“The Best Chinese in Town” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating
The Pas, Canada
“The Best Chinese in Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Growing up in Lethbridge and having an uncle for a delivery driver, you learn pretty quick what Chinese restaurant's are safe to eat at. I also worked at the Regent years ago, and still can't get enough of their delicious food! They even serve dim sum! I would recommend their Hot & Sour Soup (I have never found any one better) or pretty much anything else! My favourite, which I just ordered again, is the dry ribs with sweet & sour sauce. If you don't mind waiting, I highly recommend the Black Bean Spare Ribs!!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank DaisyThePas

Lethbridge
“Soggy old red gross take out!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was eager to try The Regent as I seen some good reviews, but when I placed my order I asked about the chicken chow mein and mentioned that I had ordered it elsewhere before and it had more lettuce than noodles and was curious to know what theirs was like...I was told "Oh no, not here" so I placed my order for pick up, got home opened up our order was very disgusted with the "more lettuce than noodle ratio" which was stated not there....yuk, and then the blood red sweet and sour boneless pork and ginger beef were the same...I think, I couldn't tell they we're both so soggy and I'm sure left over from the buffet. For the cost of the horrible dinner, i will never go back nor recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mesa, Arizona
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We arrived at 8pm. and ordered 3 dishes, all of which tasted as though they were on the afternoon buffet. The calamari was drenched in grease. We cannot believe how expensive the evening was.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rodney M
Calgary
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

My father and I stopped in for lunch and had the buffet. It was okay....there was a reasonable variety of items, and they were fairly fresh, but too much sweet and sour sauce on some of the items ruined the flavor. It took a long time for us to be seated, and it was a while before anyone came to take our drink orders.....but the server was pleasant. Nothing really good or bad to say about the Regent....it was about what I expected for a North-Americanized chinese buffet.

• Visited June 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Don't go there!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Our family traveled to Lethbridge last long weekend (May 19). We had lunch in this restaurant. We ordered a pot of tea, 2 dim sum, and 2 dishes. The tea spent half an hour to come to our table, and 2 cups for the tea and one of our plate had very obvious stains. The foods had odd tastes - we had never eaten these dishes with such tastes. The waitress didn't seem to have time for us. We only ate 1/3 of food and decided to leave. Finally, the price was surprisingly high!
Conclusion: bad service, bad food, and bad sanitary.

• Visited May 2013