All reviews firestone restaurant great hotel banquet room onsite restaurant comfortable room family wedding enjoyed my stay front desk staff great room lots of parking stay there again pleasant stay business trip pool and hot tub amenities lotion pet
Selected filters
Reviewed December 11, 2016

Compared to newer hotels in Lethbridge, The Coast (although clean, and nice looking) just doesn't compare in regards to space and amenities. Many rooms seem crowded or improperly laid out, there is no breakfast, no complimentary coffee available in the lobby, etc. It's an okay hotel. But it seems overpriced for what you get now.

Date of stay: December 2016
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels
Curtis B, General Manager at Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2016

Hello 985lindseyc and thank you for your candid comments about your recent stay with us at the Coast Lethbridge Hotel.

It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your stay as much as you could have and I do hope that we see you again in the future. I would like to touch on a couple of points that you mentioned. Although breakfast is not included in the rate, the Firestone Restaurant which is located on site is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...something that many of the limited service hotels do not offer their guests since they only have breakfast rooms in their hotels. Also, we do have a commercial Keurig single cup coffee machine located right at the front desk, with a number of coffee's and teas available for our guests on a complimentary basis.

As always, we do appreciate receiving feedback of any kind from our guests because their opinion matters to us. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did.

Reviewed November 5, 2016

Be careful when booking at this hotel! I was ripped off by booking on-line using the hotel website--the advertised $84 room ended up costing me $149C+: this Canadian hotel room was priced in $US, there was a non-refundable $US15 booking fee and the credit card company charges a premium to convert to $C. When I complained, I was advised, and correctly so- that all of this is explained in the on-line users-agreement! If you really must stay here, use caution in making the reservation, or you too will end up paying way more than you expect. The hotel itself provided an otherwise average overnight stay and experience.

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank DougofCalgary
Curtis B, General Manager at Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2016

Thank you DougofCalgary for submitting your review. I have a few questions about what you have said as it raises many questions with me. I would like to know what on-line booking site you used as I am almost certain that it was not at the official Coast Hotels website so if that is not the case, where did you book? The official site only quotes Canadian dollars and does not charge a booking fee so that there can be no confusion on what is charged. Can I assume that you booked at some 3rd party website? If so, which one? There are so many 3rd party websites available for the consumer to use that it is nearly impossible to control what is offered through each one. As I have said, I would be curious to know what site you booked on that quotes such rates and adds fees that you have mentioned. This is not typical of the online bookings that are completed through our official site.

Reviewed October 27, 2016

We stayed at the Coast for a family wedding. The older part of the hotel has been refurbished but the room was so small we didn't think we could manage. For very little extra money, we switched to a wonderful room in the new section that was as big as a suite. It was a very pleasant, comfortable stay, and the ballroom, where the wedding was held, was wonderful. The staff was very helpful (I was in charge of table decoration) and the buffet was fabulous! I loved the deserts! The wedding reception went off without a hitch. The restaurant in the hotel was very nice - good food and service. It was a great weekend stay!

Room tip: Rooms in the new section, on the left side of the lobby are bigger and more comfortable.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank TaliaP2013
Curtis B, General Manager at Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2016

On behalf of the Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre, I would like to thank you for taking time to provide positive feedback on the hotel, and with your experience while staying with us.

It is always great to hear when a guest has had such a good stay with us that they would like to share their thoughts with others. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Coast Lethbridge Hotel.

Reviewed October 20, 2016

I have stayed at the Coast multiple times over the last year. It it a very clean updated property and once their wifi is updated so that one can load pages and look at websites fully loaded, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Date of stay: October 2016
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels
Curtis B, General Manager at Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2016

It was great to hear from you albertacf and I would like to thank you for providing the feedback of your recent stay with us at the Coast Lethbridge Hotel.

It is always such a pleasure for us as a hotel to know when we have repeat guest's who stay with us. I can address the WiFi situation as we are currently in the process of waiting for our service provider to update us to a much faster alternative and it should be in place by the end of the year.

We look forward to seeing you again at the Coast Lethbridge Hotel.

Reviewed October 19, 2016

I routinely stay at the Coast now because it is clean and quiet and predictable. And I appreciate the good senior discount. Ask for this at the desk! It is also within walking distance of Henderson Lake, so when you can get away from meetings, there is a lovely, peaceful place to walk within a few blocks.

Date of stay: October 2016
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels
Curtis B, General Manager at Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2016

It was great to hear from you hikingprof and I would like to thank you for providing the feedback of your recent stay with us at the Coast Lethbridge Hotel.

It is always such a pleasure for us as a hotel to know that our guest's have enjoyed themselves so much while staying with us.

We look forward to seeing you again at the Coast Lethbridge Hotel.