“What a disappointment”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Medicine Hat, Canada
“What a disappointment”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

For our anniversary we decided to try the M Grill at the Lodge. Bad choice. The service was quick but the food was horrible. The stuffed scallops were undercooked and the prosciutto it was stuffed with was actually chunks of tasteless dry mystery meat. And the sauce was tasteless and the mushrooms were very rubbery.$14 for 3 scallops? So, onto the main which we were hoping was better. My husbands steak was served still mooing. A far cry from Md.rare. The fries were frozen and tasted like a poor freezer burnt no name fry. Not a very appetizing meal. The excuse we were given for the poorly cooked steak wast hat they just had a couple of young guys working. So, if you already know the meal will probably be sub-par because of staff maybe an automatic discount was in order. My Veal cutlets were straight out of a TV dinner. We were soooooo disappointed with a place we were sure was going to provide the special meal we were paying for. We will not be returning. On a better note we won $300 in the casino afterwards which helped lift our mood after that overpriced rotten dinner.

• Visited January 2014

Medicine Hat, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Recently my husband and I had dinner at M Grill in the Medicine Hat Lodge to celebrate our anniversary. We had very attentive wait staff, quick service and the food was delicious! That was the best prime rib I've ever had and the raspberry spinach salad was so good as were the stuffed potatos!

• Visited December 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Disappointed in family holiday meal”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We had unfulfilled expectations from our recent meal at the M restaurant in the Medicine Hat lodge. We spent some time looking for a resturant to take the extended family to celebrate Christmas and my grandmothers 90th birthday. We arrived on time for our 5pm reservation and sat there waiting. I went out to the desk to ask about menus for kids etc as no one came to table. I booked this time as my grandmother eats early and wanted her to enjoy her meal. Our meal took over an hour to come and was not very good. The salmon was good and someone had chicken and said it was ok. The turkey tasted like a tv Dinner turkey. My grandma had steak and it was so tough and chewy that she could not eat it. Our waitress was rarely seen, asked once how food was and then gone again. I would have liked a second glass of wine but never had chance to get one. Our party of 12 was not welcomed and we felt like we were an inconvenience to the staff. Besides our table there were only 2 other tables there so staff was not busy. I realize Medicine Hat is a small city but if you are looking for a nice night out keep looking and find something else.

• Visited December 2013

Prime Rib
Swordfish
Salmon
Oscar Chicken

It was all fantastic, and the M salad is really delicious. The serving staff was very friendly and quick.

Visited July 2013
Toronto
“No gluten free”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

If you are gluten sensitive this is not for you.
Not the greatest dining experience.
Delightful waitress though.