$97
$61
$68
$104
$83
Ace Crown Motel(Medicine Hat)
$65
$74
$64
Hotels.com
Satellite Motel(Medicine Hat)(Great Value!)
$68
$56
Agoda.com
$90
Priceline
All reviewswater slidespoolside roomkiddie poolbreakfast buffethot tubfront desk staffchecking inhockey tournamentsausagewaterslidessteakhouseelementspaigewaterparkconventionmoviesupper
Reviewed May 12, 2012

This hotel has seen better days and it shows in pretty much everything, from service to cleanliness, to food quality, it's disappointing that management has let it go this far down. The watersides are always a bonus fr the kids, unfortunately, the hotel was so full that it was even hard to feel comfortable in the pool area. I wouldn't recommend this hotel and I will definitely be looking somewhere else for our next trip to The Hat.

Room Tip: If you have kids and they enjoy swimming, it's always a perk to have a pool-facing rom, specially in the main floor since that way you can even watch them in the comfort of your "private" patio.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nanbello
Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

I was there a few weeks ago with a friend with the hopes of purchasing some gift certificates when I was told to go downstairs I went to find a lady sitting at the desk on the right (short dark hair with glasses) not even acknowledging my presence looked very annoyed with her life and not wanting to be there. I didn't get a "hi" or even asked what I needed. Safe to say I will never be back and my business has gone. Like I said before if you don't like your job get a new one!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed here as part of kids hockey tournament. Rooms clean, beds comfy enough for a few nights though not resort standard by any stretch of the imagination. Bathrooms very dated as is the lobby area. Having said that though the place seemed clean enough which is the most important aspect this day in age. The pool/waterslide area is the biggest draw and is a lot of fun. Some differed maintenance and upgrading to the slide area could be hazardous in the future (tiling, wobbly slide etc) but I'm sure they're on top of upgrading. Don't get a room on the inside of pool area as it is incredibly noisy and easy enough to just walk down the hall and take elevator. Security guards at night keep noise level down which is good but grungy gambling addicts and street people hand out in common lobby area of hotel and casino so just be aware with your kids around. Hotel staff also set up big screen projector for 'movie nights' in lobby. Buffet food is horrible despite the nice looking set-up. As is the food in the adjoining diner -I would go out for breakfast.

Room Tip: stay away from 'inside'/pool adjoining rooms unless you want it VERY noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2012

For being one of the "better" hotels in the city, our stay here really was not what we expected. The main floor room was mediocre At best and the alk around service was horrible.
Our air conditioner wouldn't turn off making the room incredibly cold. I was met with attitude and "augh, i need to check with housekeeping" when asking for a late check out (which we could not get.)
The hot buffet was quite poor. Tasteless and cold. Not to mention the servers who didn't even say hello. After a 10 minute wait, I finally got up to ask for coffee & silverware, only to find our table cleared off when returning from the buffett with our food.
Not a single, hello, how are you, how's the food, how's the stay. In fact, the only greeting we ever rcv'd was from housekeeping as we walked down the hall.
Inconsideration, rudeness, and bad attitudes at a pretty average hotel. Worth the money if you don't have any expectations.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Admk
Tamara d, Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

I apologize for your recent stay , we are always looking for feedback on how to better our services and accomodations for our guests. We have recently gone over "best practices" throughout our hotel and feel that customer service is one of the most important things that a hotel can have. We will be sure to investiagate all of these matters that you have concerns with encourage your feedback at any time and ensure that it will not happen again. We work hard everyday to have repeat business and without your feedback we cannot fix anything.
Thank you so much again for your feedback and we have started working on our airconditioners and service throughout the hotel, so I hope to see you soon to show how we can be the better hotel in Medicine Hat

Reviewed April 12, 2012

My family and I had a great time at the Lodge Easter weekend. We had a blast at the pool and the kids loved the water slides. Very friendly staff, special thanks to Helena for her extra help. We will be back again soon!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family