$94
$73
$68
$72
$62
Baymont by Wyndham Medicine Hat(Medicine Hat)(Great Value!)
$68
$95
$72
$63
$102
$98
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

$95
All reviewswater slidespoolside roomkiddie poolbreakfast buffethot tubfront desk staffchecking inhockey tournamentsausagewaterslidessteakhouseelementspaigewaterparkconventionmoviesupper
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My sister and I stayed 2 nights for a convention. From check-in to check-out, and all points in between, we received friendly and courteous service. The carpets were a little faded in the public areas, which is not surprising, with the water slide and pools smack dab in the middle of the hotel. However, the room was very nice, with all of the amenities one could wish for. Our only complaint was the poor lighting in the bathroom. It would have been nice to have one mirror lit brightly for makeup application.

Room Tip: The outside rooms are quietest. We were on the ground floor, which was handy to the parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
medicinehatlodge, Guest Services Coordinator at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Medicine Hat Lodge about your recent stay and experience with the convention facilities. It was a pleasure to read about your experience!
I was pleased to read that you had such a pleasant experience with all of our staff. I will ensure that all managers can read your review and we can pass it along to our staff members. It is always good to know that your hard work does not go unappreciated.

As far as the lighting in the bathroom, I will be sure to pass that suggestion on to our maintenance manager and see if there is possibly anything that can be done to improve the lighting.

We hope you will be staying with us again in the near future. Please contact me or our front desk manager Shawn directly when you decide to book your next stay. Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as I was returning from a doctor's appointment in Saskatchewan. I usually stay here on my way back to Calgary. The hotel somehow lost my reservation, but made it up to me by booking me into a jacuzzi room. With my Rewards Club status, I only paid $109/night. The room was nice and the jacuzzi relaxing. However, the hotel has still not put thermostats in the rooms - something that needs to be done since their current system doesn't work very well. The room service was good and tasty. Internet was free and had fairly good coverage. Overall, this is a good place to stay while in Medicine Hat, and I would recommend it for both business travelers and families.

Room Tip: Third and fourth floor rooms have been renovated and upgraded, however the non-upgraded rooms are nice as well.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review the Medicine Hat Lodge. It was a pleasure to read about your enjoyable stay!

I do apologize that we had been unable to find the original reservation. Unfortunately it can sometimes be difficult to recover a reservation if the name is misspelled or the reservation was mistakenly made for the incorrect dates. I am glad though to hear that the front desk agents dealt with this situation in a manner that was satisfactory to you.

In regards to the issue about the thermostats, I will certainly pass this concern onto our maintenance manager and see if there is anything that can be done about that.

We look forward to your visit again in the near future. Please contact me or our front desk manager Shawn directly when you decide to book your next stay. Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were stopping over for a wedding in Medicine Hat and chose the Lodge on local recommendation for 3 nights. The hotel is really family orientated with pool, slides etc. No quiet "snug" lounge for a drink, but this was the only downside we could see. Price is a bit high, but then we did travel in high season. Room, staff, etc were well up to expectation. A small hint with a smile, please renew or deep clean the carpet in reception lobby and open area as this would make a real difference to smarten it up!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Medicine Hat Lodge and your recent stay. It’s great to see such a positive review.

I am glad that you enjoyed our staff and the facilities. In regards to the “snug” lounge you were speaking of, we do have 2 lounges in the hotel. I’m not sure which one you checked out, but the Fountain Lounge located directly across from the front desk does tend to have more of a cozy and quiet feeling while Elements Lounge, which is located next to the casino, is an entertainment lounge and doesn’t have that same cozy feeling as the Fountain Lounge does. Something to maybe check out the next time you are here.

Please contact me or our front desk manager Shawn directly the next time you decide to visit. And again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We chose this hotel for three reasons.
1. Highly rated on TripAdvisor
2. Waterslide
3. Included breakfast

For years we have driven by this hotel thinking nothing of it. This is Medicine Hat. It's just an expensive motor lodge. Boy were we wrong.

As soon as we stepped into the hotel we say children frolicking everywhere. They were setting up a free movie with free popcorn in the huge garden area of the lobby. We glanced at the rumored waterslide and were shocked. There were two waterslides with the higher of the two being over 4 stories high! Rooms had balconies overlooking what I'm going to rename "the waterpark"

Checking into the hotel was extremely quick (which was good as the waterslide was closing in a half hour). The room was clean (and a little cool with the AC running). We immediately change and rushed to the slides. The slides were amazing. There were as fast and wild as you can make a standard waterslide without actually causing bodily harm. The pools were really warm (probably 85 degrees). The pools were only cruise ship sized, and with the popularity of the pools it was a bit of a zoo. We were a bit worried about the noise, but when the pool closed, it closed hard. Everyone was out and it was silent in our room.

The rooms were clean, the beds were perfect. The bathroom was the right size. The pool kinda eclipsed the room so I don't have a bunch of analysis.

With our booking we go a credit for the continental breakfast. As we went downstairs we saw that the breakfast was our, right where the movie was playing the night before, but a velvet rope kept us from just walking up. We soon found a extensive line to get a table. If I have one complaint, it was the length of the line. Anyways, we got to our table and were informed that we were covered for the continental breakfast, but we could upgrade to the hot breakfast to $3.14 more. We had been eating like pigs for a week, so we stuck with the continental breakfast. The breakfast itself was nothing stupendous, but there was fruits and sticky rolls, so it was certainly more than minimum.

If you have kids, I 100% suggest this hotel. If you are not interested in the pool, get an outside room. If you hate kids, you may want to go elsewhere; the place is like a kids playground.

Room Tip: Rooms that have a pool balcony will be as loud as a theme park during the day, but they closing time for the pool is hard set. It is silent in the room at night. Rooms that look out at the outside world are fine. This area of Medicine Hat is not the most beautiful.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review about the Medicine Hat Lodge. What a pleasure it is to be compared to Disney! I have passed on your wonderful comments to each of our department’s managers so that they may present it to their staff members.

Please contact me or our front desk manager Shawn directly the next time you decide to visit. We would definitely like to thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We spent a Thursday night and a Sunday night here on our way to and from Sask. We will definately stay here again. All the staff is VERY friendly - front desk,lounge casino and housekeeping. The waterslides and pool looked fun although we didn't use them. The food in the lounge is excellent and well priced.The rooms are nicely appointed with a fridge. The only small complaint I would have is the lighting is rather poor in the bathroom and the dressing area. Overall a great place and priced within reason of comparable venues.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Shawn-MHL, Guest Relations Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for your recent review about the Medicine Hat Lodge. We apprecite the time you took to review our hotel. I am glad to hear you were very satisfied with your recent stays. I will be sure all departments are aware of the great service that they provided to you.

Thank you also for your comment on the lighting. I will bring that concern up to our Maintenance Manager to see if there is anything that can be done about that.

Again thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Rae-Ann Dillman