“Very comfortable compact room”
Review of Ramada Lethbridge

Ramada Lethbridge
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Edmonton, Canada
“Very comfortable compact room”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here one night on our way back home, and were not looking for anything in particular. We ended up with a very nice King-bed room. The room was small but managed to get everything in without appearing crowded. It was very comfortable. My partner was ecstatic about the wired internet which finally allowed him to do some serious photo downloading to his various forums. Central location, easy to find, very clean and comfortable. I do agree though that the front door and elevators are very luggage unfriendly. I had to manoever a heavy cart by myself up a ramp to even get to the elevators. Not fun.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ElaineEdmonton
Brian_M_Um, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review of our hotel. I am glad our hardwired internet (standard in all King rooms) was of help to you during your stay. We are currently in the process of automating our entrance to better facilitate all of our guests. We hope to be of service to you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Reminiscing about the 80's? Wish you could take a time machine back to '85? Then this is the place for you! Just make your way through the cumbersome, luggage unfriendly front doors and you'll find yourself back in the days where buildings reeked of smoke and red carpet was totally hip. There's even a murial of a horse on the wall! It'll make you want to put on a pair of cuts offs and a varnet t-shirt and hit the "gym", which consists of about 3 machines, all equally as retro as the building. And if you're feeling social, that's good, cuz you can hear everything that happens in the hallway and in the room next door! And the Asian restaurant/lounge attached is converted to the "breakfast room" by ancient tables with those hip removable glass tops pushed together to form a dimly lit, cafeteria atmosphere for your dining pleasure.

All sarcasm aside, I stay at a lot of Ramadas, as I travel Alberta a lot for work. This was our fourth ramada this month and I was greatly dissapointed. I have always had a fabulous experience and I try to book with ramada whenever possible. I was informed that this wasn't initially a ramada bjt was recently bought out by them. Why, Ramada? Why shame your name? You're better than this!

I have no complaints about the staff or service. All the people we talked to we're perfectly peasant. it's simply the building I just don't understand! It says there have been renosvations, but I fail to see any evidence of that! Why not just tear it down and start anew?

In short, I won't let this one experience taint my view of Ramadas forever, as this location is clearly the ugly step-sister. I will continue to recommend Ramadas everywhere...except here. We moved our five rooms to a different hotel on the other side of town and will not be returning to this location until it joins the 21st century.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank jennad117
Brian_M_Um, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Yes, our hotel is made of brick while newer hotels are not mainly because it is much more expensive to do so nowadays. We still take pride in what we have to offer which are friendly/excellent customer service, clean spacious rooms, a great view (best/highest in the city), great comfortable beds with modern linens, and upgraded amenity package (includes free bottled water).

Our continental breakfast is included with all rates and we offer hot sausages, scrambled eggs and waffles (in addition to our many other offerings) in our clean and bright restaurant (which is closed for the morning). Our breakfast is also eco friendly (we do not use disposable plates/cups although they are available for guests to bring back breakfast to their room)!

I think a pair of cutoffs and a tshirt (varnet or not) would be great clothes to use our fitness room which contains all new cardio equipment maintained by a reputable name in fitness! We also have a weight machine on which you can perform a variety of basic exercises. For our guests who want everything we would be happy to give you directions/information about the nearest full gyms in the area!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Ramada Lethbridge.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The king size bed that i slept was so hard and the blanket quality is poor. I did not have a good sleep. Its actually the worst 3 star hotel ever.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank T0asta
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear you did not have a good sleep at our hotel. I have received an opposite comment from a guest, unfortunately not on TripAdvisor, that our beds were the best she had ever stayed on. We understand some guests like their beds firmer or softer than others and that this can definitely affect sleep quality. We thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This land mark hotel on Mayor McGrath Drive first called the Heidelberg, then the Best Western Heidelberg is now Ramada Lethbridge. Nothing much has changed although it is claimed that renovations were completed in 2011.
I have stayed there many times over the last half dozen years. It is my preferred hotel in Lethbridge for good value, a quiet night’s sleep and a clean well-appointed room.
It now boasts a free ‘deluxe continental breakfast’ which was served in the adjoining restaurant which does not seem to be open to the public in the morning. It was a good breakfast with the usual cold/dry selections as well as cook your own waffles and scrambled eggs and sausage.

Iike the hotel's solid concrete construction and friendly, competent staff.

Room Tip: A room facing east over a residential neighborhood will be quietest. I like the ones facing south or...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Brian_M_Um, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review of the Ramada Lethbridge. I am pleased to hear you have us as your preferred hotel in Lethbridge. We have recently placed microwaves in all of our King rooms for the convenience of our guests. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our eggs and sausage which we have available during weekdays only although all other selections are available over the weekend. We hope to continue to serve you in the future.

Best regards,

Brian Um - General Manager
Sherwood Park
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The hotel room was very large as was the bathroom. I have to say it was clean as well. On the other hand the brick motif is not exactly the most atteractive. The breakfast was basically cereals, muffins and the like with the exception of a waffle maker which did the job pretty well. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were good enough that we asked the front desk where they bought them. Nice central location. Overall a pretty good deal that cries out for a facelift. It would be a 4 out of 5 if it had it. Would I go back? Absolutely.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Lethbridge. I am glad you enjoyed our large room/bathroom. We also have very large windows that can make for excellent views on our higher floors. Our brick motif is something we are proud of and we feel it gives our hotel a sense of quality and security. If you stay during the week, our breakfast selection also includes eggs and sausages! We hope to serve you again in the future.

Best regards,

Brian Um - General Manager
Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Check on was 3:00 and we waited till 4:30 before our room was cleaned and we could get in.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Waitin
Calgary, AB
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Just finished my second stay at this hotel, but my first stay since it changed to a Ramada. The only thing I don't like about this hotel is the fact it does not have a pool or hot tub. The room quality is very good. Very clean rooms with comfy beds. I like the old school retro looking brick walls. WiFi was strong and had no issues with it. I did not eat in the restaurant, so I cant comment on that.

Just to be clear, this used to be a Best Western and what was a Ramada with a waterpark in Lethbridge is now a Holiday Inn. I guess its "hotel musical Chairs" in Lethbridge?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Family_Guy
Brian_M_Um, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Ramada Lethbridge. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here. We also are a fan of our brick walls. We hope you try our restaurant next time you are in town. We receive a lot of positive reviews about Namu Korean and Western Grill which is open for dinner only from 4:30pm - 10pm daily. Our Wi-fi has recently undergone an service upgrade for higher speeds for you our valued guests.

We have recently become a Ramada and we hope to continue to be your hotel of choice when you visit Lethbridge!

Warm regards,