“Nice hotel, but under construction and near the highway so noisy.”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Fort Macleod, Canada
“Nice hotel, but under construction and near the highway so noisy.”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Hotel is clean and staff friendly. But the location right on the highway makes it noisy if you like to have your window open. Also, the hotel was under construction and there was banging during the day. They should have warned us about that when we made our reservation.

Room Tip: You want a room as far from the construction as possible.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
LeslieSquires, Manager at Days Inn Medicine Hat, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you found our hotel clean and friendly, as those are two goals we consistently strive towards. As you mentioned, we are currently under construction to add more guest rooms as well as a fitness room and meeting facilities. Throughout the construction we have tried to accommodate our guests as much as possible to minimize the interruption. I apologize that the construction disrupted your stay. I hope you will stay with us again to see the changes we have made the next time you visit Medicine Hat.
Staff and Management
Days Inn Medicine Hat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This hotel was just renovated and the rooms were super nice but I didn't enjoy the little black bugs running around the floor. Apparently, in a dry Summer they get these little pests in Medicine Hat but the front desk offered to move us. Also, the waterslide, which the kids loved, did shoot people out with a huge splash into a small pool - somebody is going to get seriously hurt one of these days. Its diffiicult to stay out of somebody's way when its such a small pool. The breakfast was free & good selection. Overall, my family had a great time there.

Room Tip: If staying during a dry Summer, get a room on second floor where there apparently are no black bugs.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
LeslieSquires, General Manager at Days Inn Medicine Hat, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, despite the "little pests" that seem to visit the city every summer. I was glad to hear that you liked the newly renovated rooms. We are so excited to have these rooms to offer to our guest. Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon.
Staff and Management
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights at the Days Inn Medicine Hat Alberta on business.
Crystal the Desk clerk was awesome. Very professional and courteous. The room was very clean. It had a new a flat screen TV. comfortable beds. Pillows were plenty and comfy. Location was right beside Houston Pizza. Had a great Steak sandwich and big schooner of beer. Fast excellent service great food, good price. I believe they served breakfast there also. the only negative was the construction at the one end of the hotel(they are adding 20 rooms) started at 6:30 am one morning. I mentioned it and the desk person/ crystal gave me a Tim Hortons gift card.. Really a nice gesture. Like all Days Inns, parking is at a premium so when you get in late you are scrambling for a spot.
I would definately stay again. They had an excellent govt. rate.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
LeslieSquires, General Manager at Days Inn Medicine Hat, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal at Days Inn Medicine Hat is to ensure our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and it is always nice to hear how we are doing. I apologize for the inconvenience of the construction, and I would like to thank you for your understanding of the situation. We look forward to seeing you again once the construction has been completed, if not before!
Saskatchewan
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Hotel was clean, breakfast was adequate, staff was friendly and helpful. Pool area was clean and the kids loved the waterslide.

• Stayed July 2011
LeslieSquires, General Manager at Days Inn Medicine Hat, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Thank you for your comments. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff here work very hard and take pride in their job, comments like yours make it all worthwhile. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed July 13, 2011

The Days Inn is a lower level business hotel located on the city fringe. Waited 20 minutes on hold to phone reception. Waited another half hour for them to bring more towels. I think I could get more for the money elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank traveldersp
LeslieSquires, General Manager at Days Inn Medicine Hat, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Thank you taking the time to post a review. We appreciate all feedback we receive, both the good and the bad. I was very sorry to hear that your stay with us was anything les than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and make your stay as comfortable as possible. It is clear to me that in this specific situation we did not meet this goal, and I can assure that we will take steps now to prevent this from happening in the future. Once again, I would like to offer my apologies and we hope to see you the next time you are in Medicine Hat.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Pleasant stay in a very clean hotel with friendly staff. Stayed on the 4th floor which had key card controlled access. Enjoyed the flat screen TV. The mattress was good, but the pillows didn't compress and so wer uncomfortably high. Didn't go in the pool, but looked nice and had a water slide. Breakfast was good and coffee and cookies were available all day.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
LeslieSquires, General Manager at Days Inn Medicine Hat, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry to hear that you found our pillows uncomfortable, you will be happy to hear that we are in the process of replacing our pillows. As for the rest of your stay, I am happy that you found our hotel enjoyable. We hope to see you again!
Staff & Mgmt
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I stayed here with two other colleagues; each in our own room for two nights last week. The check-in process was typical yet efficient and we were in our rooms within 5 minutes. The first thing I noticed was that there were snacks and coffee readily available at the front desk. The next was the cleanliness of the rooms. I've stayed in five-star hotels that couldn't touch the cleaning staff in this establishment. The room temperature was perfect and all was quiet for the duration of my stay.

Breakfast is included in a common breakfast room (6am - 10am) and one would be hard-pressed to not find something suitable to eat. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. I required three stamps for correspondence and the front desk clerk happily provided me with them, accepting no payment. Upon checkout, we were awarded a free night's stay for our next trip to a D3H(?) hotel and a $20 gift card for a selection of restaurants, as we had accumulated 6 nights' worth of points between the three of us.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us. It is always nice to hear feedback from our guets. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Staff & Mgmt