“Overnight at the other Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Lethbridge

You added Holiday Inn Lethbridge to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Lethbridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2375 Mayor Magrath Drive South | Hwy 4 & Mayor Magrath Drive, Lethbridge, Alberta T1K 7M1, Canada (Formerly Ramada Hotel and Suites Lethbridge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
St. Albert, Canada
“Overnight at the other Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I usually stay at the Express but thought I would give the other Holiday Inn a look see. This hotel seems bigger than the express and offers a different experience. The room I had overlooked the very large pool area. Its one of the bigger pools that I have seen in my travels. Great for kids to have some fun.
My room was very large and featured a separate bedroom. I don't normally comment on the bathroom but it was laid out very well with an additional sink outside of the bathroom.
Upon entering the room I noticed a slight smell of the pool as my room overlooked the pool area with a balcony. This was unnoticable once I was in the room for a short period of time.
The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. As typical with most hotels the room was quite warm without putting on the air conditioning. At least the A/C wasn't noisy and provided a quiet white noise.
Overall, a very nice, well kept hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tiffany S, Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Travellfar,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay with us. I'm glad to see you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel rooms and bathrooms. The water park facility is definitely a huge draw for families visiting the area. I hope you get another chance to return to Lethbridge and enjoy our facility as well.

Sincerly

Tiffany

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Calgary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Pool area was great for the kids, the thing that soured me up is that we paid more for a suite, the hotel did not mention that the bedroom with the king size bed was next to the elevator shaft. All you could hear was the humming from when the elevator was going up and down. Hotel booked for almost a month and when we checked in at 4pm we were told we had to wait for our room as the people prior to us had a late check in. Moved us from suite 241 to 223, 241 did not have the elevators go through it. A little heads up would be appreciated. Not impressed. Otherwise, clean rooms and comfy beds.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear ras59,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our valued guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We are glad to read you liked the hotel pool. However, we are sorry some aspects did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with the room allocation due to the noise elevator. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for posting your comments.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Lethbridge hotels

Okotoks, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Check in was quick BUT when I compared the online pricing through online trip booking-won't mention name-the price was higher and was going to charge for additional family members to stay in room--Hotel does not charge additional fees for additional family. We stayed in a suite which accomodates up to 8. Room was clean. Beds were comfy. Even though we overlooked the pool area we could not hear the activity from the room. No meals or continental breakfast included but small fridge and microwave in room. Separate sink/vanity as well as full bathroom was nice as well. Close to shopping.

Room Tip: Book directly with hotel to get a better rate. Not all rooms have windows to outdoors but the inter...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

we stayed here for a hockey tournament the weekend of January 25, 2013. check in was fast, stayed on 3rd floor interior room, view of waterpark, 1st mistake, rooms is sooo hot and humid, cranked air conditioner, didnt work, just sucked in more warm air from the pool im guessing, tried to switch rooms, but there were 2 or 3 other teams staying there, was told there was no rooms available at the time. No Breakfast included, but hey do have a Mr |Mikes, if you have early hockey games, your going to have to g somewhere else to eat, as even though it says it opens at a certain it didnt for us, the door was closed and upon entering i was asked how i got in i said the door was unlocked, and she asked me who unlocked it???!!!!!! Wifi worked grea tin rooms, took my ipad , upon returning to my room after going to hockey, room was made up and charger for my ipad was "missing". my fault for leaving it out.lesson learned i did fill out the survey and informed them of all this, and have recieved no follow up.

Room Tip: if you stay here, make sure you ask for a exterior room.
2 Thank Pamela M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Pamela M,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Lethbridge. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Adrian D.
EDMONTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Used to stay here for work trips when it was the previous owners. Since the change of brands this was my first stay. All in all, not bad, but I do miss the free breakfasts that Holiday inn's usually have. The attached restaurant is okay, but for breakfast, I want something simple and easy. Ended up going to Tim's the second day morning.
One other issue I ran into is the lack or wired Internet in the rooms. My regular laptop died and I had to resort to my old coal powered. One without a wireless card. No wireless card, no net access for me. And the front desk did not have a loaner wifi card.
Over all, service was good and quick, the room was nice, but the cleaners missed cleaning the outside of the toilet bowl and there was a residue left behind from a prior guest.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Falling_Ken,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We just returned from a weekend in Lethbridge, we stayed at the Holiday Inn with our minor hockey team. It was a wonderful experience. My family stayed in a suite (room 230) and there was more than enough space for the 4 of us. There were 2 Queen beds and 2 hide-a-beds. Our boys really enjoyed having their own hide-a-beds. The room was clean and spacious.

The waterpark was the selling point for our team. It was the main reason we chose to stay there. There was also another minor hockey team staying at the holiday and with that many kids you'd think the hotel would have been noisy and chaotic but it was very pleasant. The kids really enjoyed their stay, it is the perfect hotel to stay in if you are travelling with kids.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I haven't stayed here in a few years, not since it was running as a Ramada. The front desk staff were nice and check in went smoothly and quickly which is always a pro. Our room looked pretty good at first glance, it appeared that they had made some updates such as new bathroom counters and what was possibly new carpet. When you looked closer though you realized that while some things had been replaced and updated many things had not. The bathroom wall paper was peeling in the corners due to humidity and looked older than the hills. The ceiling in the bathroom was literally yellow....and we noticed other small things like cracked tile and a cracked tub among a few other things. Not that I expect perfection, just making note of it. Our room had three beds and a pull out and one of the comforters had yellow stains all over it, I know that the average hotel does NOT wash anything but sheets and maybe pillow cases for each guest but a yellowing comforter, come on. One of the beds in the room was terribly uncomfortable and might as well have had rocks for pillows because they were so firm. The set up of the room was nice, a family suite with two rooms in one. Very handy for those with kids, no one even had to share a bed. All in all it was alright, had its pros and cons. The location was nice, a variety of stores and restaurants all within a few minutes.

• 4 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear fishy1121,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B