Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa
$94
$90
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
Days Inn Medicine Hat(Medicine Hat)
$99
$90
Hotels.com
$63
$119
$71
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Satellite Motel(Medicine Hat)(Great Value!)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewswater slidespoolside roomunder one roofbuffet breakfasthot tubgreat for kidsfront desk staffsteam roomchecking inhockey tournamentsausagewaterslideselementssteakhousewaterparkconventionsupper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My family and I live in regina and left a little late for our trip. We needed a place to sleep and thought the lodge would have been a bit pricey but they offered me a rate I couldn't refuse, it included the full buffet in the morning and we didn't have to leave our dog in the car. sasha was very friendly and seemed to know a lot about the hotel and what it had to offer. Large amounts of recommendation!!!

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank Momma12
Evan85, Rooms Division Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

We would like to thank you very much for your spectacular comment. We know that your family vacation often includes your pet, so we’ve set aside a limited amount of rooms as “Pet Friendly” so you do not have to leave your dog in the parking lot. We believe it’s a unique addition to our services. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

I stayed at the Medicine Hat Lodge en-route back from a meeting in Regina. I have stayed here numerous times before and had fairly good experiences with the hotel and staff. Check-in went smoothly and I was given my preferred room on the highest floor. However, I was initially given the key and room number to an occupied room. The desk agent quickly corrected the mistake and gave me a similar room. The room was renovated and nice and cozy. The only issue was that since it was a poolside room it was warmer than usual despite the air conditioner running constantly. Parking and wireless internet were free. The room service meals were okay, though nothing spectacular. Prices were reasonable. I was a little upset with the service I received at breakfast. The delivery person acted as though it was an inconvenience to deliver my room service meal to me, and scrutinized my completion of the bill as though I was going to “dine and dash”, which would be quite hard seeing as it was room service. However, most of the staff acted in a professional and kind manner. The pool area was nice, though I would suggest they turn up the temperature in the hot tub and fill it up more seeing as the water level appeared low. Overall, my stay was okay but I would suggest looking at prices on Travelocity or Hotwire as they offer specials. I paid $90/night for my room, which was listed as $135/night on the hotel website. I would recommend the Medicine Hat Lodge for both business and leisure/family travelers.

Room Tip: Try to book on Travelocity or Hotwire for deals!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank PsychRN12

Thank you very much for your review. Sorry to hear about your experience at the front desk and in our restaurant. We have investigated and rectified the problems so next time you can see the difference in service. I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the future. This time we are hopeful that we could accomplish a remarkable service recovery.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

What can I say, I stay here two nights a month and each time I walk in they recall my name.
Fast check in, quiet rooms, good kitchen, and caring staff. Three months back their iron stained my only clean shirt, I took it to the desk and two hours later it was back in my hands, cleaned dried and pressed (Thanks Nat)

On my last visit the kitchen manager sat with me and asked candid questions about how his kitchen compares to the other hotels I frequent.

You cannot go wrong when you stay with people that care as much as the staff at the Med Hat Lodge does

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Roadtraveller196
Evan85, Rooms Division Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

We would like to begin by thanking you for your loyalty to Medicine Hat Lodge. Natasha is very well known to all our guest for her unique guest services and she is a superstar. We certainly appreciate that you choose to stay with us when you are visiting the Medicine Hat.

Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stayed one night at the Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino and Spa, on our way to Calgary. Our room was ready when we got there, and after a quick check in, we hit the pool and water slide. Our room was clean and quiet, which made our stay very comfortable. With the price of the room we received a complimentary continental breakfast, an additional $2.99 got me a full hot breakfast. I definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Gunnar_OShea
Evan85, Rooms Division Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your experience at the Medicine Hat Lodge. I am thrilled that you had a great time with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 22, 2011

My family (husband, parents, and two toddlers) stayed one night at the Medicine Hat Lodge on our way to Calgary. When we arrived we were greeted by very helpful and friendly staff. The hotel lobby and our rooms were very clean and large. We all had a blast on the waterslides and in the pool. The free breakfast in the morning was tasty and very filling. I would recommend this hotel to all families. I remember staying here with my parents when I was a child and it was amazing to share another wonderful and fun experience with my kids.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Canadian_Cutiel
Evan85, Rooms Division Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

My thanks to you for posting such a wonderful comment on trip advisor. It is particularly pleasing to read your words of compliment for our associates here at the Medicine Hat Lodge. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.