“Stay away from the restaurant”

Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed December 31, 2005

Having stayed at the lodge before, it was my first choice for accommodation on this trip. Being 4 adults with 2 kids, their Parlor Suite appeared to be the right choice, although I never really got the right description. On check in, I found the room not as described. Furthermore, some repairs had been done to one part of the room and a clamp had been left on one of the wall which was a major tripping hazard. The glue smell was also prominent in the room. After a complaint, we were moved to better adjoining rooms. The pool, waterslide and hot tubs were great as usual, although the staff seemed to have problems with some rowdy teenagers. The main detractor to our stay was the restaurant. Unfortunately, I had forgotten how bad it was during our last visit. Once again, I got caught. The buffet was a disgrace to cheap buffets. The eggs were actually green and the rest of the items were soggy with still 1 hour to go. Service was bad at best and the bill was erroneous. Therefore, if you plan on staing there, don't be afraid to complaint if the room isn't up to par and avoid the restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa

Reviewed February 15, 2005

I have to say a couple of things about this place. First of all the award winning Waterpark, to the reviewers who said differently it is clean you must have been there on a bad day, lightbulbs broken in the trees, comon it is not that gross, yes I can say that the other stuff in there is kinda gross but again you must have been there on a bad day. The hotel rooms that are poolview are not very nice but the outsideview rooms are nice. And also Alberta/Western Canada does have the best beef and again it is not the beef it must be the cooks. As for the hotel I must say this is the place to stay for families not for people just passing by. Also if you are on Budget and still want two big waterslides stay at the Travelodge!!!

Thanks for listening!!!

Great site Tripadvisor!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Calgary, AB
Reviewed February 8, 2005

I would like to take this opportunity to offer a sincere thank you to you and all of your staff at the Medicine Hat Lodge for the treatment that I have recieved for this past number of years. I am currently an "Outside Sales Representative" with Weir Services and have been so for almost four years now. During this time my role has been to travel primarily throughout the southern parts of Alberta and Saskatchewan (but also to other locations in North America) promoting our product line. Obviously I spend numerous evenings away from home. It is with this in mind that i am compelled to inform you of the exemplary service that you provide. I can honestly say that the care and attention to detail does not go unmissed on my part. The staff that you command truly reflects the commitment of management to provide a noteworthy stay to patrons at your establishment. Time and time again the employees that I encounter continue to be of a friendly and courteous nature, provide amenities and information in a pleasant and professional manner that is second to none. My travels have taken me to quite a number of different locations and establishments and they all pale in comparison to the total feeling of being welcomed here. In closing I wish you all the best for your future endeavours and look forward to returning.

Reviewed November 4, 2004

This hotel is not recomended for a short time our a site seeing tour it is recomended for a family time. This hotel has two great waterslides, deep plesant pool, kiddie pool, Hot Tub, steam room, poolview rooms, and much room. Located just of Trans-Canada-Highway. I have stayed here twice and loved it both times. For a major busy hotel the waterslides are very quiet and the rooms are also quiet. The only minor problems are the age of the hotel. And the rooms are O.K but they are old such as brown counter tops ext. and the rooms are roomy but dingy [ the poolview rooms are dingy the outsideview rooms are not]. Despite the few problems this hotel is recomended.

5  Thank Barkleythedog
Medicine Hat, AB
Reviewed August 17, 2004

We spent Friday evening at your hotel in one of your new Jacuzzi Suites and loved the experience. The room was first class and the area was nice and quiet.

My wife and I had a great evening. We had dinner in the dining room and the food and service, as always, were excellent. We spent a little time in the casino and then went across the street for a movie.

At the Medicine Hat Lodge you have done a great job of keeping your facilities in top shape and providing top notch service. Thanks, once again for a very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed April 26, 2004

We stayed at the Medicine Hat Lodge from April 19th to the 22nd and had an enjoyable time. The property was well maintained, the restaurants very good and in different price ranges. The Alberta Spa on premises added to the overall package. The water park was spacious and enjoyable. The only negative at all was that perhaps the water slide should be better supervised as at times as some children were doing dangerous stunts on and off. By chance there was a dinner theatre performing at the time of our stay and we enjoyed the production. While we weren't interested in the casino ourselves understandably quite a few people would be. We intend to go back and recommend the hotel.

2  Thank james19501
alberta
Reviewed February 14, 2004

my wife and I spent a saturday night at the lodge and found it met or exceeded our expectations, the room(king size bed) was very comfrtable, the room was quiet with very heavy drapes (kept the parking lot lighting out) the cleanliness was impressive the staff harried but helpful and the restraunts in the lodge average to good. The grandchildren loved the waterslide although it needed some maintenence on the starway( algae) the casino was fun and busy( the blackjack table coverings were absolutely worn out) the sunday brunch (with chocolate fountain) looked very good but a bit pricey($16.00). overall it was a good experiance and catered to a family stay 8 out of ten!