We have stayed at the Imperial a number of times before and for the price it was okay.
This time we stayed for 3 nights on business. The ownership has changed and so has the price per night. This is definately not a $95 (what we paid per night) motel! There are a number of properties in Medicine Hat that are a lot nicer and less expensive.
The bed was comfortable but the linens smelled like linens that haven't been washed properly or have been used for a long period of time.
The breakfast was nothing to really get excited about. Warm scrambled eggs, the regular cereals (more sweet kids stuff), toast, a few bagels, and tiny muffins. As far as fruit, there were a few oranges and nothing else. The standard coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc. was available.
It would have been nice for more fruit and some yogurt as well as a couple other breakfast favorites.
We asked for a wake up call one morning but never got it!
I also don't like being asked to let them photo copy my driver's license which is what they did.
I figure they have my name, address, and credit card, that's enough.
We booked out after 3 nights but had to come and stay a fourth night in the same room because of a snow storm. The table inside had not been wiped and the sink area had coffee stains from the morning that hadn't been wiped even though the room had been made up.
Don't know why we went back for the 4th night, just not thinking. My bad!
We will be staying somewhere else from now on in Medicine Hat. The price just didn't match the room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Owners and management. Imperial Inn is completing major renovations to proved our guest with clean modern facilities. New carpet, bedding, drapes, air conditioning, 35 renovated kitchenettes complete with laminated flooring and full size fridge and stove. We offer hot items in our Breakfast Bar. Fresh coffee served 24 hours. All rooms are equipped with coffee pots, microwaves, fridges, high speed internet and hair blowers. Beefeater Steak House on property.We are walking distance to Tim Horton's, London Drugs, Co-op Market Place, Liquor store, Pizza Hut, Ralph's Texas Bar and Steakhouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Imperial Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Hotel Medicine Hat
- Imperial Motor Inn Medicine Hat, Alberta