“Days Inn stay”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very good experience, but then I have found this to be true with all the D2H hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
LeslieSquires, General Manager at Days Inn Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We are very glad that you enjoyed our hotel and your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Medicine Hat

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have been driving to British Columbia from Manitoba over the past two decades on summer vacations. Our most recent trip was in August 2012 to Penticton. Driving from Winnipeg west, Medicine Hat is just a shade under 1000 kms, and a good full day's drive.

The Days Inn in Medicine Hat has become our preferred hotel of choice on the road. Great staff, clean rooms (new 50 inch flat screens are a bonus), a continental breakfast and a Houston's restaurant across the parking lot that is a decent family dining experience. Parking is usually quite accessible and the hotel has made some recent improvements to the property.

Accessibility from the Highway is great and leaving in the morning is no problem.

This was our third stay in this hotel and it was consistent with the others. I just ask that not everyone stay here at once in August as we still are looking to rent a room from time in the upcoming summers ;)

Room Tip: Some rooms have been recently remodelled. Ask for them.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FrostbyteWinnipeg
LeslieSquires, General Manager at Days Inn Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us. I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. Feedback such as yours inspires us to continually deliver the best possible experience for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back next August (if not sooner)!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel July 3-6th 2012 and again August 20-24th 2012. My first stay was enough to get me to book my second stay while I was checking out; the room was clean and the staff very friendly. Unfortunately the second stay started off as a nightmare, the room was not very clean and around midnight the bugs started crawling on the headboard and the lamps. I realize the bugs are a seasonal thing that is beyond the hotels control but I have to think properly cleaning the room would have helped.

The front desk clerk was not very helpful almost to the point of rude when I called for a new room in the middle of the night. Eventually they were able to get me into another room that appeared to be recently renovated and cleaned. No follow up ever occurred and while checking out the front desk clerk did not even know I had to change rooms during my stay. They ended up giving me what worked out to be $10 off per night ($40) for the inconvenience of moving rooms.
The Wi-Fi at this hotel is one of the best around, no lost connections through either stay and it is quite fast compared to others. The parking lot is also decent, trucks fit in the stalls and doors can still be opened. Great location to get on and off Highway 1, also lots of restaurants and shopping nearby.

You can’t always be perfect and things do go wrong, I would consider staying here again but for now I will try somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been renovated. The 4th floor requires you to use your key in the elevato...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff M
LeslieSquires, General Manager at Days Inn Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

I am very sorry to hear about the disappointment surrounding your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with the cleanest accommodation possible as well as the highest level of customer service, and the fact that you experienced anything other than that is very disappointing to hear. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your first stay with us, and I would like to assure you that it is what you can expect throughout any future stays with us. I would also like to thank you for your feedback, feedback such as yours helps us to move forward and improve.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My experience with the Days Inn was more than I expected. The check in time was exceptionally quick, all inquiries where answered with professionalism. The room was clean and comfortable, serving our needs very well. The maid service exceptional and expedient. They continental breakfast was more than expected, comparison with the Hotel next there is none as they had no breakfast, swimming or work out room and the price was the same.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brenda P
LeslieSquires, General Manager at Days Inn Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a favorable review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Medicine Hat. I will certainly share your comments with all of the staff and we look forward to seeing you again!

Staff & Management

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed in room 424, and everything looks brand new. King size bed, microwave, mini-fridge, 40+ flat panel tv mounted to the wall.
Continental Breakfast is predictable and comparable to the other hotel in the area.
Very clean.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms are awesome!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank garymeth5
LeslieSquires, General Manager at Days Inn Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Our large flat screen TV's are certainly a huge hit with our guests! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Last time I stayed here there were issues with construction but the staff were helpful and kind so I gave them a free pass. I think I take it back.

I was trying to get a solution to my problem - just an issue with getting change for the in hotel laundry (2 dollars) and they basically told me to go drive around town or go across the street and get it somewhere else. They couldn't take it off my card or add it to my room.

I've never stayed in a hotel that can't add a charge to a room or at least put it on a credit card! If they'd at least been a little apologetic about it, it would have been fine. But they were downright mean- as if I was the crazy person for even asking - or trying to steal $2 by having the charge added to my room.

Very strange. I've had lots of other hotels help me out with this kind of thing. They must have a bad charge/computer system.

Room Tip: 4th floor is a no kids quiet floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jennifer C
LeslieSquires, General Manager at Days Inn Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I apologize for the frustration you experienced trying to get money to do laundry. Unfortunately, our credit card machines do not allow guests to take out money on their credit/debit cards. If you so chose, you could have of course charged something to your room (ie. laundry soap or some other item from our Convenience Mart). It sounds to me as though there was some miscommunication, and if that is the case, I apologize for that. I am sorry if you felt our staff were unapologetic with your situation, that is certainly not they way we wanted you to feel. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and were very impressed, the hotel is newer and very clean. The staff were very courteous and accommodating. The only minor change that could be made is the breakfast buffet is very cramped, if they would move the toaster to another area that would speed the line up.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank riderfan20

Thank you so much for sharing your comments on your stay with us. I was so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We understand that our guests look for clean rooms and great service, and we do our best to exceed those expectations! You will be happy to hear that we are expanding our breakfast room and buffet area very soon. Hopefully you can come again and see the improvements we have made. Thanks again for sharing, enjoy the rest of your summer!
Staff & Management