“First and last time eating here!”
Review of Ric's Grill - CLOSED

Ric's Grill
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Italian, Steakhouse, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Dining at Ric's Grill in Lethbridge is truly an extravagant experience. Located 150 feet in the air in a custom designed water tower, Ric's Grill guarantees a dining experience that is so unique, it is the only one of its kind in all of North America. Our restaurant combines the amazing elements of a 300 degree mountain view with the beautiful landscape of Lethbridge into a comfortable, yet stylish atmosphere - providing guests with a dining experience like no other.Featuring fresh seafood, delicious steaks, mouth-watering pastas and one of the best selections of premium and international wines and spirits in Lethbridge - with a generous helping of exceptional service - Ric's Grill delivers the exceptional value you expect. Conveniently located right off Highway 3, we are open for dinner 7 days a week and families are always welcome. Come savour the Ric's Grill experience today.
Cardston, Canada
“First and last time eating here!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time eating at this restaurant. The meal was delicious but expensive. The steak was so tender and melted in your mouth. I don't mind paying a little more for a great meal, but the service took any enjoyment we had away. Our starter soups came quickly as did our drinks. Then we waited at least 45 minutes for our entrees. In that time our water glasses were not refilled, nor were we asked if wanted another drink of any kind. In fact our server came to apologize for keeping us waiting and asked if we were ready for our bill. We said we just wanted our meal and she seemed surprised. When our meal finally came I asked for a steak knife. The person (the hostess who had seated us) responded, "Ummm... I don't think we have any as we are between steak servings." WHAT! I've never heard such a ridiculous comment. Luckily the steak was so tender that I didn't need it. We did address our concerns with a manager and he was understanding and polite. Anyways, the food tasted wonderful, but I'm not sure we'd go back.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank Jay H
Lethbridge C, Public Relations Manager at Ric's Grill, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your delicious dinner and cooked to perfection steaks. Excellent food must be the hallmark of our service to our guests.

It is a problem that your waters were not refilled. We are not sure what to make of the comments from the server. It seems very unusual and we do trust it will not happen again. We do thank you for speaking with the manager at the time and are pleased your comments were heard and understood.

We would love to have you return. Your delicious food and melt in your mouth steaks will be waiting!

Calgary, Canada
“The view is what you pay for ”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We are new to Lethbridge and decided to try out Ric's Grill for our anniversary dinner. The waiter was great, very knowledgable about the menu and quite friendly as well. I ordered steak and lobster where my hubby ordered the steak and the steaks were cooked perfectly, the lobster was defiantly overcooked and the seasonal vegetables were sadly hard cold and raw, what a shame! It's what I've come to expect with resteraunts but I had more expectations for Ric's Grill. The plus was they gave us a free dessert for spending our anniversary there. Likely won't go back; as there are better less expensive places in town but it was worth the visit, if not for the food for the view! We still had a lovely night out as it was a beautiful atmosphere and perfect company :) a good place to spend a special occasion.

1 Thank jrene88
We extend our sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations. We do assure you our food is excellent. If something is not cooked to your liking our Service Manager is always available to address it at the time.

We thank you for your review and for dining with us.
Calgary
“Our favorite restaurant in Lethbridge”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We love Ric's grill...best view of the city and beautiful decor inside. The food and service is always first class. Recently, my husband I went for dinner to celebrate. I had the ribeye steak, which is always done to perfection. My husband had the fish and loved it too. We had calamari and caesar salad for appetizers, both were excellent and fresh! The wine selection is also one of the best in the city.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank CordonQueen
Lethbridge C, Public Relations Manager at Ric's Grill, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to be able to serve you during your time in Lethbridge. We look forward to your next visit.
Oakville
“The view is better then the food”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I thought that eating in an old water tower would be fun. Our view was not the best available as we were looking away from the main city lights. Our server was great with recommendations. The appetizer was Mediterranean triple dip with pita wedges. It was delicious. That was it as my salad was a full bag of baby spinach with bits of mango that I could count once I found them. The canned crab was nondescript as were the salad shrimp. The added giant prawns were the best part of the salad. My husband had the seared ahi tuna but discovered that the bottom was burnt. The kitchen on the Monday night closed at 8:30. Don't think we will go back.

• Visited October 2013
We are sorry to disappoint you in your visit to Lethbridge and to the water tower. We have been in contact with you to resolve.

We thank you for your review and look forward to your next visit.
Lethbridge, Canada
“great food, good service, nice views”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

this is a restaurant you can't afford to visit everyday! but a real nice treat for special occasions, food quality is top notch, service is very good

• Visited August 2013
Lethbridge C, Public Relations Manager at Ric's Grill, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. Our staff is pleased you enjoyed your experience with us in the water tower.

Our food and service should always be top notch and we are happy to have me your expectations.

Thank you again and we ope to see you in the near future!