“Good value for money”

Premier Inn And Suites
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Reviewed December 10, 2010

This is a good hotel, better than I thought it would be. It has proper central heating so you can actually sleep rather than being kept awake by a clanky wall-mounted unit. Also had a fridge and microwave in the room. My only real complaint is that the bed was a bit on the hard side but I'm not surprised at this price. The colour scheme in the hotel (green and white) also made me think I was staying in a private room in a hospital! Very close to lots of restaurants and a Shopper's Drug Mart which was handy.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank CS6
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn And Suites

Reviewed September 20, 2010

My family and I had a terrible experience at this hotel this past weekend. We stayed at Premier to attend a wedding in the Lethbridge area. Although the location was good and the price was low, in retrospect we would have been willing to pay much more to avoid a stay at this hotel.

Issues:
- Upon entering our room, we saw only a king-sized bed. My four-year-old daughter was travelling with us, so my husband asked the receptionist if we could change rooms. We were told that our online booking was for a king-sized bed and to use the pull-out couch in the room for our daughter. Although this seems to have been our fault, I was surprised that the hotel was not more willing to accommodate us.
- We had been travelling all morning and decided to all have a nap before attending the wedding reception. The room was very cramped with the pull-out bed open, so we later had to stretch across the table in order to reach our coats and clothes in the "closet." (Our room did not have a real closet with doors at the room entryway that is typical to most hotels, just a stand-up unit in the far corner of the room with a rod.) The cramped space was especially difficult for me to maneouver as I am 8-months pregnant.
- Our room was located on the main floor by the stairwell. Although it provided convenience in that it allowed us easy access to the back parking lot, the noise level was unacceptable. We had a terrible nap in the afternoon from the elevated noise level and a worse sleep that night. Until the early morning hours (at least 3 a.m.), there were people in the hall outside of our door. It sounded like many of these people were inebriated - there was a lot of yelling and swearing, constantly, through the majority of the night. (Keep in mind that I had a 4-year-old daughter in the room who was exposed to this.) The reception desk was just down the hall and no attempts were made to quiet down these rowdy people. My husband and I would have confronted them and asked them to show some consideration, but these did not seem to be people in a reasonable state of mind and we did have a child in the room who was already frightened by the noises outside our door.
- The hotel did provide a basic breakfast, although some items needed to be replenished (e.g., yogurt) and the cream cheese for the yogurt was bad (I'm not sure if it was expired, or perhaps they were putting out packages day after day that had gone bad because of improper temperature control).

My husband and I were so distressed by our experience at this hotel that we decided to skip showers until we arrived back in Calgary and instead checked out immediately after breakfast. We have many friends in Lethbridge as it's the city where my husband attended university, but we will never return to this hotel or recommend it to anyone.

It may also be worth noting that the reason we selected this hotel is because it received good reviews previously on TripAdvisor. We had always had good luck with TripAdvisor reviews in the past (including reviews for hotels in developing countries), so it was disappointing to us to be so misled about this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank I_am_homeward_bound
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Sure, the hotel itself is rather plain. But consider this: the rooms were really clean--as was the room fridge and microwave. The lobby is very bright with tables and chairs, that allowed our soccer team to meet easily and have breakfast together. I thought the breakfast was good: fruit, cereal, toast, yogurt, coffee. The business centre computer was easily accessible. Nice helpful staff. And kids could go next door to use Ramada's waterpark, and walk across the park to Boston PIzza. We were happy at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank Anne4Calgary
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Had read many varied reviews on this hotel. We found the hotel to be very friendly and well located. Rooms were quite rooms and well equipped, the hotel is situated within walking distance of many restaurants. On check-in there was a slight hiccup in our allocated rooms, the check-in fellow immediately rectified the situation. Only a misunderstanding between housekeeping and front desk. Would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in Lethbridge.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2009

We have stayed at the Premier several times and while it isn't deluxe it offers a good clean room, good breakfast and helpful staff. Whenever we have had a problem it has been tended to and if it couldn't be fixed immediately we were given a credit on our room rate or the night free. Rooms are clean and comfortable but some couches or more comfy chairs would be nice. Price is good.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laneybc
Reviewed March 1, 2009

This is a very basic facility and beginning to show wear, although it is quite new. Staff were helpful and the room was clean. The fridge in the room would have been a good thing - however, it was noisy throughout the night and then when we retrieved our fruit and veggies in the am - everything was frozen. The breakfast, while free, was not good. Muffins and bagels (I gave up on one to have another) were very stale... this was a Sunday am and fodd was likely stocked up on Friday. No coffee machine in the room, no hair dryer or fan in the bathroom.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple