“Poolside doesn't necessarily mean that!”

Days Inn - Lethbridge
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Lethbridge, Canada
“Poolside doesn't necessarily mean that!”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I specifically called the hotel directly to make sure we got what I consider a poolside room. Apparently "poolside" to them means anything with a pool view. We were told our room was upstairs which was not what I requested. When I explained, again, what I wanted we were changed to an actual poolside room. The only problem was the only rooms on the main floor only had double beds, not queen. The room was VERY small. Thank goodness we could use the tables in the courtyard. Like I said the room was small and dated. However I did find it very quiet and never heard any noise from the courtyard or the rooms beside us.
Our kid's loved the pool and waterslide. I personally found the pool temperature to be a little too warm as the entire courtyard was very hot, It was 30 degrees out so would've been nice to swim in a cooler pool.
Breakfast was ok, nothing special and only toast, bagels or waffles avaiable for hot food. No donuts, danishes or yogurt. The man running the buffet was very nice to the kids and even made balloon animals. (When I commented to the front desk staff I was told he is the owner of the hotel) Nice touch but I still not a great breakfast!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
DIManager, Manager at Days Inn - Lethbridge, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to let us know where improvements are needed. I am glad that our staff was able to change your reservation in order to accommodate your requests. Unfortunately, all of our rooms with 2 Queen beds are on the second floor of the hotel, which does overlook the pool and so we do consider that "poolside", even though you do have to go downstairs. We would also like you to know that we are planning some upgrades to our breakfast selection to include more hot foods like sausage and eggs in the next couple of weeks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Within easy walking distance of shops, malls and eateries. A reasonable continental breakfast is provided in the enclosed Courtyard area. We stayed there at a busy time and had no problems with service. Didn't use pool or large hot tub but this is ideal for people travelling with children.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed at the Days Inn for a sports tournament. It was a great venue. The free breakfast was a nice treat. They bent over backwards to accommodate our team and gave us a group rate, even though they weren't compelled to.

The hotel was conveniently located. It was in good shape, overall. The courtyard, water-slides, and pool are really nice. The breakfast (while nothing elaborate) works for me. It gets you going in the morning.

The room we had was a wee little room, with two beds - but considering we were only there to sleep it was just fine.

I've stayed at other hotels in Lethbridge (even the iconic Lethbridge Lodge, next door) before and I'd definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Close to everything...right downtown within walking distance of most amenities. Decent breaky buffet with fresh made waffles e ery morning. Rooms were clean and bed was reasonably comfortable but it definitely wasnt a luxury accommodation. Room reminded me of Earl's place from the show My Name Is Earl... Great sunsets over the rail bridge most nights while sitting in the hot tub and great access to all the scenic walking trails along the coulee.
Based on the extra would rate it a 3+ but it comes back down to earth with a 2.5 based on the rooms. Would I go back.... yes.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank GregorSue
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2011

This hotel lived up to the high standards of the Days Inn chain in many ways, with a very helpful receptionist and a functional breakfast, it loses marks for ease of access to the rooms. Many hotels don’t seem to realise that their international guests are likely to have a fair bit of luggage, but with this hotel being tucked away in an upper floor room meant a climb up stairs followed by a struggle through a heavily sprung corridor door before getting access to the corridor on which the room is located.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor rooms above reception
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
The Prairies
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Stayed one night with our doggie. Lovely location at the top of a ravine with good, though steep, walking paths. Desk clerk and breakfast staff both very helpful and friendly. Pool looked good but we didn't take time for a swim.
ey, it's a Day's Inn, not a luxury resort, but it was comfortable and quiet. Would make a point of stopping in Lethbridge rather than Medicine Hat in order to stay here again.

Room Tip: back side is quieter!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Coronation, Alberta
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Would never stay there again. The room was small the water wouldn't get hot and the shower was covered in something slimy and was muddy. I complained the front desk at check out and she couldn't have cared less. She just said oh sorry for that and how will you be paying. Makes you wonder if the shower was that dirty what was else was hiding in the room that I didn't see. My husband and I will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jean2259
DIManager, Manager at Days Inn - Lethbridge, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
It is very unfortunate that you had a bad experience at our hotel. While we do strive to maintain high to excellent cleanliness standards and have won awards for our Housekeeping from the Alberta Hotel and Lodging Association, sometimes the little details do get missed. I would like you to know that we are currently in the process of decalcifying and/or replacing every showerhead in every room in our hotel after having our water heater replaced last year, which does often cause some buildup in the pipes. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get to the shower in your room before you were checked in to it. This will not be a problem for any guest in the future as we are just finishing up this week. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will give us another chance to serve you.