All reviews ground floor toast stayed here mayor magrath drive microwave cereal faucet queen toilet furniture
Selected filters
Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

I was refused because I am first nation. Told I couldn’t get a room because I needed a credit card so I presented my credit card. Asked if I was being stereotyped and the man said yes. We have too much problems with parties. My daughter has an early hockey game. Just wanted some where to sleep. We don’t drink. I do not receive this treatment when I check in at Sheraton or any other hotel. Just because I am First Nation does not mean I drink or party. I work a full time job. I graduated university. This man came out and admitted he refused my family because he stereotyped us. I will never go there again.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Lethbridge AB, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2019

Dear Niki,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may have occurred with regard to your reservations issues. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe.
We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

When there and they didn't give us a room cuz we were native even said that's the reason...they were stereo typing us and said they had rooms but none for us.these guys here missed a finger...walked in they said they only rent if we have credit card...told them do we look like we dont have a credit card he said yes...then said we been having problems with partying...told them I dont drink been 7 years. he said good for you. Told himes so you have rooms just nor for us because we are natives??...he said yes...said that's f&%ked...he said bring it on!!...so we left went to super 8 and got treated like we were people...felt good felt great...thank you super 8...motel 6 is no good dont go there...racist and as brown as we are just not from this country...

Date of stay: February 2019

Dear Duane,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is important for all of our guests to feel welcomed, receive the highest level of service, respect and hospitality. The customer service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We strongly encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed November 6, 2018

We only stayed one night, but it was very clean. The suite also had a nice bar fridge with a freezer and a microwave. Fresh clean sheets. Our room was very quite. It’s close to Costco and there’s a daily queen right next door.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I’ll put up with a lot but this was worse than usual. The AC vent was broken and could not be angled up so it blew on me all night. It also needed the filter serviced. The bed was overly soft and the mattress springs were way past worn out. The bathroom door rubbed against the floor so it required your shoulder to shut it. The lazy clerk said they opened at 6am for coffee and breakfast and I finally had to buzz him awake at 6:50 and he unlocked the door in pajamas with a cold the coffee will be ready in 5 minutes. It was bad.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Lethbridge AB, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Dear Peter, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

Spent one night. Probably won't spend another ever.
Towels weren't clean, looks like someone had wiped mascara off and they just rolled it and put it back on the towel rack. Bottom sheet wasn't clean or they just don't wash them properly.
The floors were clean, tv was nice, front desk agents were great.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Lethbridge AB, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

CJahn, Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.