“Very friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Very friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel is located near a highway and easy to find with plenty of parking space.

The staff at the frontdesk is very friendly and you feel welcome right away.
The hotel itself is quit new and the rooms are very modern, spacious and clean. Even though the hotel is located near a highway and a railroad you won't hear a thing.

The only drawback is the breakfast, the food itself is good and there is plenty of choice, however the plates and cutlery are all cartboard and plastic. This can be quit annoying when you need a knife, you cut right through the plates.
This seems to be a Hampton thing because the do this at every Hampton we ever stayed at. I hope they will change this in the future.
It will not however influence my choice for Hampton because they do offer good vallue for your money in regard to the rooms and service!

Room Tip: High floor room, just because they are always quiter everywhere!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Spokane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

As a pilot, I travel for a living and stay at numerous hotels. This facility was comfortable, quiet, immaculate awith a staff that was dedicated to customer service. Whether on a single overnight or extended stay, the Hampton Inn in Lethbridge will be my hotel of choice! While not "cookked to order" the breakfast was better than average.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Second stay at this property and it appears that they have recently renovated the guest rooms. Very clean and spotless. New furniture, carpets, bathroom and tv. Had a regular king room and everything was very good.

+ Fast and free wi fi.
+ Friendly staff.
+ Convenient location just off of the highway. Walk to Tim Hortons and/or the casino.

- Bed was frumpy. Not the best sleep.
- Breakfast did the trick but not up to par vs. the other Hamptons stayed at recently in terms of choice and ability to handle the morning rush.
- They have a gym with a couple treadmill-type machines, free weights up to 50 lbs. Again, not up to par vs. the other Hamptons.

Room Tip: Get a top level floor room, typical thin ceilings where you can hear walking about.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had been traveling in Montana and Canada for over a week and stayed in several different hotels. This was by far the best in quality and the best in value. We would highly recommend it. The staff was helpful and friendly. They spent time giving me extra information and even printed me some maps. The beds were the most comfortable we had and the breakfast was wonderful with two great staff members keeping it well stocked. The pool was clean and the it was a quiet night's rest. After this and previous experience, we will look for Hampton and Hilton again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

The rooms are a good size, clean, and quiet. Reception desk daytime personnel were pleasant and effective. Night staff are the opposite. Had to practically sign a waiver to have a plastic bottle opener provided to us! And then waited over 5 minutes while the 2 staff persons were trying to help a guest with WIFI access - finally the second person left that conversation saying he wasn't technical and couldn't help - perhaps he could have left earlier with that same excuse to attend to the others waiting for assistance!

Breakfast was really poor - you'd have a hard time identifying the scrambled eggs as eggs if they weren't labelled, and the back bacon needed a steak knife to cut it was so overdone.

That said, the price was right!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Craig U, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lethbridge, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Debby68;

Thank you very much fro taking the time to review your recent stay with us, we LOVE hearing your feedback, this is what allows us to continue to adapt and improve better than the competitors. I would love to hear from you further at craig.usher@hilton.com with more comments about your issues you experienced so I can assure to have these corrected and also made up to you as we truly value your feedback.

Your Friend INN Town

Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night (July 11th) and we are quite pleased. We had a very unpleasant stay at the Days in a few nights ago (see my review) so we switched to staying here on our way back. The hotel was completely booked up due to a car show in town, so I'm Glad we booked the room when we did!

Our room was very nice and modern. However, there was hair on the bathroom floor when we checked in, so I called down to the front desk and they sent someone up to clean it while we were at the pool.

I was disappointed by the pool. I think they were having trouble keeping up with all of the people there. We walked into the pool area and everyone immediately started coughing because there was so much chlorine in the air. Everyone who was already in the pool was coughing too. After sitting in the hot tub a little bit my eyes were burning! I decided just to sit on the edge of the hot tub and it helped a bit, but as I sat there I watched a brown scum build up on top of the bubbles! It grossed me out and I got out of the hot tub!

The rest of our stay was pleasant. Our room was spacious and nice. The breakfast was good. Lots of hot food. Bacon, hash browns, omelette, and lots of cold stuff too.

When we checked out this morning I told the girl at the desk about the pool. I was hoping we might get a discount, but She just thanked me for the information and said She would tell maintenance.

Overall, it seemed difficult to find a decent hotel in Lethbridge for a reasonable price. So, if I was ever in Lethbridge again, I would probably stay here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Craig U, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lethbridge, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear ladylovelylocks

I want to thank you for your review, at the Hampton Inn and Suites Lethbridge we value and love getting the feedback from our guests, as unlike other hotels we know it's the guests that keep us going. I would like to apologize for the issues you had with the pool and hot tub and would like to ensure you this has been corrected.

I would also like to invite you to contact me further at craig.usher@hilton.com with more information as we would love to make this up to you and correct this for you. We thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again.

We LOVE Having you here!!!

Your Friends INN town:

Hampton Inn and Suites Lethbridge
New Brunswick, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Although only about a year & a half old, it does not look as though it was built with the same standards of the slightly older-ones?? The fit & finish, stained spots here & there, bad wallpaper installations,...
The view? What view? Regardless of what floor or side, you get no view as the hotel is surrounded by industrial buildings, structures & sites.

The hallway carpet-patern is nice and a surprise in the pool-room, a waterside.
Anise the front dest assistant supervisor & her staff were great.
Overal nothing exciting in Lethbridge!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear prophecy;

I want to thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. At the Hampton Inn and Suites Lethbridge we value our guests feedback and input more than any other hotels and our main goal is the utmost in guest satisfaction.

I would love to hear form you further about the issues you described and would love to have you email me personally with some more information about your stay at craig.usher@hilton.com so that we can ensure this is all corrected and so we can make this up to you.

We hoep to see you again as we LOVE having you here!!

Your Friend INN town!!!