“Good Food”

Montana's BBQ & Bar
Ranked #177 of 259 Restaurants in Lethbridge
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Canadian, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
“Good Food”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We haven't been to Montana's for some time and decided to return as we had gift cards given to us at Christmas time. We had an appetizer and main course meals. My fish and chips came to the table hot and crispy and the portion was very generous. My wife had an order of beef ribs with sides of coleslaw and baked potato. Her meal was generous and was really more than she could eat. In all, our experience was a good one. Our server was pleasant and gave good service. It appeared to us that there was ample wait staff and people were getting their orders in a timely fashion.

• Visited August 2013

Claresholm, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good solid food. Meat lovers place to be”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

In BC and Alberta I enjoy Montana's food and service. Today's lunch was no exception. Great appetizer and entrees. My 12oz Sirloin was cooked correctly and tasted great. Corn bread, coleslaw with onion rings super. Old bros Turkey club agreed with him. The server was new and on the spot, The manager checked on us and knew her business.

In all the time eating at Montana's I only had to wait once for a bartender. So after a few minutes I went behind the bar and drew my own draught...that got their attention.

• Visited June 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Missing Wait Staff”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I walked in and elected to sit at the bar to ensure a relatively speedy meal and have a glass of wine after a long drive. I heard a Birthday chant taking place in the main dining room. There were five tables seated in the bar area; three with food, two without and myself at the bar. It was five minutes following the conclusion of the birthday song before a bartender appeared. He ignored my signal for service and disappeared. Another five minutes passed and a waitress walks by, I signal her and she states I'll be right back. Upon another table being ignored requesting service, they leave. I gave it a final five minutes and did the same. 15 minutes at a bar during the prime dinner hour without even a menu or a drink... I let the Manager know via the phone to be nice and she acted confused.

I think Cara Corporate (Parent Company) needs to take a hard look at this franchise's operation as its not representative of their brand.

• Visited June 2013
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Good food and drink”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Had a nice supper here after a long day of driving. Good beer! The waitress was friendly and helpful when it came to recommending an item to order.

Visited August 2012
Lethbridge, Canada
“Food average, service awful”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I've been to this restaurant on several occasions because I go with friends who like a particular burger there. I've had various items on the menu. All decent, nothing stellar. But what is outstanding about this place is the incredibly bad service. It always starts out good, with a quick order and drinks, but then the waiters always seem to totally disappear and we've had to flag down other waiters, or the food runners - none of whom will serve us if it's not their table - and ask them to please find our waiter for us. My choice, I don't go there and wouldn't recommend it to others because of the bad service. This restaurant needs to up their customer service and staff training. Lack of customers in the place every time we've been there should tell them something.

• Visited April 2013