My friend and I stayed here with our 8 and 5 year old daughters for one night. The weather was terrible, causing a ringette team and two busloads of cheerleaders to be stranded and all checking in at the same time. The front desk staff brought us to the side of the check in counter and helped us first as we had already booked our room, thank goodness! There were at least 100 people waiting to check in!
We got a poolside room on the bottom floor, which was great as we could watch our girls swim while we enjoyed some drinks.
The only thing that was bothersome was how crowded the pool area was, which really has nothing to do with the hotel. Our patio chairs were taken by some people who just helped themselves and there were about twenty people gathered on the patio next to us, which made it difficult to see our girls in the pool. Despite the crowds, there were always dry towels for everyone and it still seemed safe for swimming/sliding.
Some people started yelling and screaming and jumping in the pool at about 11pm, even though the pool closed at 9pm. The front desk staff took care of it right away.
Breakfast was pretty good, although the restaurant staff did not seem very friendly and they did not communicate the "rules" of the complimentary continental breakfast, we had to ask. Apparently, the items with a "red sign" are not included in the free breakfast, which is fine, just make sure you dont take items from there, or you will gave to "upgrade" your breakfast. There is a lot to choose from for the free breakfast: fruit, toast, muffins, danish, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, etc. The service was basically non-existant. We had no forks on our table and we sat at our table for over 10 minutes with the waitress passing by us about 40 times without even a hello. We ended up taking forks off of a nearby table...sorry!
The room was pretty basic, but clean and served our purpose very well.
I would probably stay here again if I were ever to be in the Medicine Hat area again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa is southern Alberta's only four star resort and largest entertainment complex. We are proud to offer a variety of amenities including guest rooms and luxury suites, banquet & meeting facilities, a buffet restaurant, lounges, fine dining, giant indoor water slide park, exercise facility, one of Canada's top spas, a full service casino and so much more! We have something for everyone, all under one roof! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino And Spa
- Medicine Hat Lodge Hotel Medicine Hat
- Medicine Hat Hotel
- Medicine Hat Resort
- Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa Alberta