“fantastic accomodations”

Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Reviewed April 11, 2011

great staff and service! They always go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable, paying great attention to detail.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank packman33
Evan85, Rooms Division Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2011

We would like to thank you very much for your remarkable comment. It’s always great to hear good things about our guest service team. We select the best people and together we work hard to create a friendly, warm and respectful work environment that enhances the growth of loyalty between our guest and our guest services team. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 1, 2011

Service at the breakfast buffet was a little short. Excellent service in the Casino lounge.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dave_wrigley

Thank you very much for your review. This kind of feedback allows us to refocus on areas that need improving upon. We would like to welcome you back in Medicine Hat Lodge again in the near future.

Reviewed February 9, 2011

just to let u know.. my family and i stayed at this hotel for 2 nights feb 5th and 6th 2011 our stay was not enjoyable for 400 dollars for 2 nights it was not the stay we were looking forward too the room service was very disapionting the staff had very bad attitudes towards my us. we left a few things in the room of value over 200 dollars, a cell phone charger a fridge full of alcohol, a wii charging station, a wii remote and 2 games??? so to stay there for 2 nights cost me over 600 dollars????????? the food was cold and over priced everytime we got room service. the water slides were so cold that my kids didnt enjoy them the hot tub was out of service the furnace was broken in the first room we stayed in so we woke up frozzen like icicles??? nice looking but very bad stay. do not recommend this hotel to any one i know.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I will certainly use this review in the way it was intended. Should you give us another opportunity I am sure you will have a more positive experience at Medicine Hat Lodge

Reviewed November 29, 2010

The room was old and run down, walk in and nothing was plugged in, the room was sweltering hot, not worth the money we paid. The hallways were full of old plates of food that looked like they had been sitting out for a couple of days, finally in the middle of the night someone picked up the plates but not the food left on the floor!!!! Disgusting. The pool was cold, the kiddies pool was cold the hot tub was luke warm at best, VERY disappointing as the kids were really looking forward to it. Most of the games at the pool side were Out of Order. Very poor over all. So much potential that is being wasted and not maintained!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. All your issues have been addressed as we went through a major renovation in our hotel. Should you give us another opportunity I am sure you will have a more positive experience at Medicine Hat Lodge

Reviewed October 9, 2010

We take our kids to Cuba, Mexico and P.E.I and they ask to go back to the Medicine Hat Lodge! Go figure. I'll be honest it's a little old school but it's clean and the staff is very helpful (we locked ourselve's out on the balcony, we were enjoying the indoor pool view on the 3rd floor and when the door shut it locks you out! haha, a young man at the pool below said "Mam do you need some help?" After being a little embarrased he was able to find the room I was in and rescue us.) They allow pets so we were happy and not having to leave our little dog at a Kennel. And our children really loved the poolview room, we would site out there in the evening and enjoy the quiet and as soon as we heard the water start on the waterslides we would run right down. The indoor waterpark is great. Two heated pools and two giant waterslides. The free breakfast was delicious and I walked out of the Hotel one night and brought the kids across the street for McDonald's It's a very central location. We enjoyed out stay extremely and are looking forward to going back this November. If you take you kids there they will thank you for it, be sure to get a poolview room, the rooms on the lower level walk right into the pool. Don't worry about noise it closes down early in the evening and is pretty quiet during the day.

Cheers!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mommy79

I would like to thank you for posting such a positive and fantastic review. Medicine Hat lodge is the ultimate destination for your family getaway. We are designed to capture the atmosphere of the sunniest city in Canada; our waterparks offer an amazing guest experience. We look forward to welcoming back this summer, if not sooner.

Reviewed August 12, 2010

My Dad booked this trip for our extended family. We have two young children (one requiring a bed, we brought the bassinet for our baby) and we had asked for adjoining rooms. After taking 15 minutes for each of the previous two customers, they looked up my Dad's reservation, all was confirmed, and they gave him keys to 206 and 262! Obviously NOT adjoining. We managed to get two side-by-side that weren't adjoining and that was fine.
Other that that, the supper and breakfast (both buffets) were good, the free wifi was good, and my daughter enjoyed the pool though she was too small for the waterslide.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Thanks you very much for your review. We are printing all our guest request 3 days in advance in order to make sure that we try to accommodate all our guest request before a guest arrives at our front desk. Even though we would not be able to guarantee every single request but we try our level best. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 26, 2010

We've stayed at the Lodge 4 times during baseball tournaments. I actually quite enjoy the hotel for it's courtyard where the parents can visit. The kids love the pool. It is nice to have all the amenities right there. Liquor store, casino, restaurants and laundry facilities. The room renovations are long overdue. I believe we had a somewhat renovated room this time. It was clean and didn't smell for once.

My biggest complaint this year was during the buffet breakfast. It was to include one drink with it. I ordered orange juice, when I asked for decaf coffee instead of the cold carafe of regular coffee placed on our table, I was told it would be an extra cost. I had to cancel the juice just so my coffee would be included. I can't drink regular coffee and I have never in my life been asked to pay extra for decaf. A bit disappointing when paying so much for a buffet where I don't eat very much.

Having said that, I'm sure some hockey or baseball team we are part of will book there again. If I had to choose on my own, I would choose one of the newer hotels across the highway.

• Stayed: July 2010
Evan85, Rooms Division Manager at Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Thank you very much for this valuable feedback. In reviewing our group booking procedure, we have addressed your concern about the food and beverage issue. We now have upgraded rooms and you would be amazed to see the differences. I do hope that you can return and allow us to redeem ourselves in the very near future.

Evan