“All you can eat Sushi for $25 a person.”
Review of Makisu Sushi

Makisu Sushi
Ranked #81 of 262 Restaurants in Lethbridge
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been here many times and am never disappointed in the quality of food.

In my opinion this is the best place to come for sushi in Lethbridge. This especially goes for individuals looking to try sushi for their first time and don't want to buy $10 plates for sushi they do not enjoy. Be careful not to order to much though because you are charged for what you do not eat - at full price.

The first time that I went to the restaurant my date and I had filled out stomachs and were ready to go when they told us we had to pay for each uneatten roll. I sat there stuffing my face feeling like I was getting hazed until I finished it all.

Now thanks to tripadvisor I can recommend ordering small amounts of sushi first, finding your favourite and reordering that type.

The restaurants exterior is worn and run down as well as the interior bathrooms. The place has been doing some remodelling but it's one of those places that has awesome food in a poorly decorated building. When you walk into the entrance you can see real coy fish swimming inn a tiny man made rock pond.

Food is pretty quickly prepared as long as its not very busy. There is a discount for paying cash. This unfortunately is another restaurant that if you want a drink refill you have to beckon your waitress to your table.

A great quiet place for a date.

1  Thank Roomreviewer1986
There are newer reviews for Makisu Sushi

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I liked the imported Japanese pop. Try that for a lark. The food was good, not great. Food was served promptly and was hot. I didn't eat from their buffet because it was late. I had the teriyaki stir fry and it was a good portion size. A few interesting Japanese twists. I'm from Vancouver so I'm a bit fussy.

1  Thank BrightSided
Reviewed April 13, 2013

For all you can eat it is pretty good, the price is a little high if you have kids that don't eat alot. The sushiis right up there with what you would get at the mall or grocery store (still made fresh) and the other items are pretty good. My kids love it there as they offer a good variety on the menu, we will be back.

1  Thank scott499
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Came here on a recommendation and there is a great menu selection. Food was tasty and simply prepared. Service was okay, although we didn't get drink refills until we asked. We expected the weekend 'Dinner' price ($26.99) to be the same rate as the Mon.-Thurs. price ($24.99) per adult. Why should there be a price difference just because its the weekend, it's the same food?!? Would reconsider returning because I'd this.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

If I wasn't worried about my waist and wallet :P I have only ever gotten the all you can eat.
Love this place. I prefer to go for lunch because it is much cheaper than going for dinner. Plus, you will be full for the rest of the day anyways.
Excellent sushi as well as dishes for people who do not like sushi.
This is a regular restaurant in our dining rotation.

1  Thank CSquared31