$108
$83
$91
$74
$65
Ace Crown Motel(Medicine Hat)
$65
$46
Hotels.com
Satellite Motel(Medicine Hat)(Great Value!)
$68
$56
All reviewswater slidespoolside roomkiddie poolbreakfast buffethot tubfront desk staffchecking inhockey tournamentsausagewaterslidessteakhouseelementspaigewaterparkconventionmoviesupper
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Ive stayed here twice. The rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable, and a tv in the bathroom is over the top... The gym leaves a bit to e desired, however I did get a great workout in running up stairs to the 3 and 5 story tall water slides. Plenty of restaurants, and shopping across the street.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank nehamiah1jones
Reviewed February 5, 2012

First, I was amazed by the room. The recent renovations made all feel new. Looked like all enjoyed the pool who used it. Food was a 2.5/5, not the sort of quality you expect given what seemed like a well rounded and creative menu. My major complaint was dirty dishes in the hall for more than 48 hours. Makes you think what else is missed that is of greater import.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Simballa
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This has been our second visit to the lodge and this was our family Christmas getaway. Very disappointing that the pools were so cold as to be unusable (again). We had a gift certificate and upgraded the room so my 7 year old could complain that he could feel the springs in the bed. The 5 year old slept on the hide-a-bed which was infinitely worse. For nearly $200 a night save it and go to Vegas or at least the Comfort Inn across the street.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Familyof4_2Boys2014
Shawn-MHL, Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Thank you for your recent review on January 5, 2012 with respects to your stay at the Medicine Hat Lodge. We appreciate the time our guests take to review our Hotel so that we may continue to grow and improve upon our services.

I deeply regret that your stay was not satisfactory. Our maintenance staff members have been closely monitoring the pool temperatures so that we may avoid similar situations and concerns in the future. It is important to us that all guests using the pool area are finding the experience to be both comfortable and enjoyable.

In regards to the discomfort that your son felt due to the springy bed, I would appreciate if you could contact me directly so we can determine which room that bed was in and take care of it so that other guests don’t encounter the same problem and discomfort in the future.

Again, thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We would like to invite you to come back to stay with us again so we can be sure your next stay with us is of the quality it should have been the first time around. Please feel free to contact me directly when you decide to book again.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

On a recent return visit which is usually our "get-away" spot, we were severely disappointed with our stay. The check-in staff was particualrily melancholy, which isn't unusual. On venturing with the kids to their highlight the pool and waterslides, we found the area and the water so cold, my youngest daughter was blue by the time we left and had to have a bath to warm up. To top that off there were no towels, even when we checked at the desk they said maybe 45 min. but an hour an half later, nothing!
The breakfast buffet was nothing short of sad! When I went to fill the kids plates, the waitress took their drink orders, they are 4 and 2! Needless to say when I came back and the waitress brought my daughter an ice tea for breakfast, I had had enough!
I am afraid our favorite "get-away" spot must become our "get-away-from" spot. And this is only one of the experiences we have had here recently. Why we went back I don't know?
The one bright light was the girl who checked us out, was pleasant and empathetic to our stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Leadera

Thank you for your recent review on January 4, 2012 concerning your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel so that we may continue to grow and improve upon our services.

I would like to first of all apologize for the fact that your stay was not as enjoyable as it has been in the past. We have been working on building a front desk team that is up-beat, friendly and professional so as to make our guests feel as welcome and appreciated as they are. We will be working even harder to improve upon the disposition of our front desk staff.

As for the inconveniences you faced in our pool and restaurant, your comments and concerns have been reviewed with the managers of those departments and have been addressed.

I assure you this situation is in no way a reflection of our usual standards of service. We would like to invite you back again to stay as our guest. Please feel free to contact me directly when you decide to book again so we can take care of you.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

My family decided to meet up around New Years since we couldn't make it together for Christmas - it took 4 tries to check into one room, despite the 4PM check-in time. The second room wasn't ready until nearly 6:30pm - and several additional times waiting in line. When we finally got into the room, they didn't provide all the chits that were part of the "Escape" package (Escape is right - from the hotel!). Eventually that was sorted and we were able to go for supper.

Having a family member with a nut allergy can make it difficult to eat out, the staff was less than helpful with even the cooks/'chef' being completely unaware of exactly what was in the different items. The taste of the supper and breakfast was what I would expect cardboard to taste like - even salt couldn't save the poor food.

Later in the evening they did bring up a couple bottles of wine, and discounted the rooms slightly, although it did little to ease the frustration of not being able to settle in and relax until much later than was planned.

Topping it all off was the food left in the hallway from room service for hours - a plate of nachos (I think - it looked like someone had used the plate as a toilet) and jug of what I can only imagine was beer also sat, despite my pointing it out to the front desk on at least 2 trips to attempt to check in. Eventually it vanished, after many hours (and repeated trips of Bell Boys AND 'cleaning' staff right by the piles [not just one, 2 within the walk from the front desk to our rooms]).

This hotel couldn't even be bothered to find a manager when I asked to speak to one, instead directing me to take the elevator to the basement to 'find' him myself.

The one highlight was leaving the casino with more money than I walked in with - but nothing that would bring me back.

If you're looking for a good family hotel with quality service - this is not the place to stay. If you are looking for a waterslide for the kids, there is another hotel that I've had good experiences at in the past (Medicine Hat Travelodge).

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Les B

Thank you for your recent review on January 1, 2012 regarding the issues you had at the Medicine Hat lodge. We appreciate the time our guests take to review our Hotel so that we may continue to grow and improve upon our services.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you had to endure during your stay with us. During the Holiday season we tend to be busier than usual with a high volume of guests checking out at noon and then again checking back in at 4pm and, although it is no excuse for what you had encountered, it can be difficult at times to honor the 4pm check-in time.
The issues you encountered in the restaurant have been brought to the attention of our restaurant manager and the situation has been dealt with.

Please rest assured this incident is not a reflection of the quality of service upon which we have built our reputation. All staff members involved have been notified of your concerns so that we might avoid a similar situation in the future. We would also like to invite you back again as our guest so we can be sure you receive the quality of service you deserve. Please feel free contact me directly when you do decide to book again.