We chose this hotel for three reasons.
1. Highly rated on TripAdvisor
3. Included breakfast
For years we have driven by this hotel thinking nothing of it. This is Medicine Hat. It's just an expensive motor lodge. Boy were we wrong.
As soon as we stepped into the hotel we say children frolicking everywhere. They were setting up a free movie with free popcorn in the huge garden area of the lobby. We glanced at the rumored waterslide and were shocked. There were two waterslides with the higher of the two being over 4 stories high! Rooms had balconies overlooking what I'm going to rename "the waterpark"
Checking into the hotel was extremely quick (which was good as the waterslide was closing in a half hour). The room was clean (and a little cool with the AC running). We immediately change and rushed to the slides. The slides were amazing. There were as fast and wild as you can make a standard waterslide without actually causing bodily harm. The pools were really warm (probably 85 degrees). The pools were only cruise ship sized, and with the popularity of the pools it was a bit of a zoo. We were a bit worried about the noise, but when the pool closed, it closed hard. Everyone was out and it was silent in our room.
The rooms were clean, the beds were perfect. The bathroom was the right size. The pool kinda eclipsed the room so I don't have a bunch of analysis.
With our booking we go a credit for the continental breakfast. As we went downstairs we saw that the breakfast was our, right where the movie was playing the night before, but a velvet rope kept us from just walking up. We soon found a extensive line to get a table. If I have one complaint, it was the length of the line. Anyways, we got to our table and were informed that we were covered for the continental breakfast, but we could upgrade to the hot breakfast to $3.14 more. We had been eating like pigs for a week, so we stuck with the continental breakfast. The breakfast itself was nothing stupendous, but there was fruits and sticky rolls, so it was certainly more than minimum.
If you have kids, I 100% suggest this hotel. If you are not interested in the pool, get an outside room. If you hate kids, you may want to go elsewhere; the place is like a kids playground.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa is southern Alberta's only four star resort and largest entertainment complex. We are proud to offer a variety of amenities including guest rooms and luxury suites, banquet & meeting facilities, a buffet restaurant, lounges, fine dining, giant indoor water slide park, exercise facility, one of Canada's top spas, a full service casino and so much more! We have something for everyone, all under one roof! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino And Spa
- Medicine Hat Lodge Hotel Medicine Hat
- Medicine Hat Hotel
- Medicine Hat Resort
- Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa Alberta