“Decent Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Edmonton, AB
“Decent Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

I have stayed at this property several times over the past years when it was still a Ramada. Renovations have updated and brightened the property. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The waterpark is a fun way to spend an evening and great for families. I no longer stay at this property when I am in Lethbridge since they discontinued the free continental breakfast. As a business traveler, I don't have time to waste in a restaurant with pretty slow service - I prefer a grab and go option.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed there for a few days while visiting family. Good facility. Only issue we had was with the attached restaurant, Mr. Mikes. We didn't find the breakfast to be very good, but there are many other restaurant very close by.

• Stayed July 2011
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

The staff throughout the hotel are great. I believe this place used to be a Ramada however since the change it has been a great place to stay.

The rooms are great, staff are wonderful and I really can't say any bad things about this establishment. The next time I am in Lethbridge, I'l be sure to go back to the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

love this hotel, wonderful staff and terrific water park. however when we got up in the morning to use the pool it was closed. there was no warning and so I would want to know in advance of staying if there would be a pool closure. hard on young kids

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
edmonton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

The hotel was expensive in relation to other hotels (in particular Premier Hotel next door). Paid $60 more per and no breakfast bar as they had next door. Cleaning staff rude and intrusive. When they saw activity on the day of check out, they hounded us to leave and stood by the door with the cleaning cart @ the ready. At one point (9:00 am) we pointed out that check out was 11:00am, for wwhich the reply was "we need to clean the room"

Room Tip: Stay next door
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank brookdj1

Travelers are raving about these Lethbridge hotels

Airdrie, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

The Room was great very clean and the pool was fantastic my children loved it. The only thing I would say is the front desk staff should be a little more professional when dealing with customers. As a GM I understand when it is busy that we get a little short with our customers but we should not show them or tell them our problems with management. Other then that we had a great stay and would return.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Alberta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

We spent one night at the Ramada and will never go back. We have young children and booked the Ramada because of the 'waterpark'. When we checked in at 8 p.m. our 8 year old couldn't wait to go swimming. We were shocked that there were barely any guests in the pool, but when we entered we soon discovered why... there were 4 lifeguards on duty that were 'whistle happy'. I think they've forgotten what 'fun' was in a waterpark. They ended up kicking out 4 boys from a hockey team for making a train down the slide, not sure why, the boys were just having fun (until they had to leave) - I guess the lifeguards preferred that they run up and down the hallways, which I guess is MUCH safer (and better for the other hotel guests) than making a train down the slide. Then I overheard the lifeguard giving another group of teenagers their 'third' warning (next one they were out)- I'm not sure what they did as they were playing by my daughter and I for most of the evening and appeared to be very well behaved. Immediately following their third warning the boys got out - can't say I blame them.
When we returned to our room we went to make popcorn, the microwave was dirty and the release handle stuck (microwave was old). I jumped in the shower and my skin was almost torn by the pressure of the unbalanced shower head. There was no hot water, so I had a quick shower.
The next morning my daughter tried to go swimming, there was one other person in the pool and two lifeguards on duty. She wasn't allowed to swim unless an adult was in the water with her??!!?? She's 8 years old and passed her Level 5 aquatics and we were going to sit at the side of the pool but were told no - we had to go in!?! We ended up going back to our room and checking out early - within 5 minutes the other person got out of the pool and the 2 lifeguards got to sit in their 'break' room for the rest of the morning because no one was in the pool - hmmmm wonder why??? For the exhorbinant amount of money that you have to pay to stay at this hotel it is absolutely not worth the money - oh yes, I forgot to mention that there still wasn't any hot water in the shower the next morning.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family