated when dealing with technical support. I do hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Medicine Hat.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Medicine Hat

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I would say this is an average hotel. Nothing glamorous. The Room was relatively clean but the carpets in the room were In desperate need of carpet cleaning. The breakfast was very basic but fresh. There are plenty of amenities close by, everything in walking distance.

1  Thank Mobdeals

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us. I was happy to hear that you found our breakfast items fresh, that is a great way to start the day. I apologize that the the carpet in your room was not satisfactory. We do shampoo all carpets regularly and we take your comments very seriously. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you visit Medicine Hat.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Faye K

Reviewed April 25, 2013

1  Thank Cliff K

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had a very good stay. My room was clean everyone was very friendly. I had a great sleep and the breakfast in the morning was very good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jennifer S

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We have certainly seen a lot of 'storm-stayed' guests this winter, it is always nice to know that we were able to help make the best of an otherwise bad situation. We look forward to seeing you again, hopefully the weather will be better!

Reviewed April 22, 2013