$72
$95
$95
Satellite Motel(Medicine Hat)
TripAdvisor
Ace Crown Motel(Medicine Hat)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswater slidespoolside roomkiddie poolbreakfast buffethot tubfront desk staffchecking inhockey tournamentsausagewaterslidessteakhouseelementspaigewaterparkconventionmoviesupper
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Really nice updated rooms. Friendly staff that were willing to go the extra mile. A great rate for a nice stay.

The food however is another story. The first evening I ordered and paid for room service. Fish and Chips were burnt and the Cheeseburger tasted freezer burnt. We tried the buffet breakfast Saturday, the scrambled eggs had a terrible flavour..almost of powdered watery eggs. I ordered eggs benedict and the breakfast wrap the next day for breakfast. The breakfast wrap grill marks were more burnt than grilled and the eggs benedict tasted horrible. The hotel gives vouchers for food when you stay there, but they are definitely not worth using.

I would stay here again, but just bring my own food next time ( there are fridges in the rooms) or eat out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for writing a review of the Medicine Hat Lodge. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to review your recent stay here with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a pleasant experience with our staff. It's always nice to hear that our staff have gone above and beyond to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable stay.

I am very sorry though to hear that your experience in our restaurant was not as enjoyable as it should have been. I have passed along your comments and concerns to our Food and Beverage Manager who will look into this so that we might avoid a similar situation in the future. I can assure you that your experience is not a reflection of the quality of food and service upon which we have built our repuatiation.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please contact myself or our Front Desk Manager Shawn directly the next time you decide to book your stay with us.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I recently stayed here on business for 2 nights. The hotel is located in a great area close to lots of restaurants and shopping. Very close to the airport which is great. The hotel is in major need of an update on the decor side of things. Over all the facility is pretty clean and very spacious. Pool area is great however the slides look like they have had better days. Perhaps a coat of paint would help. Free parking, food discount coupons and great service were all big pluses.

A BIG Negative - I travel a lot and I have to mention the lack of security in the rooms. It is very unusual for a hotel room not to have a swingbar door lock as well as the swipe card access lock. This hotel does not have this. I was traveling by myself and did not feel comfortable with this missing security feature. it is a very inexpensive fix that should be considered in an upgrade.

Room Service - I ordered dinner one night and breakfast one morning. The steak sandwich on foccacia is superb. Fantastic meal. On the other side I ordered the eggs benedict for breakfast and it was probably the worst room service I have ever had. The hollandaise sauce was runny and tasted like it was prepared from a package of dried powder with water added. The potatoes on the side were extremely salty. I would also share that they have no idea about plate/tray presentation. I received no spoon to stir my coffee and they simply placed the plate and some cutlery on the tray, no condiments or even a napkin to make it a little more appetizing. A drastic difference from evening to the morning.

Maintenance - I had two issues with my room 1. The remote/TV stopped working 2. The bedside lights wouldn't turn on. When I called to ask that someone come up to help they sent someone within twently minutes. He fixed both issues immediately and was very kind. Note: apparantly in this hotel you can not plug two plugs in to the outlet for some reason......odd.

Overall - Not bad, not great...just average.

Room Tip: If you have kids you may want to have a room that overlooks the pool area. The best rooms for this are on the ground floor as the rooms have a sitting area right outside the patio and you can walk straight out and enjoy the pool and slides. I saw some families having a picnic and playing right outside of their room. Very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to Review the Medicine Hat Lodge about your recent experience here with us. We always value the ideas and suggestions from our guests so that we may continue to grow and improve.

In regards to the concern about the lack of security in the rooms, they are actually quite secure. Our doors do not accomodate the swing bar lock, so in its place, we have a dead bolt lock. While the door is deadbolted no key cards will work in the door. Not even our staff can access the rooms with that lock on. Hopefully now you will have some peace of mind the next time you stay with us.

With the concerns of the room service in the morning, I have forwarded the Restaurant Manager a copy of those concerns so that he might be able to deal with the issue to avoid a similar experience in the furture.

I am glad that you had a pleasant experience with our maintenance staff and will be sure to inform them that you appreciated the service. I am not sure why the the outlets won't allow you to plug in both plugs at the same time- if you could please contact me in regards to which room this was so I can look into that issue I would greatly appreaciate that.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please contact myself or our front desk manager Shawn the next time you decide to book with us.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Room was a bit dated but basically clean. Pool had a huge waterslide which the kids loved. Even though it contained a casino and essentially a mall, the rooms were very quiet. We ordered in room service. Food was not great at all. Kids ordered breakfast (for dinner) and that was good but my husband and I ordered pasta which was very so-so.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at Medicine Hat Lodge. I was glad to hear that your family enjoyed the waterpark. We are a very family oriented facility so it is always great to hear about the enjoyment the families recieve from the hotel.

In regards to the experience in the restaurant, I have passed along the comments to our restaurant manager who will look into this.

Again thank you for reviewing our hotel. Please contact myself or our front desk Manager Shawn the next time you decide to book a stay with us.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was the first time we stayed at the the property. We showed up in MH at 10:30 and it was attractive from the highway so we stopped.

Well done family hotel. Good pool area, excellent waterslides, breakfast was typical, but good and fresh.

Casino attached was a nice surprise.

Great photo op on the 'big chairs'

Staff was personable and well trained. Upon departure we left an iPad behind and the Guest Services Manager' and I'm sure others, went out of their way to make sure it caught up with the family in Jasper. Amazing after-stay service. So appreciated.

Nice rooms, great value, we stayed on a Stay N Play and with breakfast vouchers, casino vouchers and everything above, it was a great surprise for the first night of a vacation.

Well done.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about the Medicine Hat Lodge. I am glad to hear that your first stay with us was very enjoyable. It's great to see that our staff exceeded your expectations and went above and beyond to recover your Ipad for you. I will be sure to pass along this wonderful review to our staff.

Please Contact myself or the front desk manager Shawn directly the next time you decide to book. We very much look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My sister and I stayed 2 nights for a convention. From check-in to check-out, and all points in between, we received friendly and courteous service. The carpets were a little faded in the public areas, which is not surprising, with the water slide and pools smack dab in the middle of the hotel. However, the room was very nice, with all of the amenities one could wish for. Our only complaint was the poor lighting in the bathroom. It would have been nice to have one mirror lit brightly for makeup application.

Room Tip: The outside rooms are quietest. We were on the ground floor, which was handy to the parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Medicine Hat Lodge about your recent stay and experience with the convention facilities. It was a pleasure to read about your experience!
I was pleased to read that you had such a pleasant experience with all of our staff. I will ensure that all managers can read your review and we can pass it along to our staff members. It is always good to know that your hard work does not go unappreciated.

As far as the lighting in the bathroom, I will be sure to pass that suggestion on to our maintenance manager and see if there is possibly anything that can be done to improve the lighting.

We hope you will be staying with us again in the near future. Please contact me or our front desk manager Shawn directly when you decide to book your next stay. Again, thank you for your review.

Sincerely;