“Not as good as last time...”

Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed at the Coast in Lethbridge for the third time in the past year on business, and this was my longest stay yet (a week). The room was fine, no problems there. Last time I had a terrific experience with the front desk - the staff remembered my name, etc. This time not really. The hot tub was broken the entire time I was there, and there did not seem to be much of a concern about fixing it. Twice when I inquired at the front desk the ladies working did not even know it was broken! They would tell me that it must be working because they had no notes, so I would trek across the lobby (hate that) with my swimsuit on only to discover that the hot tub was cold.

I found Roger, the Bell Captain, to be very lovely. Waiting to greet me as I came in each day and give me an update on the hot tub situation (what can I say, the hot tub is the high point of being in Lethbridge on business!).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
DosSales, Director of Sales at Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

I would like to thank you for your candid comments with regards to your last stay with us at the Coast Lethbridge Hotel. We are pleased that you would have chosen to stay with us on a repeat basis and certainly appreciate all that you have said.

We acknowledge the fact that you caught us during a time when our hot tub had been experiencing mechanical issues. Our intention is to always correct something like that as quickly as possible which we attempted to do, and in fact thought that we had, only to discover that another issue came to the forefront. This caused some confusion as to when it was supposedly operating again which, clearly, it was not. You have pointed out something very valuable as a lesson to us and that is our communication within all departments was lacking and we need to make certain those instances are eliminated. As our Front Desk ambassadors are our frontline contact with our guests, it is absolutely critical that they have the latest and most accurate information to pass along.

I would invite you to contact me directly the next time you are going to be in Lethbridge so that I can personally take care of your reservation. Once again I would like to thank you on behalf of the Coast Lethbridge Hotel not only for your comments but for choosing us as your hotel of choice in Lethbridge.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

When I arrived I was a little early to check in but they accommodated me, got my check in done and I had to only wait a few minutes for my room to be ready.

The room was decorated nicely, in modern decor. The bathroom, although small, was nicely decorated and easy to get to what was needed. The tub was a good size and the shower worked well and I always had hot water.

I used the fitness facility as well and it had fairly modern equipment and the ones I used worked well. Small flat screen televisions hung on the wall in front of each item. There were no towels when I arrived at the fitness facility, which would have been a nice touch.

I had supper in the Firestone Restaurant and will evaluate this as well, but suffice to say it was delicious.

Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2012

this hotel is recently renovated. i have stayed on 2 occasions and found the beds quite comfortable.get directions to your room! the layout is twisted and can provide long walks if you go wayward. if you are remotely disabled- as i am- caution on weird floor elevations disguised by patterned carpet. the ammenities were good too. utilized the restaurant several times. for a value stay this hotel is ok. wifi in rooms and a business centre in the lobby.

Room Tip: tell them not to put you across from an ice maker or vending machine. when i walked by the ice i was...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
DosSales, Director of Sales at Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

On behalf of the Management and team of the Coast Lethbridge Hotel we would like to thank you very much for your comments regarding the hotel. You mentioned the noise coming from the vending and ice machines and I would let you know that we are currently looking at options to try to damper sound being emitted from them.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to hosting you during your next stay in Lethbridge.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

We stayed for one night at the Coast Lethbridge in early January. I had read some positive reviews and was looking forward to seeing it in person. The rooms were really clean and modern with new furnishings and comfortable beds. Although they are a little snug, it was not something that would keep me from coming back. The food in the adjoining restaurant was absolutely delicious! It was hard to decide on which dish to order. Everything sounded so good. I would definitely stay in this hotel again when in Lethbridge.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Teadro
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Stayed in the executive suite. Nicely redone, very clean. Front desk called up minutes after check in to see if I needed anything which was nice. Room had 2 big TVs, however VERY dim. I was trying to get ready for an evening out and the room did not make it easy. Lighting in the entire room was dim but the bathroom is pale at best (plus the fan stays on if the light is on DRIVES ME CRAZY). There are no 3 way mirrors anywhere. I called down to the concierge to inquire about getting a makeup mirror to the room or more light. He was not very friendly, said he didn't think they had anything like that but would look. I never heard back from him. The view from our room was of the roof (which was hideous and we could look directly into another room).

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a review on your recent stay at the Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre. You have commented on the lighting in the room and the fact that the bathroom fan stays on when the light is on. We realize, as you have said, that these two items are extremely important to people and are therefore in the process of correcting both of these points. We are installing additional lighting in those rooms deemed to be "too dim", including some washrooms. Also, we have already changed over some of the bathroom wiring to accommodate two different switches...one for the lights and a second one for the bathroom fan. These changes should be complete in the coming months.

Your comment about inquiring with the front desk about the possibility of getting a makeup mirrior to the room and not hearing back from anyone - or that the person did not seem very friendly - is very troubling to us. We pride ourselves on the high level of service that we provide at this hotel and would assure you that we have looked into this matter and addressed the need for follow up with the guest in all situations.

Thank you again for your comments as we continue our pursuit of being the premiere hotel in Lethbridge.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

The room was modern, quiet and clean, though a tad small if it was for two. Reception was very good and dealt with two special requests very well. The Firestone grill restaurant was handy (via lobby) so I did not have to go out in -20 weather. I had all my meals there and each one was very good. Pool and hot tub area looked inviting, but I did not have a chance to use the facility.

Room Tip: Ii had friends stay here at the same time and I heard no complaints.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I spent the weekend at a conference at the Coast Hotel and Conference Center in Lethbridge. We arrived on Friday evening and were checked in promptly. The bellman assisted us with our luggage to the room, which was a delightful suprise. This hotel has been recently renovated and is beautifully done. Our room had two queen beds, a hide a bed, two tv's, a mini fridge and microwave. The decor was very modern, and the room was immaculate. The mirrored closet door came off its track so I let the front desk know... when I returned to the room a while later it was repaired. The hotel staff was always friendly, the meals provided for the conference were AMAZING for convention food. I would definitely book here the next time I visit Lethbridge.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor and was quiet even though we faced Mayor McGrath Dr. I was in a cou...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
DosSales, Director of Sales at Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Let me begin by saying how much we appreciate all of your feedback. We, as the team of management and staff, have always taken great pride in this hotel and not only our product but the service we provide. An example of this level of service is the bellman that you referred to - a first for any of the local hotels and something that we are currently experimenting with to see how it goes over. You also mentioned the food that you experienced during your conference...this also is a source of great pride as our in-house catering provides some of the best meals you will find in the city.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to having you back with us for your next stay.