Lighthouse Sushi Bar and Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

I am always excited to try a new sushi spot unfortunately Lighthouse was a little disappointing. We started with their green bean gomae which was bland. We took the servers suggestion on the best rolls to try. The presentation was excellent and they arrived promptly but I have to say the flavours fell a little flat. They used tobiko in a couple of the rolls for crunch but it added little in flavour. Unagi is my favorite and the roll we ordered with Unagi you couldn’t even taste i was in there.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

I went here last night around 5 and it wasn't terribly busy. The staff was friendly and the food was absolutely delicious. I can't recommend their crispy dynamite roll enough, it was good enough that I ordered a second one. Nigiri was fresh and had good texture as well.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 10, 2019

The owner and his staff present a terrific Japanese menu and ensure that the food is presented in a top notch manner. I was fortunate enough to order the Lighthouse rolls on our first visit along with the seaweed salad. Both were fully enjoyable. On the second visit I again had the Lighthouse rolls [ they are now my favourite - too bad i live in BC], along with Gyoza. Again a home run meal.
Enjoyed the owner who came over to chat about the area, the meals and the curling ..... I wonder if he would like to move his operations in the interior of BC?

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 12, 2019

I love sushi and was looking forward to trying a new place in Lethbridge with my nephew. From the pictures the food looks amazing, and the combinations were actually quite good, except for the sea/fishy after taste. Considering the pricey menu, the fishy after taste and the mediocre service I will not likely be back. Too bad because with a few tweaks this restaurant could rival Kinjo's in Calgary!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 1, 2019 via mobile

The place was really busy with what looked like one person serving?? When we asked to order we were told no. He was helping two other tables. Ok. Um I won’t be back.

Date of visit: March 2019