$94
$102
$98
Agoda.com
$95
Ace Crown Motel(Medicine Hat)
$65
$46
All reviewswater slidespoolside roomkiddie poolbreakfast buffethot tubfront desk staffchecking inhockey tournamentsausagewaterslidessteakhouseelementspaigewaterparkconventionmoviesupper
Reviewed January 24, 2013

On a previous visit we were severally disappointed with a variety of issues. Believing that things can get better we booked one more time, mostly because of our kids insistence on the water slides.
Well much to my chagrin things hadn't improved at all. The counter staff was pleasant but not all that welcoming. When we entered our room it was freezing and took quite some time to heat it up.
The pool area wasn't much better, quite cool, leaving myself and kids with "goose pimples" every time we got out of the water to hit the slides. Sadly the next day, a Monday morning, we thought a few more times down the slides could be achieved, but they were closed for maintenance which led to a couple of frustrated kids.
The room was well made up, though one of the wall lights feel on my wife's head and onto the floor, while the other light couldn't be remotely turned off, due to a missing switch.
All in all it was a disappointing stay, we did receive a discount for our stay which eased our disappointment but would just like to see some serious improvements and upgrades take place.

Room Tip: Do not pick an outer room, the windows are drafty and cold.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
medicinehatlodge, Front Office Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was not positive and I do apologize for the inconvenience. I will certainly address the issues with our team. Please feel free to contact me with any additional comments. Again your feedback is very important to us and we will certainly use your comments as a opportunity to improve our service delivery.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

The non- smoking wing smells like smoke

The breakfast restaurant and room service don't open until 7am, which is far too late for those travelling for business. I ordered room service, asked to arrive at 7am, but never came by the time I had to leave for work at 8 am!

I'll look to one of the chain hotels suited to business travel, next time.

• Stayed: January 2013
medicinehatlodge, Front Office Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry you did not receive your room service at the proper time, and I assure you that this is incident was brought to the attention of the restaurant manager. I do hope that you decide and stay with us again, as we do have the dining option at the Jungle Café, open Monday-Friday from 6:30am-10:30am for breakfast for the convenience of our business travelers.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

just had the evening buffet at in the jungle cafe. it was fantastic! possibly and most likely the best buffet I've ever had and I've been to a lot! great service and great food. and to the waitress who was serving the very difficult table of 3

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about the Jungle Cafe. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the buffet and the service provided. We look forward to your next visit to the hotel.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We have stayed at the Lodge many times as it is the halfway point on a 10hour drive to visit family. We have always enjoyed the waterslides and the pool and slides are great for our 4 yr old to burn off all the energy from being stuck in the car. When we checked in the staff was pleasant and helpful, but when we walked into our room we were stunned to find a blanket of pet hair on the floor! It had obviously no been vacuumed from the last guests. My husband is allergic, so we called front desk and they were kind enough to upgrade us to a king suite. On the surface the suite was very nice, and it was super clean. But the shower didn't drain, the taps leaked terribly and the toilet was not secureley fastened to the floor and wiggled every time my daughter or I used it. I was informed that all the non upgraded queen rooms were now pet friendly, but this was no where on our reservation confirmation. We are planning to return on the 1st of jan, but will now have to pay extra for our room. Not a very nice holiday surprise. But the staff were courteous, and the room was clean and the pools are so great for kids that I would still recommend the Lodge.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for writing a review for your recent stay at the Medicine Hat Lodge. First off I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. Please rest assured that this incident is not a reflection of the quality of service upon which we have built our reputation. I am glad you liked the suite and I have addressed the maintenance issues with their manager. Again thank you for the positive feedback about our staff and pool area, and when booking again please contact me directly.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The lodge had become our yearly family outing and this year was poor and disappointing to say the least. We checked into adjoining rooms that were looking out over the parking lot on the top floor and there was a constant noise of something running and wind noise through the vents on the roof. The rooms were old and outdated and the carpet was not vaccumed well you could see bits and pieces all over the carpet. The second night we had moved because we wanted the pool view so we could watch the kids and the room again was not vaccumed well..but it was also dirty..the bathroom was gross..there was pee stains under the sink (we were now in pet rooms) and the grout in the tub was starting to blacken or mould..the bathroom itself was dirty..and the room smelled. The beds were atrocious and hard and the pillows were old foam that were now breaking up and in chunks. Horrible! The whole floor on the second floor smelled of wet dog. There was no water in the water cooler in the work out room for both days..despite asking for it to be refilled...the game machines by the pool were filthy..the cement surrounding the pool is discusting and needs to be cleaned with a scrubber to bring it back. My brother smacked his head on a rod by the waterslide and we told the pool guy that a fake tree needs to be there to keep people from doing that and he just shrugged his shoulders..(there was fake trees all over) we complained to the front desk upon checkout what we found in the rooms(oh yeah and the pullout couch the second night was broke so that my daughter couldnt sleep on it properly..her head would have been on the floor) and the front desk didnt even give me any money off or anything. Its no longer our yearly place. We are finding somewhere else to go. Too bad..and the waterslide is in poor shape as well..really needs updating. Smells. Go somewhere else unless you are desperate.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Debwhite1967
medicinehatlodge, Front Office Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Medicine Hat Lodge. We appreciate the time you took to give us feedback on our services & amenities. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay and I assure you that the rooms you occupied was not up to our hotel standards and I have taken all the maintenance and housekeeping concerns to the appropriate managers. I would like for you to contact me so we can discuss your stay, and again I would like to apologize for the problems during your and hope you will come back to stay with us, so you can experience our expected hotel standards.