“Comfortable Beds!”

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
“Comfortable Beds!”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Night attendent was friendly and helpful. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. Would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
bwplussc, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments. We are delighted to hear you found your stay with us restful. Be sure to stop in for a visit again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The service was nice enough until... well first i will explain my situation, i have come to this hotel with a relative of mine who is on a bussiness trip and i was souly there to keep them company. so while they work i am left at the hotel all day. of course i leave the room to get breakfast and let house keeping do it's thing. but one day i had slept in, and house keeping knocked on my door. i told them that i didnt need anything today, being as i had just woken up. and then an hour later some one else came and knocked, i said i didn't need anything but they told me i needed parental consent to tell them that i didn't want the room cleaned. so seeing as i didn't have a choice, i said i needed a second. so i got changed. then not barely 5 minutes later they got someone else to knock. as if they didn't trust me! but that was all fine and dandy just a little embarrassing i guess. then the following day, i was waiting got house cleaning to clean my room so while i was walking down the hall, i the lady who confronted me and said they HAD TO clean my room, she wasn't very discreet about who she was talking to, because it was obvious they were talking about me i heard a "THERE SHE IS!" AND then once they had past me a "I THINK SHE HEARD YOU" now these two ladies are grown women, and they are going around whispering like children. i found that very rude, and unwelcoming.
my review will likely be ignored because I am a minor, but i felt i had to share this experiance.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank AsheleyB
bwplussc, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I certainly apologize for disturbing you in order to service your room. When the Do Not Disturb Sign is not hanging on the door our housekeeping staff are instructed to service the room however I understand your concerns of having your door knock on several times. I have recently spoken with our housekeeping department to ensure this type of situation does not happen in the future. Your comments are appreciated and we certainly hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Travelers are raving about these Medicine Hat hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2011

My friends and I were attending a friend's wedding which was occurring at 1 pm on a long weekend. When booking we requested an early check in so we could do most of our preparation for the wedding there instead of ruining our clothes during the long drive from out of town. When we arrived we waited half an hour for the one and only person working the desk on a Saturday of a long weekend to help us. When we were finally acknowledged we explained our situation about the wedding and asked about the early check in request (for only ONE of the rooms, not both) and were rudely told that "A REQUEST IS EXACTLY THAT, A REQUEST!". We were then told by Cindy (the rude desk attendant) to go have lunch instead of her getting a response from house keeping as soon as she could to try and help us out. In the end we didn't receive a response at all. Luckily we were accomodated by one of the competitor hotels close by who graciously allowed us to pay for a couple hours in one of their rooms (which was coincidentally fully booked due to a wedding) so we could be ready. Long story short? Stay somewhere else and save yourself the hassle and rude treatment.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa C
bwplussc, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
I am truly disheartened to hear about your experience with us. We hire and train staff to embrace the art of “hospitality” it is what we love to do. We find great joy in making our guests feel welcome, comfortable and putting a smile on their face. Unfortunately we failed in this particular case. I hope that you can accept my most sincere apology and please know that I can assure you this is not typical of the service we pride ourselves in each and every day.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed at this Hotel with our family of 5 and our friends (2 adults) stayed in a different room. Front desk was nice enough. There were 2 pools in seperate areas, although they were clean there was nothing fantastic about them. We had a room with 2 double/queen beds and it was really small. Everything was pretty crowded for us having 3 little kids. Only having to stay one night we could deal with it. Our friends had a room with one queen bed and they said it was super super tight. there wasn't even a desk in the room to set up thier computer.
When we walked into our room it smelled of musty old man. The room was clean enough but smelled funky. Our friends said their room was fine as far a smell was concerned.

The hot and cold breakfast was good. It was the only thing that would make this hotel be considered a "PLUS".

Overall for one night it worked for us but it was definitely not a PLUS hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
bwplussc, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. Your comments are instrumental in assisting us with our strong points and of course our shortfalls. If you plan to be in the Medicine Hat area again please contact me in advance and I will be more than happy to introduce our Family Room featuring vaulted ceilings, dinner table for four, a kitchenette, two queen beds plus a king bed in separate bedroom. I am certain you will find more space then you know what to do with in this room! Nevertheless, thank you again for your comments and I look forward to your next visit with us.
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I've stayed here several times over the years, and have always found it to be a well-run hotel. The indoor pool is a pleasant place to relax, but you may not want a room that overlooks it, in case it gets noisy and you want to nap. The location is on the edge of town, but it is not far to drive to the center. Breakfast is fairly bare-bones, but adequate.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
bwplussc, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you for your comments and I appreciate the fact you have been a frequent guest of ours for years. I am glad to hear you found one of our two swimming pools pleasant and relaxing. Having two swimming pools has its advantages as if one is busy the other tends to be quieter. In regards to our complimentary breakfast we are forever making changes in search of quality products with the goal of satisfying as many guests as possible. Recently we have added butter scrambled eggs and fresh oatmeal (not instant) with the anticipation of some newer items coming this fall. Again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again very soon!
Calgary
Reviewed July 27, 2011

First the good,
The lady that checked us in was great! pleasant, helpful, could not ask for more. the room was HUGE, clean and comfortable, and I can not remember the last time I had a heat lamp in the lieu. Breakfast was AWESOME! and the lady working it was terrific.

The bad,
The jacuzzi was dirty, but it may have been because of the age, either way we were not gonna use it. A bug was found in it which had my wife freaking (yeah I know, not much they can do about that), the biggest thing, it is in need of a reno, the room was VERY dated, like out of the 80s, I thought Magnum P.I. was gonna bust through the door.

Overall, good experience, and will return again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ras59
bwplussc, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Although we have had several celebrities stay with us Magnum P.I. has not been one of them but you never know! Your comments are very much appreciated and will be used to encourage our staff and to also indicate where improvement can be made. I look forward to your next visit with us which I hope will be in the very near future.
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My partner and I stayed here during a business trip. We did not make the booking, it was made by a third party via Travelocity. The first room we were given was small and cave-like, with a window looking out into a hallway. When we called about getting a room with more natural light, the front desk staff person was very accommodating and moved us to another room. The second room seemed fine until we tried to plug in our tea kettle and it blew a fuse. The maintenance man came immediately and said we should be fine as long as we didn't have too many appliances operating at the same time. He was also very friendly. Later in the evening we blew the fuse again when using the iron and were moved to a third room. The third room was very nice until I discovered the toilet didn't flush properly. This was around 10 pm and, I confess, I lost it and called a nearby hotel to make a booking. When we went to check-out and move to the other hotel, the same very nice desk staff person was incredibly apologetic and upgraded us to a very nice room and made sure everything in that room worked perfectly for us. The fourth room was the charm and the rest of our stay was very pleasant.
So, everything that could go wrong did go wrong, but the staff at this hotel is friendly and will go out of their way to make things right.

Room Tip: Do not get the bargain basement economy room.