“Nice pool, and reasonably priced”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I've stayed here several times over the years, and have always found it to be a well-run hotel. The indoor pool is a pleasant place to relax, but you may not want a room that overlooks it, in case it gets noisy and you want to nap. The location is on the edge of town, but it is not far to drive to the center. Breakfast is fairly bare-bones, but adequate.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
bwplussc, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Thank you for your comments and I appreciate the fact you have been a frequent guest of ours for years. I am glad to hear you found one of our two swimming pools pleasant and relaxing. Having two swimming pools has its advantages as if one is busy the other tends to be quieter. In regards to our complimentary breakfast we are forever making changes in search of quality products with the goal of satisfying as many guests as possible. Recently we have added butter scrambled eggs and fresh oatmeal (not instant) with the anticipation of some newer items coming this fall. Again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

First the good,
The lady that checked us in was great! pleasant, helpful, could not ask for more. the room was HUGE, clean and comfortable, and I can not remember the last time I had a heat lamp in the lieu. Breakfast was AWESOME! and the lady working it was terrific.

The bad,
The jacuzzi was dirty, but it may have been because of the age, either way we were not gonna use it. A bug was found in it which had my wife freaking (yeah I know, not much they can do about that), the biggest thing, it is in need of a reno, the room was VERY dated, like out of the 80s, I thought Magnum P.I. was gonna bust through the door.

Overall, good experience, and will return again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ras59

Although we have had several celebrities stay with us Magnum P.I. has not been one of them but you never know! Your comments are very much appreciated and will be used to encourage our staff and to also indicate where improvement can be made. I look forward to your next visit with us which I hope will be in the very near future.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

My partner and I stayed here during a business trip. We did not make the booking, it was made by a third party via Travelocity. The first room we were given was small and cave-like, with a window looking out into a hallway. When we called about getting a room with more natural light, the front desk staff person was very accommodating and moved us to another room. The second room seemed fine until we tried to plug in our tea kettle and it blew a fuse. The maintenance man came immediately and said we should be fine as long as we didn't have too many appliances operating at the same time. He was also very friendly. Later in the evening we blew the fuse again when using the iron and were moved to a third room. The third room was very nice until I discovered the toilet didn't flush properly. This was around 10 pm and, I confess, I lost it and called a nearby hotel to make a booking. When we went to check-out and move to the other hotel, the same very nice desk staff person was incredibly apologetic and upgraded us to a very nice room and made sure everything in that room worked perfectly for us. The fourth room was the charm and the rest of our stay was very pleasant.
So, everything that could go wrong did go wrong, but the staff at this hotel is friendly and will go out of their way to make things right.

Room Tip: Do not get the bargain basement economy room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Please except my sincere apologies for the many inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I must agree anything that could go wrong did go wrong. Thank you so much for having faith in us and giving us several opportunities to make things right for you. A special thank you goes out for acknowledging the willingness of our staff to accommodate you. I look forward to the day we can once again welcome you back and prove to you we can get it right the first time!

Reviewed July 15, 2011

I stayed here because I had a Best Western gift card and I needed to stop halfway on my road trip from Moose Jaw to Calgary. I decided to spend the extra $10 in order to get a loft room and it was worth every penny. The loft rooms are in a separate building from the main hotel so it's newer and quieter. The main level of the room had a queen sized bed, television, desk, closet and bathroom and upstairs there was another queen bed, television and bathroom. It was so nice for my kids to have their separate space and 2 bathrooms was heavenly! The hotel has 2 pools and 2 hot tubs, one on each end of the hotel. We tried both of them and found them very enjoyable and the water a good temperature. The breakfast was great with lots of choices including scrambled eggs and waffles. All the employees we encountered were very friendly. The hotel is very easy to find just off the Trans Canada Highway. We will stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Get a loft room
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank happyfr0g
bwplussc, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Thank you for your kind words and yes our loft rooms are perfect for families. The two bathrooms make getting ready in the morning easy and the let’s not forget about the kids having their own TV area as well! We stride to provide each and every guest with a friendly smile and hometown service. We look to the next time you can stop in and visit.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

My husband and I were moving across the country, and our first stop was in Medicine Hat. We always try this chain first. The bed was quite comfortable. There were some issues with the lights, namely not one was on the switch, and another was unplugged, which we alerted the front desk staff of when we left. The breakfast was fine. Overall, what you expect from a Best Western

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Hope your move went well and you are all settled in now. So glad to hear you had a comfortable sleep during your stay with us. Sounds like our recent bed upgrades to most of the hotel are paying off. I would like to thank you for passing on the lighting issue you had to our Guest Service Agent at check-out. Your comments are much appreciated and help us to better serve our guests. Thank you and if you should decide to move back this way again please stop in for a visit.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Loved the hotel, the price was really good, the hotel is very big, multiple pools. It was quiet and my family and I loved it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2011

The service is horrible. Rooms are filthy and stuffy. The AC was making noise all night long. Do not stay there at all

• Stayed: June 2011