“Good place to stay”

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
EDMONTON
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Used to stay here for work trips when it was the previous owners. Since the change of brands this was my first stay. All in all, not bad, but I do miss the free breakfasts that Holiday inn's usually have. The attached restaurant is okay, but for breakfast, I want something simple and easy. Ended up going to Tim's the second day morning.
One other issue I ran into is the lack or wired Internet in the rooms. My regular laptop died and I had to resort to my old coal powered. One without a wireless card. No wireless card, no net access for me. And the front desk did not have a loaner wifi card.
Over all, service was good and quick, the room was nice, but the cleaners missed cleaning the outside of the toilet bowl and there was a residue left behind from a prior guest.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Falling_Ken,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We just returned from a weekend in Lethbridge, we stayed at the Holiday Inn with our minor hockey team. It was a wonderful experience. My family stayed in a suite (room 230) and there was more than enough space for the 4 of us. There were 2 Queen beds and 2 hide-a-beds. Our boys really enjoyed having their own hide-a-beds. The room was clean and spacious.

The waterpark was the selling point for our team. It was the main reason we chose to stay there. There was also another minor hockey team staying at the holiday and with that many kids you'd think the hotel would have been noisy and chaotic but it was very pleasant. The kids really enjoyed their stay, it is the perfect hotel to stay in if you are travelling with kids.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I haven't stayed here in a few years, not since it was running as a Ramada. The front desk staff were nice and check in went smoothly and quickly which is always a pro. Our room looked pretty good at first glance, it appeared that they had made some updates such as new bathroom counters and what was possibly new carpet. When you looked closer though you realized that while some things had been replaced and updated many things had not. The bathroom wall paper was peeling in the corners due to humidity and looked older than the hills. The ceiling in the bathroom was literally yellow....and we noticed other small things like cracked tile and a cracked tub among a few other things. Not that I expect perfection, just making note of it. Our room had three beds and a pull out and one of the comforters had yellow stains all over it, I know that the average hotel does NOT wash anything but sheets and maybe pillow cases for each guest but a yellowing comforter, come on. One of the beds in the room was terribly uncomfortable and might as well have had rocks for pillows because they were so firm. The set up of the room was nice, a family suite with two rooms in one. Very handy for those with kids, no one even had to share a bed. All in all it was alright, had its pros and cons. The location was nice, a variety of stores and restaurants all within a few minutes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear fishy1121,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Lethbridge at the end of December. We stayed in one of the family suites. It was great! What they don't tell you on the website is that, yes, it has three queen beds, but it also has 2 separate rooms! Perfect for travelling with kids. There are 2 in one room and one in the other, along with a couch. It was so great to be able to put the kids to bed and watch tv in our own space. The staff was great and it was very clean. The water park was awesome! Our kids had a blast on the big slides as well as in the kiddie area. My only slight complaint is that the pool was a little dirty and the hot tub jets didn't work. Other than that, I would definitely recommend and stay here again!

Room Tip: The family suite was great!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ReviewerAlli
Reviewed December 29, 2012

So disappointed in the temperature of the pool and kiddie pool. We took our toddler to the kiddie pool and he wouldn't even play in it because it was actually SO cold. They might as well drain it and not even have it running. Also the main pool feels a lot cooler than normal pools should be. Too bad because its a great space. Otherwise everything was good.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lethbridge, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Mindinlall,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience you had at the pool area. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Snicerely,

Karen C
S.E. Kentucky
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The room was very clean, decorated nice and modern, small fridge and microwave. Bed was not too firm and slept great. Low noise level. Staff at check-in were very friendly. This next statement had nothing to do with my hotel rating which I deem as Excellent. The restaurant had very good food and I was dressed casual, yet clean and neat in appearance and the waitress was very condescending and even had the kitchen to bring my plate of food. I had to chase her down to get my check and she let it be known there would be a gratuity charge as if I may have difficulty paying that???? I am a kind person and did not cause any trouble at her table and dined alone so I was not sure why she had attitude. I will never eat there again. Oh and be sure and 'dress' as jeans didnt seem to be appropriate. I have suits and ties.....just didnt think it was necessary.

Room Tip: All rooms would be perfect I think. Hotel was in nice shape.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank snippin
Olds, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night with 3 kids (6,4, and 1). Really enjoyed the pool and water park. Couldn't get the kids out of there they were having so much fun. We stayed in a suite (king/queen) which also had a sofa bed so there was plenty of room for everyone. Ordered room service for breakfast which comes from the Mr mikes restaurant attached to the hotel. Food was good and reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2012