When I booked my stay at this hotel, I did my homework. I knew, or at least I thought I knew, what to expect. I selected this hotel due to its fairly positive reviews, new renovation work, and close proximity to a wedding I was attending near by.
First off, the postivies: The location worked out well. The building was nice and clearly had been updated. The girls running the front desk were very nice and friendly. Customer service isn't a problem at this hotel. They are also pet friendly, which was another big reason why I went with this hotel.
Now the negatives: The biggest negative was the room itself. Yes, it was refurbished. The flat screen TV was nice, but the room was beyond small. It only had two double beds in it and we jammed in there wall to wall. My son's small crib/play-yard provided by the hotel (which isn't very big) took up the remaining breathing room. It was horrible. I would have been in an larger, upgraded room, but this wasn't allowed due to the pets. So our room was the very basic one.
The play-yard was just laying on our bedroom floor - not set up. No linens for it were provided. I asked the front desk girls for some and they seemed surprised. I have no idea why. Who in their right mind would want their child sleeping on a bare mattress!
The biggest negative (and I mean big!) was how noisy the room was. I was in room 117, right off of the front desk. The employees entrance door was right across the hall pretty much from our room's door. We listened to their door slam shut all night. We listening to their partial conversations (some work related, some not) around the door. We listed to the cleaning ladies and carts all moving about in this area for whatever reason. Our son woke from all of this noise too many times to count. When morning finally hit we were exhausted and drained from our sleepless night. It was the worst sleeping experience I have ever had in any hotel in my life. I couldn't wait to get out of there.
The girls at the front didn't ask how our stay was so I didn't let them know what a nightmare it was. I just wanted out of there. Now perhaps there are other more soundproof rooms available, because surely there are rooms with more space! However, when the lights were out in the room you could see a substantial amount of light beaming in around the bedroom door. The bedroom doors are definitely not tightly sealed to help with the noise.
Next time in Lethbridge, I will definitely try the Holiday Inn Express, which is also pet friendly. Other guests of the wedding stayed there and were pleased with the hotel and their accomodations.
At least we were only there for one night, I don't think I could have handled any additional sleepless nights!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre is easily accessible to everything Lethbridge has to offer, a short walking distance from the renowned Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden, Henderson Lake and Henderson Lake Golf Course. Just a short drive away are numerous other parks, wetlands, golf courses and the University of Lethbridge, all surrounding the Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre.The hotel has modern, luxurious guest rooms with 32" flat panel TV's, fridge, microwave and coffee centre and a selection of suites have fireplaces and in-suite jacuzzis. On-site amenities like the indoor pool with hot tub, fitness centre, available in-room movies, gaming lounge, and the Firestone Restaurant & Bar keep guests entertained and coming back for more.With meeting and banquet rooms capable of accommodating 10 - 850 guests, including a 9,000 square foot grand ballroom complete with chandeliers, the Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre makes an ideal venue for corporate training sessions, conferences and special events. Whether for leisure or work, the Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre will take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coast Lethbridge Hotel And Conference Centre
- Travelodge Lethbridge
- Travel Lodge Lethbridge
- Lethbridge Travelodge
- Lethbridge Travel Lodge
- Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Alberta