“Best service, beautiful & spacious rooms.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa

Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
MOOSE JAW
“Best service, beautiful & spacious rooms.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

The service here is by far the best I have ever had at any hotel. The staff are so friendly and helpful here, it really made for an enjoyable & relaxing stay. This hotel offers everything you need all under one roof including:

-Waterslides & Pools
-Delicious restaurants
-Well-Stocked Offsale/Liquor Store
-Beautiful gift shop
-Spa
-CASINO!

They even had a free movie and popcorn night in the lobby on one of the nights we were here! the beds and pillows were verrrrrry comfy and it was hard to want to crawl out of bed in the mornings lol. Rooms are also kept meticulously clean by maids. There is complimentary coffee in the room and also complimentary coffee, fruit & water in the lobby. Great location too! There is a Walmart, movie theatre, shopping mall, arcade and many, MANY other fun close very close by. This is a very well-run hotel!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank RoadTripGirly
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
We very much appreciate your comments and visiting us at the Medicine Hat Lodge. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I am glad you were able to enjoy all the amenities the hotel has to offer. Thank you for sharing your experience, and I hope your next stay will be as pleasant as the previous one.
jladouceur@medhatlodge.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Saskatchewan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

The checkin agent was cool and not very helpful, although the morning checkout staff were very friendly. THe room was clean but the furniture was chipped, the room needed painting and it could use new beds. We found the bed & pillows very uncomfortable.

We were offered an upgraded room for $10.00 more - we looked at the room but couldn't see the value but it may have had better pilloes & bed.

I was a walk in so I feel I overpaid by approx 25%.

The one strange thing was the "free" continental breakfast didn't open until 6:30am and if you wanted some breakfast meat it was an additional $2.99. Go figure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sk User
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your response with us about your recent stay at the Medicine Hat Lodge. We value the time you took to provide us with feedback on our hotel rooms and restaurant services. Please contact me to further discuss your stay.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just checked in here and the first thing I noted when I walked in is how bad a vacuuming this place needs. And this extends throughout all of the hotel. I can forgive the institutional looking exterior but the interior for me anyways, has to be clean! First impressions mean a lot so get some extra cleaners in here perhaps!
The staff were friendly enough at the front desk but since when is there an up-charge for a room that has an extra person totaling 2 persons in it? Is a hotel occupancy not based on 2 people? I do not even eat breakfast so if this is about having a coupon for a "free morning meal" they can have it back!
We opted to pay for an upgrade to the 4th floor since we are going to be spending a few days here and wanted the jetted tub as I know from other reviews I will not be using the pool here, nor the hot tub in 1st level common area (too messy and noisy).
Our first room was not cleaned properly so we had to move down the hall. The night tables and other surfaces had not even been wiped down in room #1! Crumbs and multiple water rings from glasses etc were visible - gross! The 2nd room we found more acceptable cleanliness-wise but as I sit here and write this my eyes are burning from chlorine coming up from the vents, no joke and the air vent/air conditioner in here is making SO much noise I can barely hear our TV. (the TV is a nice size by the way!)
There is a funny smell to the room in general so thankfully, I brought a candle.
I do not want to walk in my bare feet on the carpets (bring flip flops)! :( Sorry for all the complaining but it is what it is and there may be better options out there for people coming to MH and being informed is a good thing!
I was happy to find out that I was staying in "the nicest hotel in Medicine Hat" but my husband has been eying the Holiday Inn Express from our window across the highway and wishes his company had booked us there! Maybe next time... I hope I can get through the next 3 days here!
Will be happy to update this review if needed...

Room Tip: 4th floor for jetted tubs
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank islandhopper72
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us at the Medicine Hat Lodge. I appreciate all the feedback you left for our review, and I would like to speak with you further in regards to some of your concerns. If you can please contact me at your earliest convenience.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The suite upgrade is well worth the money. It is out of the noise, moisture from the pool and away from pet friendly rooms. We went to family sports tournament. Everyone in the side wing loved the hotel, those who didn't were not happy.

The prices of food and drinks were excellent. The quality was reasonable.

Room Tip: Book a suite off the main area. For the money it is an excellent upgrade. You really want to be out...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Doughkat
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Medicine Hat Lodge, I greatly appreciate all the feedback we get from our guests. I am glad you enjoyed the South Tower suites, those rooms provide such a great living space for families to stay and be comfortable. Please feel free to contact me with any further comments.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Loved this hotel, my teens had a great time in the 'water park'. We only stayed overnight, as we were passing through Medicine Hat, but it was worth it. The room came with a 'continental breakfast' and you can upgrade for 2.99.

Room Tip: For a quieter room, ask for one on the outside of the hotel, rather than facing the waterpark.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay at the Medicine Hat Lodge. I'm glad that your family enjoyed the hotel and had fun in the waterpark. Again thank you for the compliments and we look forward to seeing you again.

Medicine Hat, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

The rooms are a bit expensive but clean and very family oriented. Water slides are great, but quite crowded at most times other than early morning. The movie in the lobby is a cool idea. Casino is nice, with friendly staff. Overall good experience, but could be priced more economically as the same kind of place in Calgary would be cheaper.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are great for families
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Medicine Hat Lodge. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and had a good time in the pool area. The movie night is always a fun time at the hotel, it is great to hear that our guests are enjoying it. Again thank you for taking the time to post a review and I will pass along your positive comments to the Casino and our staff.

Strathmore, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

My friend and I stayed here with our 8 and 5 year old daughters for one night. The weather was terrible, causing a ringette team and two busloads of cheerleaders to be stranded and all checking in at the same time. The front desk staff brought us to the side of the check in counter and helped us first as we had already booked our room, thank goodness! There were at least 100 people waiting to check in!

We got a poolside room on the bottom floor, which was great as we could watch our girls swim while we enjoyed some drinks.

The only thing that was bothersome was how crowded the pool area was, which really has nothing to do with the hotel. Our patio chairs were taken by some people who just helped themselves and there were about twenty people gathered on the patio next to us, which made it difficult to see our girls in the pool. Despite the crowds, there were always dry towels for everyone and it still seemed safe for swimming/sliding.

Some people started yelling and screaming and jumping in the pool at about 11pm, even though the pool closed at 9pm. The front desk staff took care of it right away.

Breakfast was pretty good, although the restaurant staff did not seem very friendly and they did not communicate the "rules" of the complimentary continental breakfast, we had to ask. Apparently, the items with a "red sign" are not included in the free breakfast, which is fine, just make sure you dont take items from there, or you will gave to "upgrade" your breakfast. There is a lot to choose from for the free breakfast: fruit, toast, muffins, danish, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, etc. The service was basically non-existant. We had no forks on our table and we sat at our table for over 10 minutes with the waitress passing by us about 40 times without even a hello. We ended up taking forks off of a nearby table...sorry!

The room was pretty basic, but clean and served our purpose very well.

I would probably stay here again if I were ever to be in the Medicine Hat area again.

Room Tip: Bottom floor, poolside, if you have little ones!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
medicinehatlodge, Front Desk Shift Supervisor at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay with us at the Medicine Hat Lodge. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our poolside rooms that we have to offer. They are very nice for the swimmers of the family, as well as for guest who would just like to sit back and relax while watching others swim. I apologize your breakfast experience wasn’t as pleasant as it should have been , but thank you for bringing it to our attention so that we can work on some of these issues and allow it to be a more enjoyable experience for your next stay. We are grateful for your comments as they allow us to improve and grow as a hotel. We look forward to see you again in the future!
Amy Webber