“Fabulous Staff that really care”

Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
canada
“Fabulous Staff that really care”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

What can I say, I stay here two nights a month and each time I walk in they recall my name.
Fast check in, quiet rooms, good kitchen, and caring staff. Three months back their iron stained my only clean shirt, I took it to the desk and two hours later it was back in my hands, cleaned dried and pressed (Thanks Nat)

On my last visit the kitchen manager sat with me and asked candid questions about how his kitchen compares to the other hotels I frequent.

You cannot go wrong when you stay with people that care as much as the staff at the Med Hat Lodge does

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Roadtraveller196
Evan85, Rooms Division Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
We would like to begin by thanking you for your loyalty to Medicine Hat Lodge. Natasha is very well known to all our guest for her unique guest services and she is a superstar. We certainly appreciate that you choose to stay with us when you are visiting the Medicine Hat.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Regina, Sk
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stayed one night at the Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino and Spa, on our way to Calgary. Our room was ready when we got there, and after a quick check in, we hit the pool and water slide. Our room was clean and quiet, which made our stay very comfortable. With the price of the room we received a complimentary continental breakfast, an additional $2.99 got me a full hot breakfast. I definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Gunnar_OShea
Evan85, Rooms Division Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your experience at the Medicine Hat Lodge. I am thrilled that you had a great time with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Saskatchewan
Reviewed June 22, 2011

My family (husband, parents, and two toddlers) stayed one night at the Medicine Hat Lodge on our way to Calgary. When we arrived we were greeted by very helpful and friendly staff. The hotel lobby and our rooms were very clean and large. We all had a blast on the waterslides and in the pool. The free breakfast in the morning was tasty and very filling. I would recommend this hotel to all families. I remember staying here with my parents when I was a child and it was amazing to share another wonderful and fun experience with my kids.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Canadian_Cutiel
Evan85, Rooms Division Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
My thanks to you for posting such a wonderful comment on trip advisor. It is particularly pleasing to read your words of compliment for our associates here at the Medicine Hat Lodge. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Edmonton
Reviewed June 20, 2011

The rooms were clean and spacious. Easy access to the hotel from the Trans-Canada highway and ample parking. The staff were courteous and professional; and the breakfast buffet was the best I have ever seen. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank RiverboyEdmonton
Evan85, Rooms Division Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments, particularly about the staff here at Medicine Hat Lodge .Also thanks for recommending us to the trip advisor community. Hopefully you can return in the near future.

Creston, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Hotel had great amenities. The pool area was fun for the children they especially liked the two huge watersides. The Jungle Cafe served great continental breakfast and for a small price you can upgrade to the hot buffet breakfast. We also had time to visit the casino and the new Elements lounge. We found all staff at the front desk very helpful and courteous. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to friends and family either if you are traveling on pleasure or business.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kur123
Thank you for such a glowing review. Hopefully you can return soon when the heat arrives. We have the biggest waterslides in the area and it makes our hotel unique. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Alberta
Reviewed June 16, 2011

There are two types of rooms which can be booked. The old ones are very dated, but cost less. The new rooms in the new wing are great and the best ones in town. It is the only hotel which is suitable for holding big banquets, so good for weddings or conventions. The pool is very busy for families. The new casino and lounges are pretty good for a hotel. The meals are also very good.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded room.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank travelleteacher
Evan85, Rooms Division Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. Our room types are either Upgraded King or Queen or Standard King or Queen and we are converting all our rooms as renovated rooms. Once we have all our rooms renovated then we would be able to say that all our rooms are the best ones in town. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Evan Ali
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed at the medicine hat lodge awhile ago here when I went to visit some friends and it was a pretty good time. I've stayed at a few other hotels in medicine hat before but there just seemed like something was missing. Medicine Hat Lodge had what I was looking for, friendly staff (especially sasha, she was really friendly and seemed to genuinely care about my concerns.) Also, the pool was pretty handy, being able to go for a nice morning swim was a big bonus. As for quality, it's top notch, and competitive pricing made it a great stay for me. Will definitely be staying there next time.

Room Tip: maybe ask for a room away from the pool
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank BigDaddyKittyLover
Thank you for your post and your wonderful comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel; in particular your kind words about Sasha as we are very lucky to have her in Medicine Hat Lodge. Our "best in class" service will ensure that you will be cared for with respect, understanding and sensitivity. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.