All reviews toast room was clean hard boiled eggs waffles cereal beds
Selected filters
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

I have never written a negative review before. I have also never switched motel rooms before. But this weekend I did. Three times.

We booked this motel because it had a good location with non-smoking rooms available and an outdoor pool on a very hot weekend.

We raised our eyebrows at the price - 90 a night, which seemed high for the type of establishment - but figured we would give it a try.

We shouldn't have.

Friday night we check in. Our room is large. 292. The TV is broken. There was sound but no picture. Weird, but whatever. We booked a motel mostly just to sleep. But the higher price bothers me so for the first time in my life, I brought the problem to the attention of the front desk staff in the morning. We were on our way out, but they said they knew that room had a broken TV and could not understand why the previous night's staff booked me in there. They offered to have us switch rooms when we came back. No problem.

That afternoon we came back and switched rooms 294. The room - non-smoking - reeked of cigarettes. It was also missing a lampshade on the main lamp... and.... the TV was broken. The same issue.

Immediately they moved us into another room. 290. The room was way smaller, but the TV worked.

I don't even really care about tv... and by now I'm wishing I'd never said anything. I honestly just figured they should know before the next patron comes through. The AC doesn't work as well in the new room, but there is a pool and this was the first day it was in use, so we went down to check it out. That was fine.

We come back to the room and get in after a couple tries. Go out to supper. Come back... neither of our key cards work. Not even but working... the light doesn't turn red or anything. The lock doesn't read the card at all.

I go get new key cards. The exact same thing. I go back. Once again. The same thing. But this time - 3rd set now - one gave a little blink and we jumped on it and got in. By now the front desk staff is making her way up with another key card, just to have a backup.

We go to a movie. Come back. Not a single card of the 3 works. The lock isnt reading anything. After 10 minutes of trying, I go to the front desk and explain the situation. They rekey them but do follow me to the room. Sure enough, none of them work. Not reading them at all. Not even a blink. So the guy just lets us in with his old-fashioned key. The other worker who came with him mentioned that this was the second room this happened to this night.

The staff was always pleasant in all of this, but really... come on. I imagine a new owner trying to fix things, and new staff, and everything, most be difficult. But I could have paid a few dollars more and stayed somewhere nice. Or several dollars less and stayed somewhere on the same level but with everything that works.

Positives: polite staff, pool, comfy beds
Negatives: everything else.

I've never been so disappointed and frustrated in staying somewhere, and I'm generally fairly easy-going. The staff tried to help and accommodate the issues, but there is only so much they can do.

If you have rooms with these issues, don't rent them out! Fix up a few rooms and rent those only while working on the others. By renting rooms with major problems, you're just trying to screw us out of our money.

3 rooms, 3 issues. Missing cords, lampshades, broken TVs and locks.

I'm sorry we booked here. We spent more than we ever have on a motel and had more issues than we've ever had. Disappointing, ridiculous, and frustrating.

I'm sorry for the staff who have to deal with all of this.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank krysta18
Reviewed May 9, 2018

we arrived by motorcycles - our reception was friendly and accommodating. our bikes were parked right outside our room. the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. the manager was very informative and helpful. we would definitely stay here again on our way through town.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2018

Spend 2 nights here. The second was the worst in my life. The laudy neighbors arrived at the moment I went to sleep (around 11pm) with a screaming and crying child. They didn't check in the child so at the reception they didn't know they had a child with. I went to complain 5 times over the night about the noise that came from their room. They couldn't get figured where it came from. I was moved to another room at 5am, while I had to leave at 7am. When I had just moved all my stuff to the other room the noise makers left. I was told I would get a refund for the one night I had no sleep, I had to call the manager. After weeks of calling the motel I finally got a call back from a very rude manager who told me to call the website that I booked on. Ohh that wasn't told that I had to do that till that day. So I was late, too late said the website and the motel doesn't answer the website about the matter. Means they don't care! Never again.

Room tip: don't choose this place as they don't care about their guests
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Taros
Reviewed September 29, 2017

There were balls of hair in the shower. There was an issue with our room and they asked us to pay extra for a different room. We were on the phone with expedia and all three parties agreed on a price. The next day we found out the charged us more than the agreed upon price without our permission and they would not refund it.

Our room was 40ºF(4ºC), it was so cold. We asked them to turn on the heater and they said that heaters won't be turned on until 9:30pm. We were so extremely cold and uncomfortable in our room and had to wear all our layers. It was to the point where we couldn't take it anymore as we are all seniors. They told us to deal with it and we were the only ones complaining. The temperature in our room was a little above freezing! Front desk was very unaccommodating and rude.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank EvelynJ57
Reviewed July 17, 2017

This was not our first choice but were pleasantly surprised by the location. The rooms are basic and come with a fridge, micro wave, clock, iron, blow dryer and air conditioner. It is located across the street from a beautiful rose garden and the Japanese Gardens. There is also a water park within a block that is a good size with lots of room and a concession. Henderson Lake is within walking distance and a short drive to downtown.
The downside was the Continental Breakfast was disappointing with only 2 juices, 2 selections of fruit, 1 flavor of yogurt, coffee tea. There is a TV in each room but there was no list of channels you receive, we had to go though and make a list of channels.

Date of stay: July 2017