“never again”

Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Vancouver
“never again”
Reviewed July 11, 2009

we arrived at knight after a long drive, the atrium looked very interesting, the check in was efficient. Unfortunately it ended there. The elevator was filthy, floor tiles cracked, walls damaged, the room smelled stale and very shop worn, furniture in need of refinishing,carpet needed shampooing, all in all disappointing at the rate we paid. we went for a drink in the bar where the chairs had holes in them an were filthy, the carpet stained.
In the morning when we checked out after paying, we were ready to leave,and the clerks last question was. How was your stay? I told her exactly what i wrote here, Her answer in a condescending voice was that she never goes into the rooms so she has no idea what I am talking about,
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone at the senior rate of $139. that we paid it was
poor value.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MiklosVancouver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Trail, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2009

We stayed at the Lethbridge Lodge in January 2009. When we booked I was a bit nervous because of the bad reviews here. I told the girl I was very picky and she suggested a business class room. Check in was quick when we arrived but it was a bit of a pain getting the luggage cart through the atrium and up over the little bridge. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Our only complaint was that the bathroom was a little cozy. This could be remedied by some degree by changing the direction the door opened. We had a sofa and comfortable desk chair in our room overlooking the lounge.
The live entertainment in the lounge was a young woman playing piano and singing. Both nights we stayed she performed and we kept our door open to the atrium and enjoyed the music. It ended at 11pm and we closed the door and it was quiet. Food in the lounge was fairly good. We didn't eat in the restaurant. Internet service was good. We found the atrium to be pleasant but it might be noisy to some. So we would recommend business class room and if you really want quiet get a room overlooking the train bridge or the city rather than into the atrium.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
GMLethbridgeLodge, General Manager at Lethbridge Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 1, 2009
Thank you so much for your great comments; we were thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your experience with us. We believe that our associates are the key to our success and we are fortunate that day in and day out they offer a great experience to our guests.

I also appreciate your recommendation to other travellers with regards to the courtyard vs. outside facing rooms. We love that our guests can choose between the ambiance & unique sense of place that our indoor courtyard offers, and the relaxing & breathtaking coulee views that our outside facing rooms offer.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2009

I'm currently staying in this hotel and I now remember exactly why I haven't booked a stay here in 2 1/2 years.

There are some positives to this hotel. My experience with the staff is very good. They went out of their way to accommodate me when I called for the initial reservation. My king sized room is quite large and comfortable with a decent bed and furnishings that are much newer than the atrium and hallway decor. The bathroom is standard sized with a decent selection of free toiletries. The room is very clean. There is free wireless throughout the hotel, though it's one universal code for everyone to use. I received good service at the Botanica Restaurant and it is still a popular breakfast venue for my work contacts. While all of these things would normally make for a good hotel stay, it doesn't make up for the major shortcomings of the hotel.

The hotel needs to update the 60s style bunker in the hallways but the cheesy atrium area with pool side lounge. There is a very bad one man band playing at the pool side lounge and you can hear him clearly if you are unfortunate enough to have an atrium facing room. The pool is full of people making lots of noise. While that is exactly what pools are for, it is just poor design and sound proofing to put a pool in an open air atrium in the middle of the hotel. The lighting is still poor also.

Worst of all is the lack of control over large groups in the hotel. Though I expect hotels such as this one to be more family oriented and slightly noisier on the weekends, the trouble seems to lie with a large tournament for high school or college age students in Lethbridge right now. Lethbridge seems to host a lot of these types of events and i t was incredibly difficult to even get a room for the weekend.

Beyond the groups of people clustered in hallways and banging doors, there are people doing loud pep rally style chants and yelling at the top of their lungs. I have stayed here during the week and remember it being noisy but this is just ridiculous. BTW, I'm also a partially deaf so it takes a lot for me to notice noise. It feels like I'm in a college dorm rather than a hotel on a Friday night.

It's a nicer hotel than an Econo Lodge in terms of amenities. However, the next time I'm in Lethbridge and I can't get into the Holiday Inn or Best Western, I'm going to go down a star level to stay at the Days, Comfort or Quality Inn. There aren't as many creature comforts in the 2 star hotels yet they have to be better designed to not have a pool and a lounge in the central area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank game_misconduct
GMLethbridgeLodge, General Manager at Lethbridge Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 28, 2009
Thank you so much for sharing your comments about the hotel. We were delighted to know that the staff was helpful and that the guestroom and restaurant experience met your expectations. We've made some changes in our guestrooms with a new linen package, and we're glad that you noticed.

I must apologize for the noise that you had encountered with a large group that we were hosting last weekend. I promise that this is not the typical experience and we hope that you will afford us the opportunity to regain your loyalty.

Thank you again for the fantastic, detailed constructive feedback, and our apologies that this is the memory you left Lethbridge with. If you have the opportunity and would like to discuss this personally I would be so grateful for your time. Please call the hotel and ask to speak directly to me.

Travelers are raving about these Lethbridge hotels

edmonton
Reviewed October 18, 2008

smelled like febreeze and looked like a war happened in the room. desparate need of renovations. pictures are completely off from what the room really looks like. noisy all night long

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank taniaEdmonton
Toronto
Reviewed September 8, 2008

My husband and I got married this summer. My mother organized our wedding since we live in Toronto. She personally went to the Lethbridge Lodge to reserve a room for our wedding night. She did a tour of the hotel and settled on the junior presidential suite. She gave them her credit card information and was guaranteed the room was ours. The day of the wedding my brother dropped off our overnight bags and reminded the front staff that we would be there that night. We arrived later that evening after having a fabulous wedding excited to settle in for the night. Thats when the nightmare began. The front desk lady said very rudely that we did not have a room, that it had been given away to someone else. We asked how it was possible that on our wedding night and with a reservation this could be happening. She then so rudely said raising her voice that it was our fault we did not have a room. It was our fault because my brother had not checked us in when we dropped of our bags. An argument ensued in which we demanded a room and she would not budge. A manager was sent down to see us and was not apologetic by any means. The manager said she could get a room ready for us in just a few minutes. Her and the front desk lady walked down the hall to get our room ready snickering and laughing like it was a joke. We got into our room and it was disgusting. A room right off the pool with bunk beds!!!! The air conditioner was broken and it smelled like chlorine. It was horrible. The next morning we were charged full price and there was no apology. We could not believe that it was possible to treat guests so poorly. This ruined our wedding night. If I could give this hotel a worse then terrible rating I would. Stay away from this hotel!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12 Thank alias78
Calgary
Reviewed July 28, 2008

This hotel reminds me of an 80's style hotel that now cries for a renovation. Amenities are fine, staff is pleasent, and location is great. The hotel suites just need to be modernized. I am sure it will happen within a year or two, or sooner depending on the local lodging competition.

• Liked — Location, pool, lounge, restaurant
  • Disliked — dated rooms
  • Stayed July 2008
Yorkshire
Reviewed July 3, 2008

Stayed at the Lethbridge Lode for one night as part of a tour of Canada and America.

This was the worst hotel of the tour - rooms very basic but reasonably clean. The problems were mostly with the noisy groups in the hotel. Whilst we were staying there was a wedding reception, childrens party and other functions. Additional security had been arranged but the hotel still had people running up and down the corridors until the early morning - not something you want when you are getting up to leave at 8am the next morning.

Also had problems with guest services - ran out of water at the `shop' and didn't have a sewing kit even at reception which is usually standard in the rooms at this grade of hotel.

Didn't eat at the hotel on an evening as it was so busy but did have a reasonable breakfast before departing the next moring.

• Stayed June 2008