Ramada Lethbridge
Chinook Motel(Lethbridge)
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn(Lethbridge)
View Hotel
All reviewskorean restaurantolder hotelcontinental breakfastroom was cleanone nightcentral locationattached restaurantdecent pricesausagebooked this hotelbreakfast stafflong driveup to datecoffee makersaunadeskwashroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I understand that this older 7-story hotel was recently purchased by Ramada... but too bad that this hotel was not renovated BEFORE putting the Ramada name on the building. It is a worn building (tiny elevator, worn carpets in public areas, old decor in rooms, aged bathroom). After having visited several Ramada hotels in the days prior to staying at this one, the Ramada Lethbridge was a disappointment. Granted, the room rate was lower than other Ramada hotels ($110Cdn) but I expected more from the Ramada chain. The room was clean, but that's all I can say good about the hotel. I politely shared my thoughts with the desk upon checkout... their reply: "I'm sorry you feel that way." Hmmm.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 1traveller57
Brian_M_Um, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I would like to inform all of our guests that we are planning on a major renovation of our lobby (to be completed early 2013) and also replacing our in room furniture. We appreciate your comments and hope to be of service to you in the future!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We attended the Street machine weekend on July 13-15,2012. We have stayed here at least twice per year for the last 10 years,and may not the next time. Dont get me wrong, the service is great and we found the rooms to be clean and actually found the beds to be quite comfortable.I personally dont mind the "dated" look of the brick structure.Where my frustrations occured was the closing of the pub in the basement (it worked well for the short trips back to our rooms without the aid of a taxi) and the lack of multiple elevators. How about an elevator added to the outside of the building?But the real frustration for myself was a Montreal-based moving company who, according to staff that weekend, were allowed to park their semi trucks wherever the liked, taking up multiple parking stalls. I asked about why they were allowed to park like that, and the fellow at the front desk said they kind of do what they like.Really? I had to park my restored old car where i really didnt want to in a dark illegal spot because the parking was all full when we returned Friday night.Its a 50/50 chance i will be back,unfortunate since ive stayed for so long here.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing Mayor Magrath Drive instead of the neighbors back yards.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jcsch

Hello,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! Due to our increasing demand for meeting space, we had remove the pub. We do have a restaurant on site for people to sit and enjoy alcoholic beverages however I do understand that this would not be the same ambience as a pub.
I'm sorry that you were unable to find a parking spot because of irregular parking and I will be making sure that our staff inform our guests of more appropriate parking for our oversized vehicles as to avoid this sort of incident in the future. We hope to be of service to you again in the future!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here one night on our way back home, and were not looking for anything in particular. We ended up with a very nice King-bed room. The room was small but managed to get everything in without appearing crowded. It was very comfortable. My partner was ecstatic about the wired internet which finally allowed him to do some serious photo downloading to his various forums. Central location, easy to find, very clean and comfortable. I do agree though that the front door and elevators are very luggage unfriendly. I had to manoever a heavy cart by myself up a ramp to even get to the elevators. Not fun.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ElaineEdmonton

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review of our hotel. I am glad our hardwired internet (standard in all King rooms) was of help to you during your stay. We are currently in the process of automating our entrance to better facilitate all of our guests. We hope to be of service to you again in the future!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Reminiscing about the 80's? Wish you could take a time machine back to '85? Then this is the place for you! Just make your way through the cumbersome, luggage unfriendly front doors and you'll find yourself back in the days where buildings reeked of smoke and red carpet was totally hip. There's even a murial of a horse on the wall! It'll make you want to put on a pair of cuts offs and a varnet t-shirt and hit the "gym", which consists of about 3 machines, all equally as retro as the building. And if you're feeling social, that's good, cuz you can hear everything that happens in the hallway and in the room next door! And the Asian restaurant/lounge attached is converted to the "breakfast room" by ancient tables with those hip removable glass tops pushed together to form a dimly lit, cafeteria atmosphere for your dining pleasure.

All sarcasm aside, I stay at a lot of Ramadas, as I travel Alberta a lot for work. This was our fourth ramada this month and I was greatly dissapointed. I have always had a fabulous experience and I try to book with ramada whenever possible. I was informed that this wasn't initially a ramada bjt was recently bought out by them. Why, Ramada? Why shame your name? You're better than this!

I have no complaints about the staff or service. All the people we talked to we're perfectly peasant. it's simply the building I just don't understand! It says there have been renosvations, but I fail to see any evidence of that! Why not just tear it down and start anew?

In short, I won't let this one experience taint my view of Ramadas forever, as this location is clearly the ugly step-sister. I will continue to recommend Ramadas everywhere...except here. We moved our five rooms to a different hotel on the other side of town and will not be returning to this location until it joins the 21st century.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank jennad117
Brian_M_Um, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Yes, our hotel is made of brick while newer hotels are not mainly because it is much more expensive to do so nowadays. We still take pride in what we have to offer which are friendly/excellent customer service, clean spacious rooms, a great view (best/highest in the city), great comfortable beds with modern linens, and upgraded amenity package (includes free bottled water).

Our continental breakfast is included with all rates and we offer hot sausages, scrambled eggs and waffles (in addition to our many other offerings) in our clean and bright restaurant (which is closed for the morning). Our breakfast is also eco friendly (we do not use disposable plates/cups although they are available for guests to bring back breakfast to their room)!

I think a pair of cutoffs and a tshirt (varnet or not) would be great clothes to use our fitness room which contains all new cardio equipment maintained by a reputable name in fitness! We also have a weight machine on which you can perform a variety of basic exercises. For our guests who want everything we would be happy to give you directions/information about the nearest full gyms in the area!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Ramada Lethbridge.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

The king size bed that i slept was so hard and the blanket quality is poor. I did not have a good sleep. Its actually the worst 3 star hotel ever.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank T0asta

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear you did not have a good sleep at our hotel. I have received an opposite comment from a guest, unfortunately not on TripAdvisor, that our beds were the best she had ever stayed on. We understand some guests like their beds firmer or softer than others and that this can definitely affect sleep quality. We thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.