“friendly staff, accomodating, nice business suites, clean..”

Lethbridge Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Edmonton, Canada
“friendly staff, accomodating, nice business suites, clean..”
Reviewed June 11, 2010

We stayed at the hotel June 3rd/10. We were staying in the city for one night for an event and had prebooked the hotel deluxe room suite. The indoor atrium drew me in when I was looking for a place to stay online. It is as nice as the pictures. It was neat to see it off the lobby area in the middle of a smaller hotel. We didn't have time to check out the pool but it looked nice right oin the middle with the atrium. The room we had requested wasn't what we had wanted at first but we went to the front counter and they were quick to get us into a room on a higer floor with a kingsize bed and a window overlooking the University. I wasn't fond of the room we had originally been placed in as it was pretty run down, clean but run down (deluxe room). The upgrade we had was to the business room and it had nicer furniture, a cozy chair,couch and nicer washroom, and it was only 10 dollars more to stay in it. It's not the fanciest hotel but there aren't many of those in this city anyway. We would stay there again if we were in the city. :)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Claresholm
Reviewed June 5, 2010

The rooms were old in appearance and the rugs were worn and stained and looked dirty. the bathrooms were cramped and outdated with chipping porcelian in the tubs. The rooms looked like they needed a real good cleaning. The rooms were stuffy and even smelled slightly on dampness and mold.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2010

The only I havde a concern which is probably more my fault is I never received a receipe for my room.
the two ladies at the front desk were out standing ,friendly very helpful.Explained where the conference rooms were,Helped me with directions to get out of town.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
A;berta
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Booked room with 2 Double beds, confirmed with Hotel 2 days before we arrived that we needed 2 double beds, was assured with confirmation number. Unpon arrival, we could only get 1 bed with pull out sofa, went back to front desk & was told they were full and they did nothing to recifiy. Girl at front desk was rude, hallways and rooms were dirty, we left and found a room at the Quility Inn, much nicer, cleaner and newer Hotel for same price. I would recommend not to stay in this hotel

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank rh101
-2gdm-, General Manager at Lethbridge Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 14, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Lethbridge Lodge. We are very proud of our staff & our service & trust you found that to be more than acceptable and would appreciate the opportunity to be your Hotel of choice in Lethbridge on yOour next visit.
Greg Moon
General Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Lethbridge hotels

vulcan
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Myself and 4 friends recently stayed at the Lethbridge Lodge Hotel. This hotel used to be an excellent hotel, very up to date, clean, great to take kids to etc. Its still got a beautiful atrium to sit and have a drink with the pool right there as well.
The rooms are in desperate need of an up date! The rugs are looking really old, beds have the old style of bed spreads on them. Pillows are flat and not comfortable at all. Furniture is dinged and needs updating. The bathroom is so outdated and the tiles on the floor are showing their age and I felt they were dirty looking. There is no fan in the bathroom as well.
We were able to get a discount as we are travel agents, but if I woul dhave had to pay full price I would not have stayed there.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank vulcanvacations
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Well, it's not many times I write these types of reviews, but this time I couldn't resist. This hotel has seen better days, I'm sure of that. No soap in bathroom was just the beginning. Bulbs by the nighstand (both) burnt out. No instructions for accessing the internet, and no information regarding same offered at check-in.

What's worse, my meeting room experience (they call it The Great Canadian Meeting Experience) was the worst I have experienced in over twenty five years of being a meeting facilitator. The room was set up completely wrong, and had to be stripped down and reset as the participants were arriving...very embarrassing. No audio visual (screen, power and flip charts) provided though these are standard things my assistant always ask for well in advance. They eventually were provided but my meeting got off to a late and very anxious start.

The hotel clerk tried to appease me at checkout with a 'breakfast coupon' even though I told her I would not be around for the next breakfast. Nonetheless she insisted on giving me a coupon. I did manage to get the Botanica staff to accept it for a meal later that day, but only after a manager got involved.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank affinitymc
-2gdm-, General Manager at Lethbridge Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 17, 2010
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent meeting at the Lethbridge Lodge. Your experience was anything but what we are trying to achieve in our Catering/Banquet area & we shall be going through your points to establish where we can ensure this does not re-occur.
Gregory Moon
lethbridge
Reviewed February 13, 2010

We went to the lodge thinking the lobby and main floor ooks amazing and thought the rooms would be the same way, WRONG!!!!.We had the honeymoon room, we walked in ,it smelled funky ,found dead flies, carpet was stained , the bathroom was disgusting with a 1970 bathtub, the cieling was cracking , we put the air conditioner on as it was really hot and we got this really pungent smell og marejuana and cigarette smoke,my husband and me couldnt sleep all night as the smell woud get stronger at times, there were no special features, anciant bubble tv's, no ice in the icetray, next morning we walked down the hallway , housekeeper was on her cell phone the whole even as she was in the same elevator as we were, gabbling away in a different language, no wonder the rooms arent clean, if the are spending all thier time on cell phone.overall i woud NOT recomend this hotel to anyone, it aint all its cracked up to be!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank disappointed042
-2gdm-, Manager at Lethbridge Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 17, 2010
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us, we do pride ourselves on our cleanliness & have addressed the issues you have mentioned regarding air conditioning & room cleanliness.We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.