All reviews wave pool waterpark area restaurant attached hot tub family suite on site restaurant the check in process separate bedroom great pool excellent place to stay would stay here again dukes slides smittys microwave canada
Selected filters
Reviewed November 25, 2016

I have stayed here a number of times and this time I stayed because I was travelling with my dog. I got a very good rate here - the other Holiday Inn had a very similar rate so choose based on location, as they are similar except for the free breakfast. This one doesn't have the free breakfast but is located right across the street from all the fast food places you are familiar with and has Mike's Steak place there at the hotel which will serve you a more formal breakfast if you like.
Two problems here though. One - the room I was given was OK except it faced the pool area. The room was hot and temperature tricky to set with a noisy fan.
My dog sniffed out garbage on the floor withing the first 20 minutes of arrival. Three times I had to pull something out of his mouth that he found near the bed to chew on. Not cool (see photo of bottle cap, plastic hang tag off something & the wrapper off of a tub of hummus) Makes me wonder how clean these rooms are - one of a traveler's biggest concerns. The grounds need to be cleaned up a little - lots of garbage around I noticed.
At midnight I had to pack up & move to another room because of the loud "engine like" noise coming through the wall. The clerk who came up with my new room key agreed it was loud but had no idea what it was.
Finally to sleep in a better room.

Room tip: Be sure the room is right before you get settled in. They will move you if they need to.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2016

Dear Donna M,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are pleased to know you liked the location of our hotel. On the other hand, we would like to apologize for the experience you had with the noise and the cleanliness of the first room you received. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M

Reviewed November 14, 2016

A great big thank you to all your staff , more so Kelsea at guest services . The staff ensure that all of our wedding reservations had no issues. Thanks again Kelsea. The rooms were a clean and comfortable , mr Mike restaurant was good.

Room tip: Great location , and walking distance to all amenities
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2016

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for a wedding. The check in process was TERRIBLE. It took over 30 minutes to check in. The man behind the counter was clearly struggling and the young girl working there would not help him and instead left despite the line up being out the door. Not only that, she made a rude comment to the guests in line. Not what you want from a hotel if you are trying to make a good first impression.

The rest of the stay was ok at best. The room was nice, and the bed was comfortable. It is on a busy road and there was lots of road noise so it doesn't make the best sleeping conditions.

Also, there was a big Halloween party in the bar attached to the hotel and the patrons were in the lobby and were very loud and using foul language. Something to consider if you have young kids and are trying to "run the gauntlet".

The pool and waterslides looked very good, but be aware that they are also open to the public so the pool was very busy. They had a sign saying that they were not having public admittance the weekend we were there because the hotel was at capacity. This was not true as we saw numerous groups enter the pool from outside while we were in our 30 minute check in delay.

Overall, we will not stay here again. We got a good deal on the rate because of the wedding but there are better options in Lethbridge.

Room tip: Make sure to get a room away from the busy road.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2016

Dear UncleRJ,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I appreciate you choosing our hotel to celebrate your wedding and glad to hear you found our room nice and bed comfortable. However, I am sorry to hear about your experience at our property due to the level of service at check in. I hope you will believe me when I say that your experience is not the norm in our hotel. Please accept our deepest apologies for the poor experience with the noise levels and for any shortcomings with the pool and water slides privilege provided. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to serving you again soon and provide you a better experience.

Zelyn N.

Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

The water slides were down for repairs and maintenance. Not a big deal but this was not reflected on their website or mentioned by the booking agent. It was a big reason for us staying there. Whoever is in charge of their website and disseminating information to the public is not doing their job.

In fairness to them they comped us but we had 2 pretty dissapointed kids.

Based on this experience I would not stay there again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2016

Dear powderhoundbrr,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with excellent service and accommodations, however, we regret to read that in this case, you feel we have fallen short of your expectations due to the maintenance of the Water Park. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Grace P.

Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

Cute little place and near downtown. No issues with anything. Staff was a little abrupt but an overall good experience. I would stay here again. I like lethbridge as a city it's nice and has a hometown feel.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Brent B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

Thank-you very much for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us Alex. I'm sorry if the staff came across a little sharp but I will deinfitely provide that feedback to our team. we certainly do love the feeling Lethbridge offers our guests, it's a city but still very much a small town. Hopefully we will see you again during your next stay in Lethbridge.