“A nice surprise”
Review of Imperial Motor Inn

Imperial Motor Inn
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This was one of our overnight stays and booked this one mainly due to it's price. It was good enough. It was our first stay at a "motel". We had ground level parking at our room and our room also had a door to the indoor pool on the other side. Although the hotel is old and not freshly decorated it servred it's purpose (sleep 6 with a pool and hot tub) very well. The complimentary breakfast was also good enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a room based on what your parking and pool accessibility is. It can vary greatly here.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 26, 2010

Imperial was a decent place. I just needed a place to crash for the night.

Large room with a fridge and microwave, so that was handy.

Great location for me, but in the middle of the city for the most part.

Pool looked good along with hot tubs. Wasen't able to go into them though due to time. Friend said the amount of chlorine in the hot tub was too much though.

Recommend this place for anyone that just needs a place to sleep or that have kids due to the pool.

Good cont. breakfast though.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank ElementTent
Reviewed August 15, 2008

I stayed at the hotel for work for 2 weeks but I live in the US. I'm also a newlywed. I had gotten a phone line to my room to call my wife with a deposite of 20.00 and after that 20 was up they was supposed to shut it off. well the first time they did the second time they didn't, and it ran up to almost 200.00. They assured me that when I put the deposit down that it wouldn't be aloud to go over that amount. Well it did, and when I asked them about it they told me that they forgot to turn it off. But I still had to pay. Also while I was staying there as I came back to my room one day someones things wheer in my room, come to find out they had double booked my room. But that isn't all when my wife would call me she would ask for the room, they would tell her at times that I wasn't in my room or that I had just left, which I had just called her from a buddies cell phone for her to call me and I was in my room. What kind of business are they running? They only seen $$ when I stayed there.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank white_roses08
Reviewed July 23, 2008

With the US dollar taking the plunge, it's hard to find acceptable lodging in Canada at an affordable rate. Our stay at the Imperial was just over $100. A little high for what we got, but better then most other places in Medicine Hat.

It's an older style motel with rooms opening directly to the outside. The room and bathroom were clean, but the carpet and furniture were some what worn. The room had recently been repainted, but the new paint was already chipping off of the door frame.

There are several eating places within walking distance. The free breakfast was adequate.

The pool was very nice and we really liked the the 18 and over hot tub area.

We had a good nights sleep and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2007

I stayed here for 3 nights
it was awesome the pool was great
although the continential breakfast was not that desirable staff was courteous room was cleaned and alway topped up will stay again

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank intelpanther
Reviewed July 29, 2007

I booked a room at the Imperial because of it's central location and that the price was also affordable.

Check in was a breeze but had to put down a $100 deposit which I recieved back the next day upon checkout.

The staff were friendly and helpful which I thought was great being as I had never really been in Medicine Hat before I was fortunate to have been told about this place which worked out perfectly.

Room was clean and spacious so everything was great, excpet as the night went on I found the room to get chilly because of the air conditioning but I was happy with the room and where the staff placed me for the night.

I would definitley stay here again if I should ever make my way back to the 'Hat :)

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Red_Deer_Gal
Reviewed March 15, 2007

Good value. Newly renovated pool and hot tub. Rooms a little small, but clean and comfortable. Ample continental breakfast.
Staff went out of their way to accomodate our needs

Stayed: March 2007