$129
$83
$105
$74
$65
Satellite Motel(Medicine Hat)(Great Value!)
$68
$57
Ace Crown Motel(Medicine Hat)
$65
$46
Hotels.com
$91
Orbitz.com
All reviewswater slidespoolside roomkiddie poolbreakfast buffethot tubfront desk staffchecking inhockey tournamentsausagewaterslidessteakhouseelementspaigewaterparkconventionmoviesupper
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while en-route back to Calgary after a meeting in Regina. I have stayed here numerous times in the past since I am a Loyalty Express member which entitles me to a room rate of $109/night (which is cheap for most places in Medicine Hat). Amenities are good, and include free parking and wireless internet, pool, hot tub, and waterslides. Room services from the restaurant is okay and reasonably priced. The rooms are nice and spacious. My only problem, which seems to be a continuing problem, is the lack of a proper thermostat in the rooms to control the temperature. Currently, it is an older model system with just a dial and buttons, meaning it is usually either really hot or really cold. If the hotel would make this one change it would greatly increase the comfort of their guests. Despite this, I would still recommend this hotel for both families and business travelers.

Room Tip: The upgraded rooms are nice, but are mainly just new furnishings. If you are okay with traditional hotel furnishings, the regular rooms are just as good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
medicinehatlodge, Front Office Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you for being a loyal customer to us and I truly appreciate your feedback. I have taken your concerns to our maintenance manager and we are looking into options of how to fix the temperature concern. We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in Medicine Hat.
Regards,
Jennifer LaDouceur
jladouceur@medhatlodge.com

Reviewed December 8, 2012

We recently stayed at the Medicine Hat Lodge for a little family getaway. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn but decided to try the Lodge. After reading reviews on this site I was sure to ask for a renovated room. Out room was nice and spacious and although renovated they skipped things like the tub/shower which could use and update, but all in all it was just fine for us. Our first nights stay(weeknight) was good check in went smoothly friendly front desk attendant, got to our room which was nice and clean we enjoyed the water park that night which was not to busy. The next morning we went for our complimentary breakfast which was AWFUL! We upgraded to the hot breakfast for the extra $2 not worth it, food had no taste and didn't even look tasty. Needless to say the next morning we went over to McDonalds. The Second night we returned from a long day of shopping to find our towels were replaced but our beds were NOT made and they didnt replace our kleenex or other simple things. I informed the front desk that night and she simply said she would leave a note for the housekeeping manager. When we checked out the next morning it was quiet there was 2 girls working and when we checked out neither asked how our stay was, said Thank-you , have a good day........NOTHING!! Seemed like they were too busy visiting amoung themselves. The waterpark is outdated but my kids loved it. The first night we were there it was fairly quiet. The second night was a different story, it was crazy busy which we expected because it was the weekend. I was not upset it was busy, but there was no pool attendant. There were kids everywhere many not supervised by parents, there were groups of 5 teenagers coming down the slide at once and kids running into each other on the slides. The mens bathroom was a mess towels thrown everywhere. It definatly needed an attendant to keep things under control and clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, rooms faceing the pool are very loud!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review the Medicine Hat Lodge. I would first off like to apologize for the inconvience you had during your stay. The comments you made in regards to the breakfast buffet have been brought to the attention of the hotel chef, and will be dealt with accordingly. Please know that you did not receive the quality of service that we expect from our front desk staff, and I have spoken with all members of the front office team to ensure we avoid a similar situation. We would like to invite you back as our guest, so we can be sure you receive the quality of service you deserve. Please feel free to contact me directly when you decide to book.
Regards,
Jennifer LaDouceur
Front Desk Manager
jladouceur@medhatlodge.com

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I decided to try the Lodge during a recent business trip to Medicine Hat. Check in was easy (even though I had no reservations) and pricing was fair. I was on the top (4th) floor in a king room. You could tell the hotel was older, but they do keep it quite clean. Rooms were a mix-mash of older furniture but with new-ish flatscreen TVs. The bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom was very dark with only a row of very low wattage bulbs above the mirror which made it poorly let, especially when in the shower. The plug in for the coffee machine on the make-up vanity didn't work (felt loose and worn out) so I had to move the coffee maker to the washroom. The window sealed very poorly and allowed parking lot/street noise into the room. All in all though, it was about 3-1/2 out of 5 stars. I walked around the casino but if you want to play anything electronic other than slots you seem to be out of luck. No computerized poker, blackjack, etc. I will probably stay once again but request a renovated room. Front desk staff was friendly and nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Medicine Hat Lodge. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience during your stay her with us and that you found our staf to be friendly and efficient. In regards to the plug in that was not working, I would appreciate if you could contact us and let us know what room you stayed in so that we may avoid a similar situation in the future.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your next stay here with us!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very impressed with our king size room that had been renovated recently. Excellent value. I forgot some items in the room and the housekeeping staff responded to my email quickly and sent them out promptly. Location of hotel is great - right across from the mall and walking distance to many restaurants. We didn't use the pool/spa/waterslide but the children in our group loved it. The hotel staff were all very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank parapoo
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Medicine Hat Lodge. Its great to hear that you enjoyed our recently rennovated rooms and that your children enjoyed our waterpark. I am glad that our housekeeping staff was very prompt with getting your belongings back to you. We look forward to your next vist with us!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

They are renovating their rooms. And the updates are great! I forgot my necklace on my night stand and the Guest manager (Helena) was very prompt in finding it for me and making sure it was returned to me. Thank you. The waterslides were once again a huge hit for my children. We have been going every thanksgiving and they are starting to enjoy this tradition.

Room Tip: there are two queen beds or a king bed w/ pull out sofa bed that are along the poolside. we loved this option
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for your recent review about the Medicine Hat Lodge. It is fantastic to hear that your recent stay with us was pleasurable and enjoyable. I'm glad that your necklace was returned to you so promptly and we will be sure that our Guest Services Manager knows how thankful you were. We look forward to your annual thanksgiving trip next year!