“Nostalgic Little Motel”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Alberta
“Nostalgic Little Motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

This hotel was likely built in the 60's or 70's and has probably not been renovated since then, but perhaps that is why I liked it. It is quaint, clean and reminds me of the road trips I used to take with my family when I was a kid.

The staff was friendly, the room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The pool looked nice, though I didn't have time to swim. Breakfast is provided with the room and includes eggs, bagels, cereal and a variety of other options.

For the price, I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the entry doors, as they bang shut whenever people enter that section of the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Travel8tr
, General Manager at Imperial Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear Travel8tr

Thank you for leaving honest feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I truly appreciate the great comments about our property. Please come back and visit us again soon! Thank you once again for staying with us.If you have any suggestions do not hesitate to contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

The hotel is located right off of hwy #1. We paid $79 for the night so it was a good deal just for a night spot over. Close to everything in what seems to be a good part of town. Continental breakfast was included. Just the usual toast and cereal fruit and juices. Pool and hot tub area is nice.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
Office-Carolyn, Front desk manager at Imperial Motor Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for choosing our motel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

This was one of our overnight stays and booked this one mainly due to it's price. It was good enough. It was our first stay at a "motel". We had ground level parking at our room and our room also had a door to the indoor pool on the other side. Although the hotel is old and not freshly decorated it servred it's purpose (sleep 6 with a pool and hot tub) very well. The complimentary breakfast was also good enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a room based on what your parking and pool accessibility is. It can vary greatly here.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lethbridge, Alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2010

Imperial was a decent place. I just needed a place to crash for the night.

Large room with a fridge and microwave, so that was handy.

Great location for me, but in the middle of the city for the most part.

Pool looked good along with hot tubs. Wasen't able to go into them though due to time. Friend said the amount of chlorine in the hot tub was too much though.

Recommend this place for anyone that just needs a place to sleep or that have kids due to the pool.

Good cont. breakfast though.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ElementTent
Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2008

I stayed at the hotel for work for 2 weeks but I live in the US. I'm also a newlywed. I had gotten a phone line to my room to call my wife with a deposite of 20.00 and after that 20 was up they was supposed to shut it off. well the first time they did the second time they didn't, and it ran up to almost 200.00. They assured me that when I put the deposit down that it wouldn't be aloud to go over that amount. Well it did, and when I asked them about it they told me that they forgot to turn it off. But I still had to pay. Also while I was staying there as I came back to my room one day someones things wheer in my room, come to find out they had double booked my room. But that isn't all when my wife would call me she would ask for the room, they would tell her at times that I wasn't in my room or that I had just left, which I had just called her from a buddies cell phone for her to call me and I was in my room. What kind of business are they running? They only seen $$ when I stayed there.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The Service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank white_roses08

Travelers are raving about these Medicine Hat hotels

North Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2008

With the US dollar taking the plunge, it's hard to find acceptable lodging in Canada at an affordable rate. Our stay at the Imperial was just over $100. A little high for what we got, but better then most other places in Medicine Hat.

It's an older style motel with rooms opening directly to the outside. The room and bathroom were clean, but the carpet and furniture were some what worn. The room had recently been repainted, but the new paint was already chipping off of the door frame.

There are several eating places within walking distance. The free breakfast was adequate.

The pool was very nice and we really liked the the 18 and over hot tub area.

We had a good nights sleep and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2007

I stayed here for 3 nights
it was awesome the pool was great
although the continential breakfast was not that desirable staff was courteous room was cleaned and alway topped up will stay again

• Liked — the whirlpool fpr adults only was awesome
  • Disliked — the continential breakfast
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple