“Great Hotel with Fun Water Park”

Holiday Inn Lethbridge
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here on our last night of a trip through Canada. It's a perfect starting point for a trip through Waterton/Glacier from the north. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly, and my kids had a blast at the water park. Also, they have family rooms available, which is perfect for our family of 5. If you are going through this part of the country, I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Lethbridge

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Holiday Inn recently took over this property from another chain. We'd stayed at this location a number of times under the old management, and were always satisfied.

The property continues to be quite satisfactory - the rooms are clean and well-maintained, and the common areas have been renovated. One amenity offered by previous management has been discontinued - the complimentary breakfast. The breakfast on offer before was more than the 'cereal and bagels' type breakfast offered at some hotels - it was very complete, and a sufficient start to the day.

The breakfast had been enough to make us overlook the slightly higher prices at this hotel, and choose it first on our visits to Lethbridge. From now on, we will certainly consider this hotel, but it won't automatically be our first choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and two kids stayed here about two years ago when it was a Ramada, and the rooms were getting quite tired as was the water park inside the hotel.

I am pleased to report that the hotel is currently going through renovations and the room we have this time is updated nicely. We have a two bedroom suite effectively, which is great for traveling with kids.

The kids are sleeping in an attached room with a flat screen TV and king sized bed (although my son is in the hotel crib which was kindly brought up by a friendly staff member).

The main room has a queen sized bed, hideabed, flat screen TV, mini fridge, and microwave. The mini fridge is worn out and a bit rusty around the edges. When traveling with kids, the mini fridge is essential to keep milk, juice, water and snacks cool.

The rooms are clean and spacious and the bed is quite inviting with bright white linens and pillows.

The attached water park has been renovated and was a lot of fun. The water was warm and the wave pool was great with lots of available free for use inner tubes. I didn't go on the two water slides but my 7 year old daughter did and she really enjoyed them - they wrap around the outside of the building.

There is a nice family restaurant attached to the hotel called Mr. Mikes. The food was good when we ate there two years ago, and it is still quite good.

I highly recommend staying at this hotel, especially if you have kids to entertain.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is my favorite hotel to stay in when i'm in lethbridge. Kids have a blast in the wave pool and waterslides ... and my youngest loves the kid play area!

Comfy beds and clean rooms.. what more can you ask for! :)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lostsok
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed because of the pool, actually we made a stop in lethbridge because of the pool. There are life guards but they could care less. I have two smaller children and worry on watersides of having them get hit because someone left to early. The lights were not working to tell people when to go. Larger and older kids were going three and four at a time with no one stopping them. I ended up watching the large mirror and telling some when the could and could not go. Mean while the life guards down below we're talking to kids of their similar age in the pool ..... Meaning I think the let their buddies in that were distracting them from their job. Then we get to our room and had the air running for hours and it still was hot and muggy. We finally phoned down to the office to complain and was given a five minute lesson on how to run an air conditioner. Explained it was on full and was not working. They said they would send someone up. Keep in mind I have two kids up still at around eleven thirty because of the heat on the opening day of our holidays. About ten to fifteen min later we get a call back asking if we would like to move rooms YES. Of course. So we had to get dressed pack up everything and move floors. I gave two stars for rectifying the room issue .... Would have been zero otherwise ....

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Easyivan
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Room was nice, clean and comfortable. Service was good. Nice business center. Food that was provided for a group dinner was very good. Staff was friendly and helpful. The water park was being remodled, so I was unable to use it.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms that front streets to reduce noise
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2012

A 13$ cab ride from the airport. My crew and I were there overnight on business and the Gov't rate was reasonable. There's a big waterpark but we arrived too late to use it. I worked out on free weights but the 3 treadmills were not the high end ones. The rooms were comfortable and spacious with soft or firm pillows. The staff were average and we used the attached Mikes restaurant for our meals. I'd probably go to the Express but this place served my needs.

Room Tip: If you want to get to sleep early, don't get a room backing onto the waterpark.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business