All reviews wave pool waterpark area restaurant attached hot tub family suite on site restaurant the check in process separate bedroom great pool excellent place to stay would stay here again dukes slides smittys microwave canada
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here one night and although my kids will beg to come back because of the water slides and wave pool, I will not book here unless I hear of two things: Deep Clean or Remodel! The room had multiple stains in the carpet and upholstery. The stairwell was filthy. And normally when you walk into a hotel there is some kind of feel of interior design in the lobby, promoting your expectations for your stay and giving a first impression. Well the lobby feels out of place, unappealing, disorganized. I think it’s time to remodel. Plus it was very expensive for the conditions and the fact that there was NO breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
DCallEdmonton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2019

Thank you for the feedback.

We have shared the details with the team.

Reviewed April 18, 2019

We stayed at this hotel for hockey provincials. The hotel is nice, clean, centrally located, and has a large water park as the swimming area that is well supervised. The one area for improvement is the lack of staff at the front desk. On three occasions (and I only stayed there 2 nights) a few of us were waiting at the front desk with no staff present for 5-7 minutes. That doesn't seem right. Even when I checked in I had to wait a few minutes until a staff member came around from the back office area. When an employee (named CJ) finally did come to the desk, the check in process was very quick. I was not told about the water park, not offered my swimming bracelets I needed for the water park, not told about the breakfast in the morning...I had to find all these things out on my own.
The breakfast was nice and offered plenty of variety, and the attendant made sure to re-fill items before they ran out which was nice. Apparently the breakfast is only offered to teams staying over, not regular hotel guests.
The price to stay here was very expensive, when you compared it to comparable hotels with waterslides in the area.

Room tip: Not facing the pool.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
DCallEdmonton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2019

Thank you for the feedback.

We taken note of your comments and are reviewing them as a team.

Reviewed April 18, 2019

This used to be a pretty nice place to stay. They had the steak restaurant next door and it was in a handy location. Having stayed at the Staybridge Hotel in Red Deer with pets and all it's perks and extras I have been spoiled, Nothing might come cl,ose from now on. This place was certainly nothing to write home about. It's bare bones basic.
The steak place has been closed for years yet the signs are all still up. They told me a Tony Romas was going in there. I hope they can do a decent breakfast because otherwise - who cares,

The pet friendly room I got was old and the carpet a mess. The bed was OK though,. There was nothing in this room just a TV, coffee machine and fridge but no microwave which was a surprise.

Personally I have come to prefer a hotel that offers breakfast and a few extras that make my business travel a little easier. I see this hotel is catering to those who have kids and want the pool and water slide over those other things I have come to expect,

Lethbridge really lacks a few great places to stay.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

Hi Donna M,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments about your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our valued guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I am happy to read you liked the comfort of our beds.

We invite joy in everything we do and make sure that everything always works. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received. We want you to be comfortable when staying with us, I have forwarded your comment to the upper management, as it allows us to monitor and improve our accommodation continually.

Please come back soon, we'd like to show you our improvements.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed March 18, 2019 via mobile

Impromptu over night in Lethbridge on a road trip with our 2 year old. We would stay and splash again. I’d rate the water park a 4/5- was what we needed, slides, wave pool, hot tub and little kid splash area. We used it all and was age appropriate for our child who wants to do it all. Room was spacious and comfortable. The restaurant was under Renos and no complimentary breakfast but that’s ok. Very nice staff and by booking the room at the front desk we got a better deal than the ones advertised online.

Trip type: Traveled with family
DCallEdmonton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Thank you so much for the feedback.

We are delighted the last minute trip was a success and the family enjoyed the water park amenities.

We do hope to welcome you back soon to the Holiday Inn Lethbridge.

Reviewed March 5, 2019

We needed a pet friendly place to stay as our usual hotel was booked up. They recommended this hotel. It was a good experience as we got our checkout extended until 4 pm. If the weather was better the grandkids could have made use of the two water slides but with the extremely cold temperatures they were shut down, they loved the pools and the wave pool anyway. It was nice to see they had lifeguards on duty too.The rooms were large and clean but I think they need to steam clean the hallways especially the four inch carpet going up the sides as our dog kept noticing the smell there. Mr. Mikes was shut down but there are plenty of other restaurants nearby to try.Unfortunately we were just across from the elevators and had some noise issues for a bit.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
DCallEdmonton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2019

Thank you for the feedback.

We appreciate the nice comments on the experience staying here at the hotel and hope to welcome you back soon.