“Good room - overexaggerated ammenities”

Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Good room - overexaggerated ammenities”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The "water park" is only 2 water slides, a hot tub, a kiddie pool, and a medium sized pool that was closed while I was staying there. The casino is pretty nice but drinks were not free. And as much as we spent at the casino, you'd think the price of the rooms would be cheaper like other hotels with casinos. We didn't try out the spa. The restaurants were nice but a tad expensive. The liquor store was small but decent. The staff was really friendly. The rooms were very nice, but it got rather loud early in the morning when kids were in the pool. That woke us up earlier than we wanted to be awake. Overall, it was a decent hotel, but slightly overpriced.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am happy you experienced all the amenities the hotel has to offer. Our Waterpark is the largest hotel pool facility located in Medicine Hat, and I apologize that during your stay our main pool was closed for renovations. All our prices are competitive for our market place, but I will pass along your concerns about the room and restaurant prices to the appropriate managers. Again thank you for reviewing our hotel and please contact myself the next time you decide to book a stay with us.
jladouceur@medhatlodge.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The stay was okay but the next morning I got a call from the medicine hat police service wondering why I never paid my bar tab from a bar a wasn't at. The medicine hat lodge just gave them all my personal info because some drunk guy at the bar said that's where he was staying. I talked to the manager and general manager and they said they give their clients info to the police all the time. I will not be staying there again.!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Dnnllysn
Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Poolside rooms overpriced and rather dingy. Stayed 4 nights and room never cleaned before 5:00 pm. Doors on wardrobe falling off hinges. Underside of duvet had blueberry stains. No money spent on upgrading these rooms because parents will pay whatever to be near pool for their kids. Kids loved being near pool and had fun. Movie rentals cost $17+tax each. RIPOFF!! Advised at time of booking continental breakfast was included. At check in was told girl made mistake and no breakfast included. We bought the hot breakfast one morning but it was pretty crappy so didn't miss anything after all. Dinner buffet no better. Laundry room conveniently situated next to weight room. Fast room service. Lobby area nice & staff pleasant.

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd & 4th floors nicer & more modern due to upgrades.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank goodtogoCanada
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations and that we did not achieve our level of service expected from my staff. I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate department managers and my staff to prevent this from occurring again. I am happy to hear your kids had fun and loved the pool but I would like to personally talk with you in regards to the rest of your stay. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stay in this Lodge with my family and in-laws every July and December. Most of our kids are young and they absolutely love the water slides. The front desk service is excellent as are the rooms. Very clean. They have good suites if you want 4 or 5 people to stay in one room. The restaurant on property is good - especially for breakfast. We honestly enjoy going here even though Medicine Hat isn't the most exciting town. You are close to the mall and cinema and Costco. We usually ask for a late check-out and have no problems getting one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to see our repeat customers commenting on their recent stays. Our suites are the perfect size for a small family to stay in with the extra space in the sitting area. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet that is included in most of our room rates. We appreciate the positive feedback and hope to see you again this July.
Regina
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We are a family of 6 - mom, dad, 8 yr old, 3 yr old and 7 month old twins and we had a great stay at the Medicine Hat Lodge and would stay here again when visiting. We experienced superior customer service! From the very start we were treated exceptionally by getting our room ready for us before check in as we arrived early in to the city and while waiting allowed us to utilize the pool/water-slide - which was awesome for the older kids. The room was spacious and clean as the rest of the hotel. First evening (Sat) they set up a movie screen & speakers in the front lobby area for the kids and serve fresh made popcorn. Sun morning buffet one of the best we have ever been to - excellent! While at brunch a member of the cleaning staff named Melissa cleaned our room so incredibly well! I mean really went out of her way, spent extra time organizing our room, tidying it, leaving extra towels, soap, etc. As I returned to my room she was just leaving and asked "I hope you don't mind that I spent extra time on the room because I thought you looked tired." I so appreciated that she went out of her way due to empathy because I was totally tired, 4 kids keep you real busy all the time. As well she came back with soft towels just for the babies. You are a good person Melissa and I thank your kind gesture while we stayed - you deserve the recognition. From the young man in the elevator asking everyone how their day was going, giving directions or making small talk, to the chef at the buffet who was making the fresh apple fritters and to all the staff - I don't think one person walked by that worked there that didn't say hello. Good hospitality and service is so hard to find these days. Totally awesome! Great job Medicine Hat Lodge - see you soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the fantastic review about your stay here at the Medicine Hat Lodge. I am so glad that you enjoyed the time you spent in the hotel. I am happy to hear that every encounter you had with our staff, they went above and beyond your expectations. Thank you again for the outstanding review and we look forward to your next stay.
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed at the Medicine Hat Lodge for one night on a business trip. The hotel staff was friendly upon check in but when we called to try to get a late checkout (as recommended by the desk staff when we got there) the staff member was not helpful and informed me I had to call housekeeping for a late checkout,

I was upgraded to a bigger room, a king suite which was spacious but dated and poorly lit. I was scared to sleep on the pillows as they were lumpy and yellow under the pillowcase.

I did love the waterslide pool area - it was a lot of fun to unwind in the big hot pool and going down the huge slides. I could smell the chlorine in the hallways so I'm glad my room faced away from pool area.

Breakfast does not start until 7:00 am which is useless to most business travellers, such as myself. I did like the large container of ice water and lemon/lime slices in the lobby, it was a nice touch.

I think this hotel would be better for families with kids rather than business travellers given the fun pool area and waterslides.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the waterslides unless you want to watch kids and smell chlorine.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SparkySprite
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize that your stay was satisfactory. I have informed the departments about your concerns noted in your review. Our Breakfast Buffet is open from 6:30am-10:30am Monday through Friday to accommodate our business travellers, and I am sorry this was not communicated correctly to you. I would like to further discuss your stay, if you can please contact me at your earliest convenience.
MOOSE JAW
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

The service here is by far the best I have ever had at any hotel. The staff are so friendly and helpful here, it really made for an enjoyable & relaxing stay. This hotel offers everything you need all under one roof including:

-Waterslides & Pools
-Delicious restaurants
-Well-Stocked Offsale/Liquor Store
-Beautiful gift shop
-Spa
-CASINO!

They even had a free movie and popcorn night in the lobby on one of the nights we were here! the beds and pillows were verrrrrry comfy and it was hard to want to crawl out of bed in the mornings lol. Rooms are also kept meticulously clean by maids. There is complimentary coffee in the room and also complimentary coffee, fruit & water in the lobby. Great location too! There is a Walmart, movie theatre, shopping mall, arcade and many, MANY other fun close very close by. This is a very well-run hotel!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank RoadTripGirly
We very much appreciate your comments and visiting us at the Medicine Hat Lodge. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I am glad you were able to enjoy all the amenities the hotel has to offer. Thank you for sharing your experience, and I hope your next stay will be as pleasant as the previous one.