All reviews great hotel complimentary breakfast breakfast staff tim hortons king suite fresh fruit waffles other hotels excellent stay stay there again gas station easy access business trip stayed one night comfortable beds front desk staff parking lot
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the moment you walk through the doors to the moment to leave the service from this hotel is pure first class. The rooms are very spacious and so very clean, breakfast is like a 5 star meal catered to you and everything in this hotel in terms of decor screams high class.

There are many hotels close by to this hotel but if you stay at any of them you are fools the only place to stay is Hampton in Lethbridge.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First, the positive: Our stay was 6 nights. Our room was quiet. We didn't hear any traffic noise at all which was surprising given that the hotel is close to the highway. The room was clean on arrival, with a good number of towels, etc. Neutrogena toiletries were nice. The breakfast was good and well-stocked. The wet bar was very convenient ( we were in a king suite, top floor). The staff was very pleasant. Location was good.
The negative: The bed linens and bed. Although fairly comfortable, the mattress pad wasn't very cushy and the sheets and pillowcases were almost see-through! The top sheet barely covered the mattress top which left just the duvet for coverage.
The bathroom ventilation (not the fan ) made enough noise that we had to close the bathroom door at night.
Housekeeping was inflexible. We were staying for a family funeral. If we had a "do not disturb" hanger on our door, by 10:00 am we had a card under the door telling us that we had basically missed out on housekeeping that day. When they did clean, it was the bare minimum and not a thorough clean-up (stickiness on wet bar and bathroom vanity).

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
CraigU124, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Karla W

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I am glad your room was quiet and sound proofing worked well to keep traffic noises out from disturbing you. I am terribly sorry for the condition of the sheets and pillow cases as this is not typical and rest assured this will be corrected as will the mattress pad. I am sorry you were also disturbed by our continuously running bathroom exhaust fans and the level of service from housekeeping is not acceptable as well.

Please reach out to me directly at craig.usher@hilton.com if you have further question or issues and we will make it up to you.

Regards

Craig Usher

Reviewed May 1, 2019

It is always nice to return to the Hampton Inn. You know what to expect, and it had never been disappointing .Staff is professional and courteous. Breakfast area is always very clean, and spills are taken care off immediately,.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 30, 2019

The room was excellent, clean and with comfortable beds a bedding. The breakfast was fabulous and very friendly staff.Great pool and water slide. Check and check out quick and easy. Loved the bar fridge, bar sink and microwave in the room.
We will definitely be back.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 19, 2019

There are several hotels in the area, i picked this one as they advertised that there was soundproofing, and noise disrupts my sleep. Although I have been in hotels with better soundproofing, this one was alright. You still hear hall, parking lot and rail traffic noises, but the side wall and roof was sounds were negligible. I could hear toilet flushes and one thump but that was about it.

My main issue was the beds are really firm, so I woke up in discomfort. The massaging shower head didn't help. I chuckled that I received one complimentary water bottle at my check in. I have been at other hotels that offer bottled water, but they have it chilled in the fridge, and replace it when it is used, with a new bottle. I didn't like that the tea was kept in the main lobby rather than in the room, but it was the first hotel that I was in that had complimentary popcorn with the microwave. The mini fridge, froze my drinks, but since I was driving out to Writing on Stone, it was handy having cold drinks :) I was in the 2 bed Queen Suite. There were stains on the couch and foot stool, that were kind of icky, but that happens in hotels.

Considering that was the worst of the worst, I enjoyed my stay. When I was at the breakfast, the food wasn't very warm, but that happens when you have warm food being continually accessed. It was a plus to have warm food though, and a waffle iron. What impressed me, is that I over heard a few people having issues at their check out, and management knocked off a portion of the stay. I was impressed because I had issues in hotels and have been just told there's nothing that could be done with my bill. Sure it would be nice to be issue free, but it seemed like good customer service to be proactive to someone's problem.

I wasn't able to check out the pool, gym or business centre but they looked great. I had issues with the wifi and my tablet, but they gave a piece of paper with a help desk number, and I was up and running in no time. Speed was good enough to stream a movie.

Would I come back? I think so, but I am also tempted to try some of the other hotels too. I stayed because I was able to use a free night from the hotel website I make use of.

Room tip: If you like a view, you may want to stay somewhere hire than the ground floor.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
CraigU124, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2019

Dear Miss Tablet;

Thank you for your review, you have provided excellent feedback for us to keep growing and improving. We are glad you mentioned you would come back and look forward to showing how we took your feedback and can exceed you even more.