“Didn't like this place at all”
Review of Saigonese Restaurant - CLOSED

Saigonese Restaurant
“Didn't like this place at all”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We went here a little while ago and I wasn't impressed. It had a funky smell to it and the restaurant (bathrooms as well) was not clean. The service was mediocre at best and the food was not great. I may have been spoiled having some pretty amazing Vietnamese food in Calgary for years, but this just doesn't cut it. The seafood dishes were really fishy and the beef had a not so beef taste. I'm not sure that I would attempt a return visit to this place...

Lethbridge, Canada
“Good Asian Food”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

It's hard to find good Asian food in Lethbridge, but the Saigonese restaurant does quite well. I don't like the Americanised versions of most Asian food places, but this is more authentic than your typical Chinese joint.

If you haven't had Saigonese before, the food is a bit of a cross between Chinese and Thai. It is spicier than most Chinese dishes. I much prefer it to the usual Chinese stuff, though I do like real, authentic Chinese food.

The restaurant ambience is okay, nothing special. The service is decent, but nothing to write home about. Go for the food and take someone to talk to and you won't even notice the average ambience.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank MarkOnline
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Not the Cleanest Restaurant I've Been to”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Although the food was very tasty here, the cleanliness was very poor. My booth seat had duct tape patching the cuts in the plastic leather, the floor isn’t mopped very often and the all around appearance of the place was obviously not a priority of the owners. I have a HUGE issue with flies and once I was served the food, I had to continuously swat them away…they kept landing on my legs, on the table corners, etc. If there is this many flies in the serving area I can’t imagine how many are in the kitchen landing on the food. Not a place I’d return to.

• Visited August 2012
Taber
“Best asian based food”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Always a pleasure, always good soup and food in general...best service and they don't hover over loud people expecting service...they treat all red necks the same

Visited March 2012
1 Thank DarcyTaber
Calgary, Canada
“YUM”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My favorite vietnamese food place in lethbridge. Saigonese has the best spring rolls and very nice staff!

Visited July 2012